Reviews for Hostages to Fortune
Johijoha chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Oh dear. I love Pike, always have always will. And your interpretation of his past with Jim just depresses me. Both of them would have been so much happier together. really really sad.
GraysonSteele chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
You have to wonder - if the characters were real - how often Pike would have reflected on this moment and wished he'd done something different.
LilithL2 chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
nice story even if I want to shout at Pike... YEAH YOU ARE MAKING A MISTAKE!.
Depp1987 chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
Write more of these ! :-) :-) 5/5
See Me As I Am 101 chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Naughty Pike. You really shouldn't have left him. Bad boy
Aerilex chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Dude you are a beautiful writer. I just got caught up in your work a few days ago and have been devouring it like whoa. This was a special treat for me because I catch myself wondering about Chris and Jim's interactions whenever I start reading something of yours. This reads like a one-shot, especially with your intro, but I doubt I'm alone when I say I'd love to see more. Either way, thank you for this wonderful little glimpse into Jim and Chris' history. They are love.
Cheerfully Blue chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Sooo... This isn't marked as complete, so is there more? That would be awesome! Maybe two years later when Pike is called in the second time? Oh the angst!
But I loved it. Just knowing that Jim was once so young and willing to ask for help, before it all got worse... It just hits you right in the heart.
Great job.
Lizzy chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Enjoyed! Is there more coming?
Guest chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
OMG. I sort of wish this wasn't in your other universe, though. Can you do something AU with him getting custody? :(
Thousandsmiles chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
nice!
n1h1l4dr3m chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
I loved this! Please show us more of young Jim/young Pike. I got a really bad feeling from your intro that this was only a one-shot...If my completely unimportant opinion counts for anything, I really feel that you should carry this into your SFA era story where Jim and Bones become Jim&Bones! I'm assuming that in order to get accepted to Star Fleet Medical Academy you have to already hold a doctorate of medicine (because it's only a 3 year course and they only accept 200 applicants a year...so that'd be like...someone doing their internship or fellowship), so maybe Bones could treat Jim a few times in the ER without the incident being anything more than just a routine...I can't figure out the words I need to communicate I want... Where it's just a routine day for Bones, seeing one of forty or fifty patients on one of his rounds as a tired, coffee-fueled, busy, resident. But the seeds of "Bones is trustworthy and cares for you, Jim" will have been planted. As an aside, I'm not sure I like Pike's relationship with Boyce mirroring Jim and Bones because they're special. But I do like how you used it to bring out Pike's weary, worn state.
Aurora Abbot chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Aww, poor little Jim. I loved this one, but is it going to be a multi-chapter story, or a oneshot?
Melwasul chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
This was really well written and I hope to read more soon!
SiriusDancer chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Interesting. Very interesting. I do like new stories however so thanks!
WorfsWrinkles chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Oh please, please, please (ad nauseam!) write more of young Jim!