Reviews for Oubliette
guardianofdragonlore chapter 1 . 2/9
This was so angst and fluffy at the same time. It was just perfect.
Writer's-BlockDP chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
That was amazing... So beautifully written, and overflowing with imagery. Took me longer than I'm willing to admit to realize that the marbles were in Sherlock's mind :p Love the idea that he didn't build his escape until he had something to lose, and that John is the only one who can get him back out.
CLOWNFISH14 chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Awww I loved this sooooo much!
becgate chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
Wonderful! !
Convenient Alias chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
The marble imagery was gorgeous-in particular I liked the midnight blue one, and the entire idea of Sherlock climbing the marbles to get out of his mind. Brilliant.
Random Flyer chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
This was very well written. I enjoyed this quite a bit.
lilawonder chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
Wow. The imagery of each gift of a moment with John accumulating like treasure...and then the coins. Beautiful.
Lady Juse chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
I read this fic a while ago and forgot what it was called. Glad I found it again.
Grac3 chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
This was beautiful. I live the marbles and the colours... absolutely amazing!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
That was beautiful, what a wonderful example of the depth of the friendship between John and Sherlock and just how important it is to Sherlock without ever being mushy or out of character.

I really loved this.
DianaThen chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
You... genius.

The marbles. Brilliant.

Epic bromance interpretation with no real romance. Bonus points.

Concise yet incredibly descriptive writing style. Loved it.

I just love everything about this.

I only wish it were longer... but at the same time I'm afraid that an extension might ruin it.
The Jumble Book chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
An excellent fic, well written, and a great plot! Was just wondering what would happen if Sherlock got trapped in his mind palace; this fic was a good answer!
Radon65 chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
This was a BEAUTIFUL story. It was very well done, and the descriptions of the marbles and colours were excellent. I loved how the marbles changed colour according to whatever the memory was, and I especially liked how at first, Sherlock pulls out the wine red marble and we don't yet understand the significance of it, but eventually we learn what the marbles mean and then we are reminded of the red one and it is explained that that is the memory of John wanting to kill for him. I also especially liked the lead marble that appeared after John yelled at him, how it was dull and heavy, and felt to the floor, and how when John returned the marble was as big as his fist and made of diamond. And 'I won't leave you' after in italics. Excellently done.

I also just really liked the phrase, "Sherlock starts, scattering cascades of marbles" - it was a nice turn of phrase. And then the very short little interlude that describes his needing to sit on them, like a bird on a colourful nest, and how the light at the top of oubliette has grown. This was a very interesting idea and it was very cleverly played out. The writing and descriptions are really excellent and your should be quite proud of this story. I didn't expect it to switch to John's viewpoint for Sherlock's waking up, but I think it worked rather well the way it did - although it would have been interesting to get Sherlock's perspective on coming out of it. I do wish it hadn't ended *quite* so quickly - I should have liked to get a little bit of conversation between Sherlock and John.

The description of Sherlock's voice upon waking up was very nice though, and the spasmodic twitch of his lips. And I really, really liked the whole bit about how Sherlock chose to build the oubliette after the incident at the pool - how he'd always had secrets (everyone does), but had never considered anything precious enough to use such a technique to hide it. Until the pool, and then Sherlock realised that he had something that he simply could not lose. And I liked the purple marble and the midnight blue star studded marble and their respective meanings. I found the gold coins a bit incongruous, actually - I think I would have preferred more marbles, but I suppose gold coins might make more sense than gold marbles. In any case, I liked how the the marbles came more often, at so much as a word from John, after John said that he loved him. And you didn't get gushy with that or anything, so extra bonus points there.

This was a very well done story. I'm favouriting it.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
I loved the analogy of the oubliette filling up to get to the top. Beautiful.
patemalah21 chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
This was very intense. I loved the illustration of the marbles.