Reviews for The Merging
slucas123 chapter 24 . 8h
Ahhh, for some reason I thought this story was completed. Devastating! Can't wait to read more. You have really made quite the AU. Very impressive work.
Squarekiddo chapter 24 . 21h
I dont want to be rude or "That guy" but your A/N here is rather... well lackluster, you said youve been working ony our chapters so you dont have to post 1 chapter per year you dont like that, but we are closing on on the 7th month since update.

Also you are asking what our predictions were, it thats not very logical, I mean theres plot points in the story that would have impacted SEVERELY on the story if you didnt just flat out ignore them, so how could we possibly predict things if you yourself ingnore some backstory? Like how Harry should have know there was a Horcrux at Grimauld place after encountering the Diadem? he had the same feeling there, but nope, nothing, isnt even mention as "Oh yeah I forgot" when they actually do go get the thing from Grimauld.
Dont get me wrong though, just cause im listing flaws dosnt mean I know found those, I loved this story, the alternate dimension was abit.. out there, but I did like the Rose scene, but I was really worried you would have him stay and ignore the thing you do best in this story in my opinion, thats Character development.
Sex with a minor? huh 15 isnt minor here where I live, and I honestly find it hard to believe that the Wizarding world even have a law about it, quite laughable actually.
I cant believe it, for someone that follows canon so closely you cut the Cho gets pissy and dumps him scene? the one I was looking forward to, Seriously I cant stand Cho, wish she would go up in smoke.
I wish there was some mentions on who youre going with, it has the romance tag, and I dislike both Cho and Ginny, Hermione aswell honestly, I just wish I knew if I was wasting my time reading something that as soon as he gets the balls to date, which we can see is coming fast, im going to dislike the rest of the story cause it will have so much of either of those 3 girls.
ShockingRevelations chapter 24 . 3/11
By far the best story I've read in a long time in terms of character development. All I hope is that you don't make him turn all angsty now that he's been given a timeframe in which he can kill Voldemort.
Aside from the character development of all the people, I enjoy how Harry interacts with the girls in his life, and how they don't all just fall for him left and right. Compared to how Rowling skirted around the issue of relationships, yours seem real. Props for that.
Otherwise, I hope you actually see this story through; what you've created so far deserves a proper ending.

Roadrat2292 chapter 20 . 3/2
This is a good story and is well written. Keep it up:-)
Shad0wReaper133 chapter 20 . 3/1
It's impossible to tell if you just missed spaces, or FFnet messed them up. Because the FFnet file uploader is pure garbage.
Shad0wReaper133 chapter 11 . 3/1
Snakes have venom. Not poison. Venom and Poison are Toxins, but they are different types of Toxins. You made this mistake in the chapter with Daphne and the Chamber as well.
Donnasfriend chapter 24 . 2/26
Hmm, friend told me about this story but I have waited her signal to when things stabilized. What I mean is a more consistent update schedule in addition to the romance line. She hinted about possible Tonks romance which I was REALLY hoping for but she wasn't sure. So I waited and waited. She told me Tonks was most likely put so I let it go. While there are other romances I could deal with I wasn't ready for this story.

Well she told me I might as well read it and see what I see. So I did, I am both glad and extremely sad. It is obvious to me at least that Tonks was the one for Harry.

Here is why I think so:
Tonks is the culmination of all the real females in his life. She pushes Harry to do his best like Hermione minus the obsessive nagging Hermione tends to do. She is fun loving and bright like Tracey but none of the dotty airhead behavior. She has the seriousness and tough personality of Daphne but without the coldness. She even has the whimsy and adventurousness that Luna shows without losing the plot. But she has something all those females lack. Tonks is mature and able to connect with Harry on that level and is able to protect herself fully without him to having to over worry.

In conclusion it is sad that Tonks is lost to him because no one can fill her role. Only a single aspect of her which is nothing even if she is gone and dead. In my opinion Harry would eventually realize that all the females around him fill only one aspect of her.

More sadness for poor Harry is he is coming to terms with how much he loved her. She cared for Harry but it seemed she didn't care as deeply for him. So even if the story took a different path would she have broke his heart anyway? I think the best thing is him dying now.

But that brings about the label for this story ; it should be angst not romance. Harry and no one finds romance in this story. He found and lost love but they had no romance. To her it seemed little more then a fling she DID regret no matter what she said.

On the flip side friend told me the action and adventure was top notch and it WAS! That part of the story was fantastic. It really keeps you on the edge of your seat. I knew Harry had to be dying but not why. The hows had me all over the map. I would think one way and something would happen and put it all on its head. Yet I could read back and see the hints. That is great writing when you can keep readers guessing without cheating by leaving out facts.

But, yes big but...slow updates for a wonderful story would have made it impossible to read unless going at it like I did late. Hopefully in time there is a conclusion. Personally I don't care much how the romance goes because Tonks is gone so will skip those parts but would love to know how things work out otherwise.

MedicusAestus chapter 24 . 2/24
Prediction :Harry dies. Either that or he gets his harem.
DarkMando chapter 24 . 2/20
Well, this turned slightly depressing yet has a hint of hope, I’m see it working out one of two ways, the sad way where he actually dies, and the happy way where he manages to live anyway, and I’m not entirely sure which one I want to see, regardless, the tone and weight of the story so far has balanced very well with the humor and interactions with the characters, hufflepuff’s portrait is hilarious.

I can’t way to see what’s next

MrZ1289 chapter 24 . 2/19