Reviews for Of Adoration and Chaos
time.tot chapter 23 . 4/28
Oh my goodness, I accidentally sat down and read this is one sitting. I was absolutely glued to my computer screen for hours, and, quite frankly, I'm emotionally drained in the best way possible. Not gonna lie, I totally laughed out loud and felt legitimate distress and, well, okay, maybe I cried a bit (read as: cried like a frickin' baby for probably half an hour.).
Mate, I've reread this fic so many times, and every time, I'm in awe and fall more in love with your Dave Oswald. He's so understanding it makes me want to cry.
Oh damn it. I wasn't ready for that afterword. Oh hell. I'm crying. My heart hurts. It's hard to stop crying. Thanks a lot.
Pongo0614 chapter 23 . 12/27/2014
OMG this is so perfect. I am struggling to write this through the tears. It has taken me a couple of days but have been hooked since the first chapter. :D
JW54 chapter 23 . 11/20/2014
I'll be honest and say that it is really difficult for me to express my feelings of this story you've created and my gratitude for you sharing it, but I'll give it a go.

First of all, I have to commend you on your brilliant writing. The characterisation, the details in each chapter, the complexity to your writing, is of a high standard, rarely seen in both published and unpublished works. It reads beautifully and your hard work and dedication is evident throughout this and all your other stories.

But that isn't what makes this story so good, it's the world you've created and the message said throughout that has touched everyone who has read it. All the characters are so well written that they feel like real people, with complex and layered personalities that you can't help but support and love like your own family. I celebrated in their highs and mourned alongside them in their lows, and that's because from the start you were on their side. That's all down to you and your brilliant way with words. Each chapter was a lesson on how to live, to love, and how to cherish the people in our lives. It's a beautiful world you've created here, one I hope we all can experience just a fraction of at some point in our lives.

I'll have to stop here otherwise I won't be able to. I want to thank you for this story. It's been a wild ride. :)
bleuboxes chapter 23 . 9/21/2014
This was so wonderful!
Mystical Pen chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Awhhh, this is fun and nice to read. I wanna whack Cassandra upside the head, though. I love the children, the cutie pies. Although, I am now laughing because I went to read Heartlines before this one, and the first thing I said after reading the first part of this chapter was: "Twelve was totally right in Heartlines. Are you trying to build an army of children? Gosh." But this was great, I love Lottie. Keep up the great work, you'll probably hear from me again next chapter. I'm stalking all your stories.
UchihaHakura64 chapter 12 . 8/18/2014
I loved this chapter! Would you consider writing out what the Doctor told Tara for a Tara POV of this scene in Things We Always Were?
katierosefun chapter 23 . 8/12/2014
I cried a little at the end of this. :'(

Oh, this was just beautiful! Really - just beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I love how you made the Doctor and Clara's family in such a way that would fill everyone's heart with warmth and...*sighs*

This was just amazing. Awesome work. Bravo!
devilishlysas chapter 22 . 7/26/2014
Thank you for this Chapter (22), I didn't think I'd ever stop crying after the previous one but you actually made me laugh in this one... can't tell you how effected this story makes me. Thank you so much for writing it with such skill and insight.
dragonrider2345 chapter 23 . 7/10/2014
Oh my goodness, this story is so beautiful, and so sad at the same time! Words can't describe how I feel about this book, this is absolutely my favorite fanfic out there. You had me crying and laughing, and I can't tell you how sad I am to see this story end. The ending was fantastic, even if it did make me cry;). Amazing job
Guest chapter 23 . 5/26/2014
Wow. This is quite possibly the best fanfic I have ever read. Ever. It moved me to tears multiple times and I don't cry often. Truly incredible, thank you so so much for writing it.
DavidBuckley chapter 23 . 5/13/2014
So I don't normally write reviews, but I felt that so much of your time and care has gone into this fic that the least can do is offer my thoughts/feedback. I want to start off by gushing just a little, because this is easily one of, if not the best fanfiction I have ever read. The skill you display in your writing, character development is extraordinary, and so refreshing to see on a site where the majority of content is perhaps, lets just say less than perfect. You captured the hectic aspect of family life expertly, something that is definitely hard to do well. The story you have created is as beautiful as it is haunting, and that is something to be respected.

