Reviews for Harnessing Starfire
lusians chapter 25 . 3/17
great story keep it up
Elle chapter 25 . 2/27
Like this story, and like where you have taken the alternate-alternate universe.
MuggleCreator chapter 25 . 1/14
Awww. I love the idea of Peter following a little Vulcan around. Also all this analysis of Jim-getting-into-Spock's-head is cool.
Minecraft Guardiansaiyan chapter 25 . 1/13
PLEASE...even in a spinoff...please get something which shows the change in Vulcan mentality about other species, especially Humans...we aren't that dumb!
xfphile chapter 24 . 12/2/2016
Yeah, I'm done. You are one of the more talented writers I've come across on (and I've read a *lot*), but your contempt for your readers and your complete lack of manners has completely killed every last bit of interest I had in this story and destroyed all the respect I had for you.

In and of itself, it's not the slash. No, it isn't my cup of tea, but a lot of people enjoy it, so fair enough. But your flat refusal to acknowledge ANY of the people who asked you - several times, on a few occasions - to mark this story as slash (and it's so frickin' EASY to do; either put it in the summary (slash K/S) or . . . I don't know . . . USE THE PAIRING FUNCTION BUILT IN WHEN SUBMITTING A STORY.) is very telling, because it means that you as an author do not care in the slightest about the very audience you're trying to entice. Not warning from the beginning is bad enough (particularly since it shows both bad manners and an (potential) appalling ignorance), but ignoring multiple requests we all know perfectly well that you've gotten?

Quite frankly: screw you, too.
Tejesh chapter 24 . 11/11/2016
I'm... pretty disappointed with this chapter. You write Jim as if he's AUKirk, the same coarse language, the same thought patterns, when he's not anything close to the Kirk of the AU. At least, judging by the TV show and seven movies. He's much more calmer, rational minded, and analytical.

This was basically like reading Kirk and Spock of the AU about fifty or so years down the road, and not like reading the original Kirk/Spock.
Guest chapter 23 . 11/10/2016
I was absolutely delighted to see that you're continuing this fic. For a long time I thought it was discontinued but even then it was one of the very best fics I've read.
Minecraft Guardiansaiyan chapter 24 . 11/11/2016
...Jim Kirk and Spock in this universe...when they mind meld...Bones better be in that meld too as a BFF to the extreme!

Jim and Spock confide in him plenty, mating bonds and best friend bonds can be different and STILL have that telepathy thing cause when they real action begins they both need to senseBones for emotional support.
Spinning Furret chapter 24 . 11/11/2016
Yes! All the fluffs!
Anon chapter 23 . 11/6/2016
Kirk teasing Spock over his fainting?
PERFECT ENDING!

It speaks to their friendship, and the original characteristics - Kirk original/Prime and Spock/Selik.
Lovely chapter.
(Had been wondering about Kortel - how he was doing, if he'd gotten to earth and had chosen to stay/reached earth and turned around because that's what his transport was doing, his interactions with Kirk (alternate) and crew, the ongoing negotiations/cultural study/society trade-information - and the like.)
First Contacts can be harrowing - but figuring out how to blend two dynamically opposed traditions (I.E. family and honor above all, verse individual merits and achievements with cunning/guile) takes a lot of effort. Even before the shooting wars over misunderstandings begin, or manipulated by unknown outsiders.

Kirk Prime has escaped the Nexus and is reunited with Spock - older, wiser, but still able to find trouble, in every situation.
Jane Doe Re Me chapter 23 . 11/8/2016
Good to see you back! I just re-read your story, and am as sucked in as I was the first time. I hope you are able to continue updating.
As to recent developments...Kortel is great! I do wonder how the Klingon ambassadors are getting along.
Kirk Prime?! I saw it comming when the nexus came into play but am not sure where it's going. Prime is a version of Kirk who didn't loose his father, had a loving mother, and essentially a charmed life with a few hic-ups (he was on Tarsus, but he didn't seem as scared by the experience as the other survivors in The Conscience Of The King). He also was much more trusting, and believed in love. New universe Kirk...not so much. Both in the same universe?
I'm not sure if you are a genius, or in over your head. You have many storylines started that are all potentially explosive (Pon-far, accidental bonds, Klingons, spies, assassination plans...and on it goes) plus prime Spock and Kirk. It's either a recipe for one amazingly epic story or a train wreck. I'm betting on the first and hope you find the time and inspiration to get there.

P.S. Please don't take anything I said as flames, it wasn't meant that way. I love the story and would be overjoyed to see it continue.
knightphoenix2 chapter 23 . 11/6/2016
Poor Spock Prime! He's going to get a happier ending after all.

Thanks for thinking of him - and Kirk Prime, as well!

Can't wait to see Jim Kirk meet Kirk Prime, eventually, I hope ...

More, please!
IvySnowe chapter 23 . 11/6/2016
Ahh! It happened! Kirk made it!
JannaKalderash chapter 23 . 11/6/2016
THAT is definitely a scene that I want to read!

This was perfect! I loved it, and I'm glad to see this come back.
Minecraft Guardiansaiyan chapter 23 . 11/6/2016
Hugs! Hugs everywhere! Kirk Prime better call Jim and say hi!