Reviews for Let Your Glory Fall
Peregrin Took the Falcon chapter 1 . 5/12
I really liked how you managed to work so much into sixteen words. Great poem!
Secret Santa chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
This is your Secret Santa review from the The Christmas Review Exchange at The Poetry Craze.

Disclaimer: I haven't read the Silmarillion, but I am familiar with The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Therefore, I am mostly fandom-blind.

I've heard it said that the best poetry condenses the most meaning into the fewest words. You've definitely done that here. Though I'm not familiar with the story, the image your poem creates for me is breathtaking. That the speaker calls his own hand "foul" intrigues me, and the "ribbons of seafoam" is simply beautiful.

The rhythm is nearly perfect iambic tetrameter, and flows smoothly. Very nicely done. :)
lydiamartins chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
i don't think that i've ever read a micro-poem before, but it's an interesting concept; i'm not too familiar with the book fandom of silmarillion, which is probably why i don't understand the deeper meaning behind the poem, but it's a very nice poem, (: there are some lovely descriptions in there, and i love how a concept is captured within only sixteen words while still keeping the descriptions, but only keeping the descriptions that are necessary without it becoming too verbose, and still being able to include some development. it's a very nice couplet, indeed - the scheme of it and the premises upon which the poem were created are very nice, and the word choice makes everything better because it's so detailed, and all of the words fit together like they were meant to be that way. my favorite words in here would have to be 'corrodes' which is a clever word choice, along with 'ribbons'. the imagery in those sixteen words is absolutely incredible, and overall, i absolutely loved this couplet! great job with it, (:

xx clara
Winged-Violoncelle chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
I'm going to try my best at reviewing some of the poems, since I did very much enjoy them.

This is almost Hemingway-esque. Your choice of words is amazing. "Corrodes". It must be the perfect word that describes Maglor the moment before he throws it into the sea. And it corrodes not just his hand, but his entire existence; your next line contributes to that very well. "Ribbons" seemed a little cheerful for me for the state that Maglor was in when he cast the jewel away, but it sure does creates stunning imagery.

Beautiful work!
WV
Edhla chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
In which Edhla sets out to demonstrate you can provide concrit on 16 words :-D

I don't think this needed to be any longer, certainly - a neat and well-constructed little couplet. "Circlet of silver" is an interesting bit of alliteration; it's been a very long time since I read the Sil so if (as I'm assuming) this is a direct reference to the Silmaril, I had never really thought of it in that way (and that's my being wrong!) Both words echo "Silmaril" itself, which is clever.

"Corrodes" was an interesting and again clever word choice; metal corrodes, providing imagery of Maglor's hands being one and the same as his weapons, especially poignant after the murdering rampage he and Maedhros had just been up to.

I like the contrast between the pain and implied burn of the first line and the cool melancholy of the second. Again, you have such a keen sense of alliteration with "seafoam spin", and "seafoam", from what I remember, seems to be a favourite word of Tolkien's :-)

SPaG is impeccable and the rhythm is absolutely spot on. Thank you for writing this.
Mornen chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
...that's heavy. It makes me think of the short poems we've been studying in class.
It's good in how blunt it is, and the rhyme is excellent.
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Whoa. *inscribes and proffers award for best diction ever* Your word choice here is so vivid and poignant, Celt! The specific images and themes each word conveys are so powerful; I've reread it several times, turning the words over in my mind. There are so many meanings to ponder!

Excellent work! :))
-Crackers
LornaWinters chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
Congrats on the 60,000 words!

Rather short poem, but still quite good!
Morgaur chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
That's rather short...yet if it's meant to be so, I am utterly in AWE of how much you managed to put into sixteen short words. You should try haiku.
The imagery is incredible.
PS: Great to see you're back!