Reviews for Out of Reach
Guest chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
This was just so good! I really liked the idea of Dean going through Sam's subconscious. A lot of the memories were so emotional. The sweet ones were my favorite. Seeing Sam's hell was really hard to handle yet it was also believable. It is just proof you did very well. I enjoyed this a lot so thank you for a nice brothers story! :)
deanstheman chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Wow, this was a wonderful piece. What a great idea to use the dream root to pull Sam out of his coma. As usual, you were spot on with both characterizations. The moment when Sam collapsed was extremely well done and I could really feel Dean's angst and helplessness. Sam's dream sequences were perfect and I liked that Dean got to see them as he followed along. Great way for Lucifer to torture Sam - by showing him what Dean went through for him in Hell. I was a bit worried the killing-inside-the-dream-thing wouldn't work so very glad to see a happy ending. Great fic.
LaueHime chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Wow that was great ! I liked the little time travels in there and to get Sam's reaction to his own memories. Of course Dean would have to go and look for him ! Good idea to have thought of the dream root! It worked like a charm :P Characters were right on too so yeah good job! Loved it ;)
LilyBolt chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Wow. I mean really... WOW. This was just so amazing I had to take a moment to stare at my laptop screen before starting to type this review. The story was great, but the memories you concocted for Sam to experience in limbo were just absolutely amazing! This was like the best mix of emotional, traumatic, sweet, and funny! My favorite memory was this one:

"watching hours of cartoons as kids while Dean tossed M&Ms at him, hoping to score one in his mouth. That one had made Sam laugh out loud. It had been ridiculous, eleven-year-old Dean whacking his kid brother on the forehead with the candy and Sam rolling his eyes before popping it into his mouth. Those were the days."

That definitely made me grin. It was just so simple yet so incredibly sweet...Then there was the horrific memories Sam had of his time with Lucifer...I thought that your idea to have Lucifer make Sam watch what Dean went through during his time in Hell was brilliant! I mean it made me cringe because my heart broke for both of them, but it was also believable as a form of torture Lucifer would use and that Sam would react the strongest to.

This whole story was just wonderful! You have truly impressive abilities as a writer, and I am grateful I found your stuff on here because it literally never disappoints. I can always count on you to have written something I will love. And I hope that conveys how awesome I think this was. ;) Excellent work, and I genuinely look forward to whatever you come up with next!

P.S. When Dean had the dream near the beginning where Sam was rambling about psychology courses he took and how he liked to learn about understanding people's thoughts so he could help them... I had to smile at that. I could relate to Sam's feelings. ;) lol
mb64 chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
This is really, really good!

Nicely done.