Reviews for nine2five 2,1 Snake in the Grass
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/11/2014
I get the pace you've set with this series. The idea that each story is an episode and whatnot. But I'd like to see some scenes get to breathe more. I thought Sarah knew Chuck was on his mom hunt? So why was she all "you're not supposed to be here" to him? Hell, she wasn't supposed to be in Russia. But if it had more room to breathe, you could expand upon their Russian reunion/rescue and maybe see how Sarah felt when she thought she heard Chuck get machinegunned to death.

I do like how you played with canon, thinking the bus would be their escape but then it moved and we saw the limo again. Fun stuff, that.
Molotov chapter 3 . 5/11/2014
Interesting. So like, Greta seduction field trials?
It's cute, Carina shacking up with the cop.
If I didn't know the show, I wouldn't know what Sarah and Casey were doing because you never told us! I think. Maybe I missed it.
Molotov chapter 2 . 5/11/2014
I like that, Sarah sexting Chuck.

Also. I like how you've really embraced the ensembleness of this series. Chuck is at it's center, yes, but everyone gets pretty even screen time.
Molotov chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
It would've been cool to learn what some of those dossiers Orion had were. I mean, other than Hydra.
resaw chapter 4 . 10/11/2013
Intriguing concluding line: "Nobody kills him but me." This is Mary speaking about her son, Chuck. I can see her saying that as a means of covering her relationship with him, but if she indeed fired her gun and killed Marco, since he was the only one hearing her, I'm not sure why she would say something misleading.

You know, I've watched the season 4 episodes multiple times, and I like your retelling of it. Coherence and logic were not virtues that the writers pursued with great success during this particular season, so I'm glad you are tackling this story. Often, for me, though, I feel like I could use a bit more narrative to anchor the dialogue in the context you are (re)imagining. In truth, I felt kind of lost when reading the paragraph that began, "Ellie, you're back!"

I am fascinated and look forward to reading how you are going to continue with this story. As you observe, we are right in the middle of the Chuck This S4 re-watch, so your timing is great. If you can make Mary B. a more coherent character, then you will have accomplished a great deal in my estimation. Thank you.
ygbsm chapter 4 . 10/9/2013
Well done version of this episode. Can't wait to see what you come up with next, and I'm really interested to see how Frost's character shakes out. I'm a bit confused at this point though, does Chuck have the 2.0 onboard permanently now or not. I've lost track with all the putting it in and taking it out. (OK, get out of the gutter everybody.)
Excellent work as per usual. Thanks for the stories.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 10/9/2013
I loved that Chuck was sent to Russia with Carina and found Sarah and Casey in a pickle. Please continue.
CaryR chapter 3 . 10/6/2013
Good story, enjoy your writing.
Thanks,
resaw chapter 3 . 10/5/2013
Sorry for the delay in reading/reviewing. I couldn't find the time to sit down and just enjoy it, until now.

Well, this first Greta has to be (or at least, sure seems to be) the first Greta of the TV series, as acted by Olivia Munn. OK, so Greta's coming on to Chuck at the behest of Roan Montgomery? What's his angle? Based on what Carina is saying, it sounds like it's that time of year when Roan puts his "Seduction" students' skills to the test. Have I got that right? Even if I haven't got it right, I like the way you are "adjusting" season 4. Next stop, Moscow?
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 10/4/2013
I loved the brief meeting between Sarah and Chuck. I loved how Frost is keeping an eye on him. I loved how Carina found the menu in the dumpster. I loved how Chuck figured out the menu once Morgan handed it to him. I loved how the Greta did not seduce Chuck. I loved the Roan cameo, Please continue.
wilf21 chapter 2 . 10/1/2013
I like the way you did their round the world trip. And how much better to travel it with Carina than with Morgan.
cristiancereseto chapter 2 . 9/30/2013
I really enjoy your takes on the episodes and these are no exception! you have a really unique and clever stlye, really funny and kind of criptic, where you have the reader searching for double meanings in everything , keep up the good work!
resaw chapter 2 . 9/30/2013
I like this. Ellie's involved and "conspiring" with Chuck. Chuck is working with Carina instead of Morgan; that's an interesting twist, but at least there is a real spy at work with Chuck, even though it is apparently leading to a misunderstanding on Mary's part.

I like how you squeezed in Yvonne's sexting for Chuck, too. Funny stuff.

A great chapter. I'm looking forward to a more coherent version of Season 4.

Thanks!
phnxgrl chapter 2 . 9/30/2013
I loved that Chuck is following his Father's footsteps with Carina as backup. Please continue.
tw200 chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
its fun I like it. The writing is particularly great. Ya so far the rabbit hole is the same to this point.. Where are you going to take us. Thanks