Reviews for The Merging
EternalRestOfPerpetualMotion chapter 24 . 2/17
I liked this story a lot. Right up until the point where Dumbledore suddenly went almost 180 and decided to cosplay evil!Dumbledore by conscripting Tonks into his moronic undercover op. Why did you had to do that? You were so good in making your Dumbledore tolerable. Still willing to read it, and will look forward for updates, but much less than I would've otherwise.
purrfus chapter 24 . 2/12
Powered through this over the weekend, and I've put it on the schedule to re-read because I know I missed things reading so fast. Really amazing read.
wilfredo.retamal chapter 24 . 2/11
I did NOT see that coming.
wilfredo.retamal chapter 20 . 2/11
You are such a tease when it comes to relationships, you know?

I'm guessing the main pairing will be Harry/Daphne, right?

Harry/Tonks is fun but I don't see a future there.

Tracey makes me sad. She's such a sweetheart in your fic. Get her a nice boy will you?

Harry/Hermione... If you won't make them a couple, at least those two need to get it out of their system. I know this is not "that" kind of story, but let them fuck lile rabbits at least once? Or even better, if anyone ever needed a fwb relationship it's those two. They are mature enough not to let a nice fuck ruin their friendship.

Harry/Luna work nice as siblings. She's adorable.

Harry/Narcisa. Kinky, but I can't see it.

Harry/Stella... Now that would be new!

Other than that, I have no idea where are you taking this fic. I like That. Can't wait to see chapter 25.
KordTheFirst chapter 2 . 2/10
Harry/Tonks calling it now
DeusTenebris chapter 1 . 2/10
DeusTenebris chapter 17 . 2/9
That was... unexpected to the max. Good chapter, although I hope you didn't introduce that all and get rid of them in the same chapter.
RHJunior chapter 6 . 2/9
Why does everyone dump on Ron so much for wishing he was rich? Of course he grumbled about it a lot- he was going to Hogwarts, "the finest wizarding school in Great Britain." Not the "only" school, note, but the FINEST... and to judge by Harry, Neville, Draco and Hermione (Two dentists, and dentists ain't exactly poor), one of the most expensive. He was going to school in wizarding Eton, and was surrounded by the sons and daughters of millionaires!

On top of that it's explicit that he's from a rather poor middle class family (seven kids, a father in a middling job in the government bureaucracy, living in a house rebuilt- and barely held together with magic- from an old PIG BARN...) Everything he owned was secondhand, ***even his wand.*** How many fanfics have you read where people pity "poor" Neville for having to use his father's wand, when Ron was sitting there using a hand-me-down that was already worn so bad the unicorn hair was sticking through... and he even spent his entire second school year working with a wand that was BROKEN?

Ron may have come across as ungracious for his complaining and fretting about being poor- but speaking as someone who grew up (and currently lives) as, shall we say, less-than-rich, I can state from experience: that's not just ingratitude or jealousy. More than a lot of it is simple WORRY, bordering on PANIC. When you're low income your life is wound up with money. Every day is filled with the background worry, wondering what's next to wear out, break down, or shut off. And the stress NEVER lets up. His family is punching above their weight class, trying to put all seven children through Hogwarts, and Ron has to know it. (hint: that's why he shovels food in. Ever sat down to a table with five older brothers? He probably spent most of his childhood having to eat fast or his brothers got it all.)

Ron also probably feels that he is the least deserving of the effort. All his brothers are prodigies, and Ginny is both the baby of the family and the only girl, while he seems on the surface to be dead set average- the least of all of them. He gives hints at that thinking throughout the series...Consider that in getting through the traps in first year, he sacrificed himself on the chessboard because he thought Harry and Hermione were the important ones. And he envies so much because he doesn't think he has any chance at all of becoming rich, or famous, or successful.

But then again, why do we assume it's all envy? Remember the World Quidditch Championship? He was delighted to get all that leprechaun gold- and immediately and happily paid Harry back for the spectrascopes and other things Harry had splurged. When he found out later that the gold was fake and disappeared, he was angry because he was humiliated. That's not envy, that's wounded pride. Again, speaking from life experience, there's nothing quite as proud as a poor person.. nothing is more humiliating than to be reminded, yet again, that you can't pay your own way- and nothing more frustrating than having a lucky break suddenly fall through.

Yes, Ron does fail to handle it with maturity... imagine that, a teenager being immature about being poor, and being the poorest kid in his class, and being mocked by his spoiled millionaire classmates. Yet this is the same kid who, first year on the Hogwarts express, gladly split his lunch with a stranger.

noxenrom chapter 6 . 2/6
Pussy Harry gets bullied into lots of shit. Is there any chance the little sissy is going to stand up for himself?
RHJunior chapter 3 . 2/4
Half-plus-seven rule: Half your age, plus seven. Tonks is breaking it- not to mention Harry is still UNDERAGE. Fifteen will get you twenty, kiddos.
RHJunior chapter 2 . 2/4
Can't imitate it? Ron managed to... he unlocked the Chamber when Harry wasn't there.
tonksfan94 chapter 24 . 2/4
Great going so the best hp fic I have ever read. Update soon!
NuageNubium chapter 24 . 2/2
This story feels so much like an actual adult version of Harry Potter. It has the same *magical* feeling as the original, which is impressive; it exploits the universe quite well, which is essential for a Fanfiction yet not as common as we think. You have no idea how happy I am at your Merlin/stella plot, though it is a bit underdeveloped.
I really enjoy what you've written, and it was definitely different from what I expected. Please write us some more. We desperately need it!
Faery66 chapter 24 . 2/1