However, I feel that while gushing is nice to hear, I owe you some constructive feedback as well. No story is perfect, and it would do a disservice to the effort you put into the story not to address some of the smaller things that I think could be improved. One thing I am curious about is how much of this story is pure fiction, and how much is mined from your life. Your understanding of the different professions Clara and The Doctor move into is deep, and I would be interested to know how much of that is research and how much is experience. The relevance to real life will also effect some of the minor criticisms I have with the story. Firstly I want to get out the way are the few spelling and grammatical errors. They are impressively few and far between, and you mentioned the issue with you computer and the reliance on your phone, so it isn't a big complaint, and in fact its really more of a positive because there are so few. Most of my feedback is centred around two areas, the "ending" (The Lost and The Found) and the cut content.

I completely respect the decision to give these two a heartbreaking ending, its a bold move, but one that in many ways is necessary. It highlighted the love these two shared, and the importance of their memories. However, that whole chapter was extremely dark. I found as I read I didn't just feet sad, I felt depressed. It was a long slog of misery and despair, that while powerful, I feel perhaps went a little too far. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it felt like the desired intention was to show how they did everything in love, but for a story that was so optimistic about love, and so positive throughout, after reading that it made it hard to think about any of the other chapters without the same feeling of depression following, and I don't feel that is what you had intended. Of course, if the story is based on true events I completely understand the need for the ending as the way it was, but from a story telling perspective it felt a little out of touch with the rest of the chapters, and while I wouldn't actually change the events, I just felt the execution could have been slightly lighter in tone.

The other point I want to cover is the content you cut. I read all 11 chapters in your tumblr, and while It may seem to consider the cut content when talking about the fic, I wonder why some of the chapters didn't make it. Some of them weren't necessary, one birth was fine, and the chapter with Bristol was lovely to read, but not being included didn't hurt the story at all. However, I do feel that some of the chapters could have been easily included, and would have added to the story greatly. It confused me when reading "The Lost and The Found" who Poppy was, because as far as I can remember she wasn't mentioned once until then, and then not again. There seemed to be a huge age gap between The Doctor in that chapter at 65, and the oldest he ever seemed to be In the main story can't have been much older that 40, which seems a shame. We also never really see what happens with his career after quitting, which I felt could have had more addressing. I also enjoyed seeing more of his kids when they were older, which we missed out on in the main story. I understand why they were cut, and if you were growing tired of the story then I get you may have wanted to stop and finish before you got bored and lost interested, I just wish some of the cut stuff could have made it into the final story.

But these complaints are minor, I want to stress just how much I enjoyed reading this fic. It was a beautiful exploration if love and loss, and made me think deeply about what I want out of my life. Keep on writing, you truly have a gift. The story of Clara and The Doctor is over, but it was an incredible ride, full of ups and downs, and I enjoyed every word. Thank you for their story, in some ways its truly life changing.
Skyler-A-Teloiv chapter 23 . 3/11/2014
This story made me cry, and I'm smiling now as the tears blur my vision (thank goodness for typing classes).

I'm not typically one to stray from my OTP in any fandom, in this case, Ten/Rose, but I am sure glad I found your story. Typically, the characterizations are so contrived and the plots so simple that really any of the Doctors or Companions could have been in the story without problem.

Not so here. This is Eleven and Clara, no one else. The level of realism and love is amazing, and I'm welling up again because of it. I dont cry much for anything, much less fictional characters, so appreciate the compliment I'm giving you.

And kudos to the Doctor being a fan of Johnny Cash, another man with a great and terrible love.

You've written a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it.

L8r

SAT
Pacjr13 chapter 23 . 3/2/2014
this was beautiful. simply and utterly beautiful. That is all i can really say.