Reviews for Hero of the Dragonborn
Bluzerker chapter 1 . 9/27/2019
Why do fanfics have link quite underpowered in these crossovers? I’ve read three so far and it has the same concept. Link being saved by the Dragonborn, or some other character.
icicle.c.cold chapter 1 . 5/30/2018
Please update soon! You're killing me with the suspense!
icicle.c.cold chapter 14 . 3/13/2018
Keep going! I am SOOO hooked! Aside from the iPad auto-correct constantly messing words up, this is great! I want to read more, and I look forward to the next update.
MANOFMANYNAMES chapter 2 . 11/30/2017
DAMN EORLAND AND HIS WEIRD TONGUE OF TRUTH! (whatever he says will happen weirdly will and i mean WILL happen)
Wild180 chapter 14 . 10/19/2017
I am so sad this was not finished. I love this story and it is the greatest concept of a skyrim and zelda crossover. If you are still active, continuing it would bring me much joy. I have kept this chapter open for 4 months because I knew it was the last one. But I have hope in this story! Have a great day!
Ariette5 chapter 14 . 5/1/2017
I honestly know absolutely nothing about Skyrim. Nothing. Nada. I started reading this story because I found the manga and realized it was a fanfic and decided to read it before reading the comic. Then I realized it was a crossover and I whined internally 'cause I don't usually like crossovers. You have proven me wrong.
Despite knowing nothing about Skyrim, the way you wrote and the small curiosities you wrote throughout the story helped me A LOT. I ended up liking it so much, I even thought of playing the game. So thank you for that XD
On the other hand, I love so much the adventure and the plot (eventhough I know it's like a remake of the actual game). Adding Link in the mix it's like seeing a whole new story (it's a new story anyways 'cause I've never played the game before XD). I especially fell in love with Folkvar's motherly instincts (yes, MOTHERLY instincts 'cause he counts both for a mother and father XD)
Another thing I love is Folkvar himself. He's this cold, hard headed warrior and throughout the story we see him warm up to Link as a father, but even as he warms up, he never stops being the cold, hard headed Nord warrior he was in the beginning. Usually, people write this transition in a way that totally damages the personality of the character, but you didn't do that. You remained loyal to your character, even as he grew and become a better person. It makes us realize that Folkvar is not a bad person, but rarher that all his kindness was hidden below a cold personality. Link helps Folkvar show his kindness, but that doesn't change his already forty-something years of personality. I honestly love that about him the most.
Also, I love Hunter. He's like the best partner XD I love how Folkvar doesn't like him, but Hunter's just too adorable to not like XD
And eventhough I literally know nothing about the Dragonborn, I'm grateful you explain it so well, along with The Voice. It helps me a lot understand what's going on.
I await eagerly for the final battle, 'cause I know it'll be epic. I also wanna see Link grow alongside Folkvar.
Oh! And speaking of Link, I love how you picture Link here. As you said, Link is a blank canvas where the players can picture themselves, aside from some specific traits (kindness, courage, heroic, ect). It's literally the first time I've seen Link be what Link should be: a kid. It totally blew my mind. It made me realize so much more about Link, things I would've never seen before. His fear, his pain, the weight on his shoulders. Everything suddenly takes a new light. I thank you for that. You've shown me a side of Link I never thought I'd see.
I really like this story. It's amazing, it fits so well and it's interesting. I'm happy I found this story when I did. Helped me a lot distract myself from the things that have been happening around here. So thank you!
I hope you're able to continue soon, though I understand you have a busy life.

-Ariette
Guest chapter 14 . 9/25/2016
The Fanfic must go on! I was excited about the last 5 chapters when they came out. Dont let this story die. You've made me actually get into fanfics with your way of telling a story. Please just dont stop writing at least.
Guest chapter 6 . 4/6/2016
You need to actually give link some balls and not to cry so much and really he need someone else to spell out his past for him
ChronoMitsurugi chapter 3 . 4/2/2016
Damn, that death was random and pointless. Congratulations. Just when I thought the earlier dragon scene was the worst this story had to offer.

Dammit I was really starting to like this fic again. Keep up the great work just please keep the pointless scenes to a minimum.
ChronoMitsurugi chapter 1 . 4/2/2016
So dragons in this story are just as utterly pathetic as in the game. So disappointing.
In fact the entire scene with the dragon was dumb. It didn't match any part of the story at all. It does nothing but drag the fic down.
Without the dragon scene I'd say this was an excellent chapter 8/10
With the dragon scene this is an okay chapter 6.5/10

Keep up the good work.
TheChargingRhino chapter 14 . 2/20/2016
Hello. Has it really been almost a year since you last updated this? Is is because no one reviewed it? ...I guess I'll be the one to feel like you want to keep continuing this.

This is very good. Please keep writing this.
Sayla Ragnarok chapter 14 . 10/21/2015
You, dear Author, have a talent. When I read your story it's not some boring fic where the whole quest gets retold, just with a buddy or new character, oh no, the way you tell it Skyrim comes to life. And. It. Is. Glorious!

I can't stop myself from thinking, "I want to see Folkvar kick ass in Hyrule!" it makes me giddy just imagining it! I also am curious of Link's transition into a brave warrior. I expect he'll need to timetravel at least twice to get the Eye of Truth and for the first half of the Spirit Temple meaning he'll have to face that scary nightmare fuel of a well as a ten-year-old and I'm anxious to see how he handles it after being raised by the Dragonborn and all the quests you have planned.

I also greatly enjoy your characterization of Folkvar he's somewhere between grizzled old veteran and well-traveled ranger (like Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings movies) and is currently the only characterization of the Dragonborn I like that doesn't aggravate me. I've read a couple crossovers where the personality wasn't unlikable but there was just something that didn't fit at the same time and it would grate against my soul! So many of those stories lack the depth and love you've given this creation.

From the bottom of my heart I appreciate this and all the time you've devoted to making it as perfect as possible.

P.S. I also keep imagining Folkvar in the Fire Temple. Really, a Nord in one of the hottest places in the Zelda universe? I smell an opportunity for shenanigans! The needling Link could give him...it must happen!
meep15 chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
What happened to navi, is she with link or is she still in Hyrule?
Takanuva chapter 14 . 8/31/2015
How much longer until the next update? I can hardly bear to wait anymore I'm like a meth addict in withdraw, it's too good a story to wait.
Lord Ganondorf chapter 14 . 7/29/2015
This is a very good story, some parts are sad, some are intrusting, and what the hell happened to zelda? Also can't Link use his own form of magic from the golden goddesses gifted to Link from the great fairies? What happened to The kokiri sword? To me, it seems like the entire story, up to like chapters 10 and beyond, Link has been a big pussy. I like that he isn't super duper overpowered, but he just seems like a big baby in terms of well, everything. Your story, I know, I was just wondering of why this is. I understand the OOC thing two, but He is so OOC its like making percy jackson a rapist lying asshole who hates everybody because he is in the wrong. (I never read the magna of OOT so I have no idea on what Link is like in it. If this is based off of that Link, I wouldn't know.)