Reviews for The Apple Thieves
SilverDragon1218 chapter 1 . 1/13
That was amazing. I was drawn into the writing like nothing else I've ever read before. It was perfect and sweet. The characterisation was spectacular and just wow. I'm so glad I found this little gem. Thank you so much for sharing it! Have a good 2020!
Rosenthorne chapter 1 . 7/6/2019
A delightful little story :D
Guest chapter 1 . 5/20/2019
This is beautiful ️
LuteofLorien chapter 1 . 11/24/2018
This is superb, very well done. Your narrative voice is consistent and convincing, and you capture Sam’s mannerisms with a great deal of sympathy, avoiding the pitfall of caricaturing him. Your exploration of Sam’s estimation of his worth in the fellowship feels highly realistic and it delves right into the heart of Tolkien’s great work, in which a hobbit gardener is the true hero and the power of friendship is greater than skill at arms. Your portrayal of Legolas is lovely as well, it’s interesting seeing him through Sam’s eyes: both how his elven nature makes him seem strange and unreadable, and also how he breaks through these barriers to prove to Sam that he really is just a fellow apple thief and that’s okay. A beautiful tale of baking and bonding, one of the best one-shots I’ve read. Hats off to you!
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 11/7/2018
This is incredibly cute, and you have captured Sam’s voice so perfectly.
jada951 chapter 1 . 8/27/2018
delightful! simply delightful. :)
ms.mary.mack chapter 1 . 6/29/2018
Adorable :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/18/2018
That‘s a wonderful Story. I love it.
summerartist chapter 1 . 4/3/2018
I grabbed by face with delight at that last line! I love the way you write. Everyone is so warm and cozy with each other in the fellowship. You write Tolkien friendships so well and the moods and settings are lovely. Also, I adore how you write Legolas as a down to earth (middle-earth) elf.
TheRedScreech chapter 1 . 3/31/2018
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH! This is so flippin' cute! I am near-squealing with glee!

I love your prose for this! Sam's inner thoughts, with the grammar and his emotions - and it's all wonderful! :D :D :D

But...what about the cobbler? Did Legolas like the cobbler? I'm picturing him tasting just a bit off his spoon, and his eyebrows shooting up in surprise at the beautiful combination of sweet and tart from honey, sugar, and apple. This is so homey and beautiful, and I adore it!

Instant favourite! Thank you for writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/26/2018
Beautiful, adorable, and true to the characters. Love it!
C chapter 1 . 5/16/2017
Amazing! This was recommended to me and I'm glad I followed up
fictionalfinesse chapter 1 . 1/20/2017
Doors he like the cobbler?
Andy the willow tree chapter 1 . 11/20/2016
This is so amazing. I really enjoyed reading, and that ending!

How do I use words to express what a masterpiece this is? I don't know how you wrote something so beautiful. I kind of feel amazed that something like this allowed me to read it.

And now I sound like a goon, oh dear...

Sorry for this mess of a review, I fear this story may have muddled my thoughts, but dang... It was Good!
Levade chapter 1 . 3/7/2016
Sam and Legolas. Of course this happened, just as you wrote it! It really would slot in nicely with Tolkien's story and it's wonderful gap-filler. Sam is perfectly a Hobbit and Legolas is harder to pin a description on but exactly what I would hope to find in a story that involves him (which rarely happens). This is going on my favorites with recommendations to others to come and read it. Really lovely!