Reviews for The Black Wings
Ribery chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Erm, don't want to be rude, I believe many readers actually read this since 2002 and they really like the way it was. It's ok if you actually want to change it, it also is too if you can't find the time to finish this fic.

BUT you should at least keep the old version of this story, don't move it like this. People still want to see those old 6-7 chapters that managed to catch their interest. That's all we could ask you, the rest of this project is up to you.
Razyx chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
cmon bro

FINISH
EmpathicTempest chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
I was taken by surprise at how good this fanfic is. I'm usually skeptical about fanfics because they tend to deviate far from the actual lore, and ultimately becoming unconvincing. However, I'm in agony here because Capcom is busy twiddling their thumbs over when they're going to make another BoF game. It's been nearly 10 years since a new BoF game has been made and released. I'm aware of the re-releases of the older games, but I want something new. Because of this, I gave in and decided to google up BoF fanfics and hopefully have my craving for BoF satisfied. I can definitely see this fanfic as part of the Breath of Fire 2 (BoF 2) lore.

BoF 2 was, and still is my favorite of the series. From the start, I couldn't help but to instantly like the Ryu and Nina of BoF 2. I remember how I was completely drawn into the story of BoF 2 back when I played it on my Super Nintendo (snes). Ryu and Nina from this BoF have things to relate on. Both lost a sister. Both have always been fiercely protective of their sister. Both characters have torn relationships with their parents because of tragedy.

I can see Nina behaving like how you portrayed her in this fanfic. This Nina is a lot more reserved in personality compared to all her other incarnations. Well, except for BoF 5, but that's because the girl literally couldn't speak and was part of a cruel experimentation. Despite being reserved, BoF 2 Nina seemed to only open up to Ryu. Maybe it's because she admires and trusts, or even loves the man. The way how Capcom portrayed Nina and Ryu in BoF 2, it was damn obvious to anyone with common sense in spotting love, that these two definitely had feelings for each other; their feelings are more than a friendship thing. Nina's words to a sleeping Ryu in the sad ending is proof that she wants to be with the guy. Even in the happy ending, Nina revealed that she wants Ryu in her life. Furthermore, the Dragon Tear has shown Ryu that Nina obviously likes him... a lot.

My only gripe about this fanfic was how Ryu was portrayed. I can't see him being as opened about his feelings simply because he seemed more like a man of action. In other words, BoF 2 Ryu seemed like a man of few words, but when he spoke, his words have much depth and meaning behind it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Ryu is a man similar to Master Chief from Halo. Master Chief didn't speak much, but when he spoke, you knew what he meant. In fact, Master Chief's relationship with Cortana strongly reminded me of Ryu's relationship with Nina in BoF 2. The guy obviously cares deeply for the lady and would go out of his ways to ensure her safety and well being. However, his actions explained more to her about how he felt about her. Ryu's unselfish actions to shield Nina from harm were further shown in the other BoF games.

Anyways, good job on this fanfic. Gripes aside, I hope you will make another chapter to this. Since Capcom is afraid to let Ryu and Nina finally embrace and kiss, it's up to the fans to show this. These two are obviously meant for each other and it's painful to watch them being forced to have a romantic relationship hidden from public. When I say romance, I'm not talking about the cheese fest romance you see in Twilight and other sappy unrealistic romance stories. I'm talking about the kind of love that's hard to explain, but you know it's there between two characters; the "magic" that held these two characters' lives and destinies entwined. There's a reason Link and Zelda keep reincarnating themselves to find each other again. The same can be said about Ryu and Nina.
Vocarin chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Well, if you're planning on another chapter, then I don't need to worry too much about this being another BoF II angst-fest. Yet.

I like your writing style and word choice. It's creative, grim, and pleasantly dark. You have a knack for showing instead of telling, and the way you do it does a great job for setting the mood.

I'm interested to see where the story goes. I agree that Nina would probably come out changed after what happened to her sister, and I hope this doesn't become a soap opera where Ryu gets the shaft just once and gets distant or bitter.

So, anyway, I'm looking forward to the next chapter - hopefully the time interval decreases for this one :D

Vocarin
Sigbru chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Your story must be one of the best Breath of fire fanfictions of all time...

I hope someday you update it
CrissCrossedHaiku chapter 7 . 6/15/2007
I wish this was still being updated! I really like it and think it should continue... :D
Hybrid thing chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
_
Owaranai Destiny chapter 7 . 12/31/2003
This is a great piece of work and i have learned a bit more about writing from your story. Do keep it up cuz i would like to see more of this story or others in the future.
Guest chapter 7 . 6/21/2003
just wanted to ask... you're not gonna turn this into ryu/katt, right?
Zypher Evans chapter 7 . 5/6/2003
Sorry about not revwing this story, it's great!

By the way my story is complete and I have started a sequal.
Darth chapter 7 . 4/28/2003
update and I'll say it again better not turn into a Ryu and Katt romance a Ryu and Nina romance is ok
Darth chapter 7 . 4/27/2003
This better not end up being a fucken Ryu katt romance even a littlebit A Ryu Nina romance is ok
Smack54 chapter 7 . 4/27/2003
Alright an update! This is was a nice bit exploring Katt's realtionship with Ryu, the way you write it is just how I imagine it would be, good work. and of course, keep 'em coming.
Angelkitty1 chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
I really like this story. I haven't read it all yet...it's kind of hard for me to understand b/c i've just gotten into the 2nd game, but I really love your style of writing. I'll finish this eventually and I'm sure it will be great!
DuckieDannie chapter 7 . 4/24/2003
hey, great story! :D keep writing this is brilliant

!