Reviews for The Merging
Miranda chapter 5 . 3/3
Although I'm enjoying the story, I'm really not a fan of how you're portraying Ron. I know he has his shortcomings, but in the end he is loyal and funny and I feel like you're really minimizing his character. I hope it improves as the story goes on and that he doesn't become just an "acquaintance" where Hermione is the best friend ever. There are plenty of fanfictions already like that and its not original anymore. Aside from that I like the story. Its just that Ron's character is bugging me now. I mean, this takes place fifth year and in fourth year, yeah Ron abandoned him at first, but he was ultimately the thing Harry would miss most.
Well, I don't mean to be harsh because otherwise its good. Clearly thought out, original concept, well written and entertaining.
SpitKill chapter 21 . 3/3
Interesting development, but i am ready for shit to get real again! Look forward to your update!
SpitKill chapter 14 . 3/2
Simply brilliant. No other words in the English language could describe the masterpiece you have crafted in the past two chapters. I am astonished.
SpitKill chapter 10 . 3/2
Seriously beyond brilliant!
Avalonemyst chapter 20 . 3/2
I actually enjoy your version more than JK's!
Avalonemyst chapter 19 . 3/2
I really enjoy your version of Harry! It's so nice to see him using his mind for once!
Avalonemyst chapter 18 . 3/2
Love this!
Avalonemyst chapter 17 . 3/2
I really enjoyed this chapter!
Biblio388 chapter 18 . 3/2
Cool. Having a good time reading this and will look into more in the future.
Avalonemyst chapter 4 . 3/2
It's so nice to read about a mature Harry!
Biblio388 chapter 17 . 3/2
This was a great chapter and idea. I don't know why people would have a problem with this because it did a lot of things for the character without getting out of hand. Like you said, it changed how he looked at things and gave him something to think about for the future. It did not end up with something ridiculous happening like gaining a whole new power or getting super training in a (relatively)short period of time. That is when things get out of hand and tend to drive me off but this added to the plot as well as giving the readers something to think about. Fully enjoyed the trip and look forward to what comes next.
old-crow chapter 20 . 3/2
Hi,

My thoughts are on Harry's trip to Azkaban. Since he was there, and apparently had a good plan, why didn't he get rid of all of the DEs? He has to have had a good reason to believe that they would all be broken loose in the near future, and it seems like a very loose end.

The attack on Diggory's speech felt like pretty shoddy prep on Scrimgeour/Bones' part. Was that intentional?

It will be interesting to see what your Dumbledore will be doing in the next year since a) he doesn't have a death curse on his arm and b) he's effectively already told Harry everything that was worth telling. So in summary, the diary and snake are destroyed, and Harry's scar, the diadem and the ring are cleansed. That seemingly only leaves the cup and the locket. We don't know if Harry now knows about the cup or not. Presumably, the locket is still at #12. Interesting.

Finally, I wanted to ask about the new Mark. There wasn't much detail given at the time, though it seemed to have a remote destruct feature that we might encounter in the not too distant future.

All the best,

O-C
Biblio388 chapter 16 . 3/2
Is the Fat Lady who I think she is or did I not stick the landing on that leap? Having a blast reading this story and looking forward to reading more.
Biblio388 chapter 13 . 3/1
Just a quick mention that both points you bring up in the bottom AN can be found in the story Fate's Gamble by Lupine Horror. You have differences in each point as you mentioned but they are overall touched upon very well there. Thinking at this point that this story is definitely at least up to the same level as that story.
Biblio388 chapter 12 . 3/1
Great chapter. Too late at night to leave a detailed review other than saying this is a great story.
2,283 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »