Reviews for The Death of a Dream
lychee loving chapter 23 . 12/22/2011
This read just like a possible arc from the comics! Great stuff here, very grim and dark and intense - Gambit being a triple-agent I saw coming, but still surprised me (if that makes sense?). and I love that no one really stole the spotlight. This was very much a team-oriented story. Great work!
Spicy Diamond chapter 23 . 12/14/2008
Well written interesting read with a plot I haven't seen attempted before. Yes, the character deaths had me going 'wait they're not REALLY dead, are they?'. But everything flowed nicely. And I did really like the layers of double crossing going on as it made it interesting to see the characters interact together and watch who turned out to be friend and foe.
Ludi chapter 23 . 8/20/2007
A great piece of work - I really enjoyed reading this. I loved the array of characters, and that so many of the good guys had gone to the bad side. And I'm a sucker for anything epic and dark anyhow. Loved your treatment of the Shadow King. He isn't used enough. And your narration and writing style was excellent. Awesome action sequences too, which can be really hard to pull off. Thanks so much for sharing!

-Ludi x
Pyric chapter 23 . 8/11/2006
Dramatic turn from the dark and dreary, that was! Hmm, I suppose it's for the best. Magneto leading a team of (I'm guessing) good mutants? That should be interesting.

Overall, I daresay it was a good story. Well-written, well-planned, and well-played.

Good on ye.
Pyric chapter 22 . 8/11/2006
Hm...interesting. LOVED the Kurt-Kitty thing, that was just fantastic. Psylocke, downed by Wolvie was nice. And the kids...well, I dunno if I liked it, but it was still good.

So...yay? Methinks.
Pyric chapter 21 . 8/9/2006
Yup, definitely a great piece of work, this. Some intense battle scenes going on! And the return of the 'traitors' which is happy...though the 'evil' this is always fun.

Oh well, still more to go and I'm still hooked!
Pyric chapter 20 . 8/9/2006
Oh...damn.

VERY Well-written action sequences, and plenty of them to make for any lack of any real thrills and excitement in previous chapters. I am now officially impressed beyond explanation with this fic.
Pyric chapter 19 . 8/9/2006
Oh, here it comes, here it comes!

No time for a review; must get onto the battle!
Pyric chapter 18 . 8/9/2006
Much love all around. The fight must be coming soon!

Cor, glad things are being resolved. Everything's gone to heck! YAY!
Pyric chapter 17 . 8/9/2006
Ah, so that explains the insanity of Angel. Cor.

Vary nice. You really cover pain and tragedy well.
Pyric chapter 16 . 8/9/2006
Yeah! Good ol' Wolverine, always right on the marker.

It's suddenly occured to me that I am the only person who's reviewing each chapter...I dunno if this isn't what you want, getting a review of each one, especialy since it's all pretty much the same (That the story ROCKS), but oh well. That's how m'doing it.

So, yeah! That was again, good. Not much is happening, to be perfectly honest, but it's all very good. Some insight into painful pasts is always wonderful.
Pyric chapter 15 . 8/9/2006
Not much to say. Plot's rolling right along, some Wanda which is nice, and some desperation!

Marvellous.
Pyric chapter 14 . 8/9/2006
Meep. Much dark and dreariness in this chapter! Noice!

This line was killer; 'His blade had missed her heart that day, but his actions had pierced it as deeply'

Loved it.

So sad, and so creepy, and so dark, and so wunderbar!
Pyric chapter 13 . 8/9/2006
Har har har, it just gets better and better.

Ok, so I was wrong about Psylocke. But she's still a psycho, clearly!

Geez, all of this is so complicated. And exciting! Huzzah for you and your amazo-ness!
Pyric chapter 12 . 8/9/2006
Cute, fluffy goodness. Gotta love Romy!

Hmm...methinks this is way too convenient! I could be completely wrong here, but I'm guessing Psylocke's messing with their brains or something. Heh, I'm just putting it out there.

Newho, that was very sweet.