Reviews for The Merging
tylermech66 chapter 17 . 1/14
welp, I somehow knew that fountain would be important in some way, seeing as it was mentioned instead of the cool lifestage bird thing.

And honestly, ifound myself surprisingly attached to potter's sister very quickly, damnit mans, you got skills!
tylermech66 chapter 16 . 1/14
you just had to sneak in the cliché "boys don't understand girls" didn't you!
I always twitch when that happens. most of my friends through my life have been females, so understanding them is fairly simple.

I don't know why I decided to comment on it, pet peeve guess "shrug"
tylermech66 chapter 14 . 1/14
... how does reading about someone having sex with a minor... trigger someone?! Arent triggers from extremely traumatic events in someones life? It wasn't like it was RAPE or anything!
...
bleh, wimps
tylermech66 chapter 12 . 1/14
well, I think the gate is more for show. it's the wards that actually protect the school :P

heck, maybe there are ruins of the wall buried in the forest, it sounds like something that would be abandoned to disuse after the wards got stronger with age :D
tylermech66 chapter 8 . 1/13
history lesson for sally! WOOT!
I wonder how he'll react to muggle advancements :P
Riona H.Goch chapter 22 . 1/12
Merlin's saggy left ball, I love this story! Just...I love it.

Can you imagine someone giggling, and grinning like crazy in the middle of a doctor's office? That was me today. I laugh with this, cried, yelled with, punched my bed several times, created freaking theories about this fanfic - indeed, I'm barmy. Found this yesterday and couldn't stop to review every chapter cuz I had to read the next.

The only think I absolutely loath in this is the fact that there isn't anymore of it. I hate this, actually.

So, congrats, you drived me to insanity and you will need to pay my stay at the asylum - so I can give you my credit card number but I can give you my bank account to you deposit money on it.*wink*

Ríona
tw33k chapter 1 . 1/11
Good story, you've made a believably powerful Harry and done an excellent job keeping Dumbledore in character. Also you have one of the best likable Snapes that still is mostly true to character, with any ooc moments easily explained by character development.

I honestly can't express how impressed with your writing of Dumbledore.
albert87 chapter 22 . 1/10
Wow amazijg story lots of events that I didn't expect.

I hope that you will update this story someday !
How do you feel Tracys got the type of personality Harry would like? Shes never been used in canon.
Comments chapter 17 . 1/8
To popecatapetal,

I can't object to you not liking it because that is opinion but I have comments on your statement it came from no where. We already know wizards are familiar and can manipulate time. The closest time line to Harry's without him being the choosen one would be Neville's. That is the split that changes everything. Since this author has changed how Harry finds out about the prophecy and what it entails they had to find a way to bring in that Neville could also have been part of the prophecy.

So this way it covers a problematic area and it bridges something JKR never tried to do. Which is Harry actually being a mature and a leader. This author has built a lot on the premise of Harry growing into the role of a leader and being more mature. This way Harry sees for himself what would have happened if it wasn't him in a very real way if Voldemort had instead targeted Neville. Would a mature Harry really want to force his life on anyone? Not even canon Harry was immature enough to have wanted this life for anyone but himself. If someone had to do it, he wanted it to be him. Also since Harry entered the timeline it has been cathartic for him and for Dumbledore.

He was able to deal with Dumbledore without directly dealing with him. He was able to be as open as he wanted to be and thus close the gap in there relationship so when it comes time he will be ready to face his Dumbledore. The other Dumbledore was able to face a chosen one who was not Neville and thus see the mistakes he was making. This no only helped Harry but it also helped Dumbledore who has to help Neville in this one.

Harry also helped Luna and Potter as well as the gang face things they weren't. He really was showing leadership skills unlike he had to before. Not only that he was amazing at it, you can feel his growth as a person.

I hope one day we really understand time but to me I think time , space and consciousness are all related very closely. I am sorry you didn't like the authors way to fix possible problems and continue with the building of the character she has been in Harry but can't please everyone. I for one think it was an inventive and creative way but then I am biased because I thought it was one of the best parts up till now. Please do not take this as a bash at your comment! It is anything but, I like your comment and it made me think deeper on it. I realized even more deeply how much I enjoyed that section of the story. So I thank you for that. I also as always thank the writer for this story. I check every day in hopes of updates and will continue to do so until a message comes up saying it is closed. I truly hope it gets updated one day because it is the best story I have read in the HP universe counting the original canon. Kudos to the author.
popecatapetal chapter 17 . 1/5
Quite enjoyable, up to the reality shift. It came out of the blue and while I don't object to alternate-version-Harry fics, that wasn't what I was here for. If you wanted to write about alternate universes you could have started a new fic rather than upending the one you had.
TheMoreSmutTheBetter chapter 2 . 1/4
I agree... I didn't care for Tonks being paired up with Remus either. It seemed to be too forced... kind of like her (Tonks) being a spoiled brat and not taking his NO seriously, and Molly bullied him into dating her.

Anyways, well done - keep up the good work.
:-)
TheMoreSmutTheBetter chapter 1 . 1/4
Good first chapter.
:-)
Pointless waste of time. In other words not a goddamn thing is going on. Super slow pace completely puts you to sleep. Incredibly boring story of a Harry that the summary claims merges with the Voldemort horcrux yet seems to have gained nothing from it and the fic is a bland retelling of canon events. Again, what the point?
DemonOnigiri chapter 22 . 1/1
Hello, thank you for your time with this fanfiction. I have greatly enjoyed reading all of the chapters so far and im excited for the next chapter.
2,704 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »