Reviews for Rumour Mill
GMR chapter 13 . 8/17
I have enjoyed reading your story. I hope you have not given up on it.
GMR
Ettiennabutler chapter 13 . 5/31
Where is my chapters
Please let me know
LK chapter 13 . 5/11
Hello is anybody out there? This story is really awesome and seeing how long it has been since the last chapter was released makes me very sad... ): thanks for the chapters and keep up the good work (-)
monkeyindamiddle chapter 13 . 2/7
I love this. Everything is so well thought out. Please update! Pretty please...
SuperFireman151 chapter 6 . 1/21
If this was me i most likely would have killed my self
FlufflePuff252 chapter 13 . 12/31/2016
i love this story you said it yourself this story is not abandoned so please update.
TimeZone13 chapter 13 . 11/21/2016
This is a great story and you are a great writer and I'll be happily a waiting the next update
Lambinator chapter 13 . 9/7/2016
Such a shame that we're obviously not going to get a satisfying ending
Spy chapter 13 . 7/15/2016
Hey. This is a good and relatable story. It has been a while since you updated. Take your time but I do hope you can update soon. Thanks.
The Mishmosh Bird chapter 12 . 7/14/2016
About time things started going right for Danny. That bit about Star and Kwan seemed a tad random, but meh.

A small note about major plot twists, like this spell-spinning ghost you've got here. It would be best to throw in some hints and/or foreshadowing to cushion something like that. I'm pretty sure you have, I do vaguely recall something about a watching ghost or other, but that doesn't really cut it. Maybe I'm just being forgetful (I'm honestly very forgetful) but I feel that you should be more obvious with things like that. Actually, what would have been nice would be a POV from Sam earlier on. Something angry and blurry but with a subtle undertone of confusion would illustrate the concept of ghost influence very well.

Other than that, nothing to say really.

With much hope that you will soon update,
The Mishmosh Bird chapter 9 . 7/14/2016
I'm still kind of scared of speaking too soon, but I just have to repeat.

Cinderella much?

Seriously, there is no denying it.
And I always thought of Maddie Fenton as loving... You know what? It's about time I gave you the benefit of doubt as well. The justifications you gave Sam, Tucker and Valerie were all thought out, logical and satisfactory. You'll probably do one for Jack and Maddie Fenton soon anyway.

Keep writing, it's a good story and ... why am I still talking?

Look for my next review!
The Mishmosh Bird chapter 7 . 7/14/2016
Oh, looks like I spoke too soon. So Valerie /does/ know. Man, sorry about that. And... oh will you look at that, you haven't updated this in over a year ... probably won't be reading this.

Regardless, my other points still stand.
Extra thanks for reading this, then, if you did,
The Mishmosh Bird chapter 6 . 7/14/2016
Jeez, is he turning into Cinderella or what?

I'll admit, Danny-angst is a guilty pleasure, but it's better when it's well justified. I do appreciate the attempts you made to justify everything ... but it seems so inadequate. Yes, it's true Sam and Tucker have chosen Gregor in the past, but Sam only did that after Danny made it clear that he had been spying on her and her reasons where wholly justified. And Tucker didn't exactly leave, more decided that Sam needed his support more than Danny. The fact that both of them refused to even listen to Danny's side is astounding. Not to mention that they are both perfectly aware of how bad Danny is at lying. Whatever Valerie says, Danny quite clearly believed what he was saying and that should at least warrant a careful listen. And Valerie. My lord, Valerie. I ... simply don't see her actions, especially not against Danny Fenton. Maybe if you had her discover his secrete, it would be more ... in character.

I'm not saying I'm completely opposed to the direction you've taken this story. If it did, I wouldn't have read this far. I'm just trying to bring certain matters to your attention. For one, you should space things out a little more. First chapter, doubt. Second chapter, distance. Third chapter, avoidance. Fourth chapter, accusation. Fifth chapter, fall out. And so on. As I see it, you jumped straight to fall out and progressively deteriorated Danny's situation thus on. Something about that just seems too ... unreal.

What else? Ah ... Dash. My goodness, what in the world is wrong with Dash? And while we're on that topic, I'd have thought that ghosts would be able to hurt him worse than a high school bully. Forget holding back, being half-ghost ought to give Danny some form of resistance. Find an excuse, any excuse. Say that Danny's emotional state affects his powers, so he's being hurt more than usual. Say that Dash still has a sense of loyalty towards Valerie, so his unusually rough treatments are really born of a convoluted sense of revenge.

See, the thing about writing is, you need to keep your logic very tightly knit, or else the readers can easily dismiss everything as fiction and not care. This task is made infinitely harder by the fact that this /is/ fiction. Of course we have the freedom to write what we want, but we need to make sure that everything makes a certain amount of sense, creative license or no. If you really want to evoke emotion in the reader, if you really want them to care, ache and feel for the characters, the first step is logic. The second would be descriptive language, but that's a completely different ball game. In all fairness, your descriptive language is actually pretty good.

Forgive me for being so frank. I do appreciate the effort you've put into writing this story. And after everything's said and done, you can just ignore this. You're story is already well-loved, perhaps other readers would disagree with me.

Thanks for reading, and I'll be hanging around,
Hiatus-is-indefinite chapter 13 . 10/1/2015
Take your time sweetheart! We will be waiting with baited breath until the new chapter!
Justaghostking chapter 12 . 7/30/2015
I know it's been a while, but I really love this story & I hope that one day there will be an update for it no matter how long I have to wait