Reviews for The Secrets We Keep
BenRG chapter 20 . 8/14
I can see a good reason for continuing to use the Rough Riley persona whilst Mindy remains in Cooper. It's pretty clear that the people of Texas NEED their own distinct vigilantes.
BenRG chapter 18 . 8/14
The police can't touch you? Oh, boys, you'll very soon realise that you wish that they would lock you away forever where Hit-Girl can't find you!
BenRG chapter 17 . 8/14
Okay, so, do you want to start answering Kick-Ass's questions or do you just want to let Nordic Knight crush a few more skulls? I mean, they don't care; so long as one of you talks, that's all that matters!
BenRG chapter 15 . 8/14
For some reason, I can hear, in Hit-Girl's voice, a version of Susan Ivanova's 'Death Incarnate' speech from 'Babylon 5': " Who am I? I am Hit-Girl. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Dallas, asswipe! I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you will ever see. God sent me." Let's just put it this way: Racist terrorists are the sort of thing that is sure to set her off.

If nothing else, Dave, you'll probably keep Brad alive. From the idiots who started materialising after you went public, if you didn't, he'd just get himself killed trying to go solo.
BenRG chapter 14 . 8/14
It's kind of a shame really. All those [[expletive deleted]] are going to die slow, horrible and protracted deaths and they'll never know because it was because they were stupid enough to take a shot at Hit-Girl's cousin's squeeze!
BenRG chapter 13 . 8/14
I've got a feeling that Mindy, when she makes her return to NYC (for whatever reason) is going to be a bit nonplussed by the fact that Dave has not only formed a new Justice Forever but actually seems to be making it WORK.

I'm expecting her to mutter something about "I'm not a team player" before insisting that she help them because otherwise they'll get their stupid selves killed.
BenRG chapter 12 . 8/14
In some ways, I feel sorry for Mindy. She's found a little oasis, a sanctuary really. I've got the horrible feeling that it's about to be snatched away from her.

Meanwhile, Dave is reminding us that love makes you dumb.
BenRG chapter 11 . 8/14
It's a risk but, on the other hand, Ina cannot take further action unless she is satisfied that he is a threat to society in general. Every person Dave has injured or killed has been a criminal in some way except for Todd and Todd was an ex-Supervillain and really ought to be in prison for Felony Joint Enterprise with Chris.

(Mindy, on the other hand, is an unstable young woman prone to psychotic episodes. She has them mostly controlled but she's a borderline case and, I think, knows it.)

I just can't help but wonder if she's falling for him in some ways.
BenRG chapter 10 . 8/14
I've got this sudden mental image of a dark alley off of Main Street, Cooper. There are dead thugs everywhere and one living one, minus his gun hand. Hit-Girl is standing on his chest with one of her swords pointed at his face. "You're alive for one reason," she growls. "You're going to pass a message on to all your worthless little butt-buddies. You're going to tell them that this is MY town... You're going to tell them that Cooper, Texas... IS... PROTECTED."

Dave? If you're ever a dad? If you ever had any uncertainties, ask yourself "What would Big Daddy do?" and then do the opposite. Damon wasn't a bad man but he was a broken one and he made more mistakes with Mindy than anyone could ever catalogue.

Oh, stopping Mindy from teaching your kids 'self-defence' up to the twenty ways to kill someone with only your pinkie fingers would be impossible. However, I think if you told her she wasn't to take your kids out hunting, she'd obey, if only because she didn't want to listen to you complain.
BenRG chapter 9 . 8/14
The fact is, yeah, Dave needs to get his head in order or, the next time he puts on the SCUBA suit, he may lose it and actually kill someone.

Meanwhile, I suspect that it's going to turn out that the people of that small town in Texas are going to need the help of Hit-Girl. I wonder just how reluctant or eager Mindy will be to provide it?
BenRG chapter 8 . 8/14
Todd was lucky that their boss got between him and Dave. I don't think he would have held back and, given that he was trained by Hit-Girl for years, it would have been a fatal experience for Todd. As it is, he should get out of town before Kick-Ass comes looking for him.
BenRG chapter 7 . 8/14
Why do I have the mental image of Mindy sketching pictures of Hit-Girl riding into battle against mass gang-bangers on horseback like something out of a screwed up superhero comic? ;-)
BenRG chapter 5 . 8/14
I'm sure that Dave heard Mindy's quiet, slightly maniacal voice urging him to finish off those three. Fortunately, he had other things to wrestle with other than his conscience.
Guest chapter 35 . 8/13/2016
This story was simply AMAZING! I loved the way you portrayed all the characters. I also adored to way you set up and executed Dave and Mindy's romance! You did a great job of keeping them in character, GREAT JOB!
Guest chapter 19 . 8/11/2016
Why?! Kick Ass and Hit Girl need to come together again... Sorry that sounded perverted. They need to be a team again. There that was better.