Reviews for The Merging
Best.
Harem(-tease).
Fic.
EVAR!

Please, keep up the fantastic (see what I did there) good work here!
Berlin chapter 20 . 11/21/2014
((This chapter took me, what, 50 minutes minimum, and I'm not a slow reader, quite the opposite actually. This chapter was so long, I forgot it was a chapter, and not 8 chapters or a book itself, and I like that. I was so absorbed in the story, I loved it, it's awesome, and it's ok if it takes ages to update as long as you update something worthwhile sometime.
Honestly, this is one of my favorite fanfics ever, and that's saying something. Siruisly, I love this story, and it did not suck. It was AWESOME!))
J3nt3 chapter 20 . 11/21/2014
I like it. Simple as that.
It's one of the few stories that I read on this site that are well thought of.
things that happen, happen for a reasen.
you get to know the people in the story on a level that gives the story its meaning.

I really hope you get to 2000, although I think you deverve much more.
I'll be waiting for your upload.
In meantime, I'll be reading your other stories.

Cheers
Rahwin chapter 20 . 11/19/2014
I found this story about a week ago and have had a really good time reading it, even forgot to sleep a night or two, ugh. A story that gives the feeling 'just one more page' until the sun comes up is the best kind, even if it's exhausting. :)
Mostly I just wanted to add a review to push you further toward 2k reviews, but only saying "Good read, want more." gives me a bad taste so I'll try to add something.

I feel that overall the quality of the story is top notch so I'm really just nitpicking and looking for an excuse to criticize. Spelling and grammar are at or above my level so I would not be able to add anything useful even if I wanted to.

When it comes to the drama, specifically the pairings I believe you're doing well. Most readers have a specific pair they want, even I, but I believe that any pairing is good as long as the story about it is good. I really enjoy the relationships that Harry have developed and that they're left somewhat ambiguous. I really enjoy romance a lot and I feel sad when a promising story just slaps people together as a matter of course and don't explore the interactions and development of a relationship, especially the dreaded 'Hamfist Soulbond'. (Btw I ship Daphne for this specific story, but as said, I know I will enjoy any of them if the quality stays solid. :P)
The same goes for most of the characterizations, you have managed to make them have depth and colour and that is really important. I really enjoy Dumbledore in this story. I usually don't care much for Snape (as a bad or good guy) but I think your portrayal is quite ok.

I think the action sequences and the exploration of the mechanics of magic have been interesting but my personal favorite are interactions between people and the exploration and development of their personalities and relationships. I really believe that you are quite strong as an author at doing just that, and you should play at that strength. The current level of technical exploration and action is good but personally I believe you should not make it a more prominent part.

I love camaraderie and romance, you write it really well and I hope that you will keep writing about it and even maybe focus more on it, my selfish little wish. :)

As an end note I want to give the advice not to strive to tie every red line you have during or at the end of the story. The main ones needs closure that is true, but an easy mistake is the drive to explain every twist and get every major/minor character married happily ever after. Going overboard with this really hurts the suspension of disbelief. An example is the Harry Potter books, a good story that leaves enough threads untied to make a rope to hang a man. (Maybe that's why the epilogue troubles so many? Too neat and forced, just a thought.)

Faved and subbed, looking forward to the next installment whenever you get to it.
Vukk chapter 11 . 11/19/2014
In your AN you said it would be to H.P., shouldn't it be to H.J.P. instead? And that prophecy wasn't about Harry, but Peter and the dark lord. Harry prior to the prophecy scene said Tom would always come after him, so the prophecy's only revelation is that it will be Harry who has to kill him.
Vukk chapter 10 . 11/19/2014
Arthor killing Nagini, does that mean he is #3 on Voldemort's list, or is Amelia/Suzan? And in Tom's rage of Nagini's death, how long does it take to notice there was interference?
mr-soren chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
Really enjoying this! Keep up the great work :)
itsallgone chapter 20 . 11/18/2014
Not sure if you have said this won't be a Harry/harem story or not, but you har done an outstanding job with the different relationships that Harry has in this story. Absolutely oustanding job. I am wondering if there will be a little insert of some Harry/narcissa since there are a few routes that could come about by that would be believable. Hope to see another chapter from you for this story. :)

The only thing I think I would change about the story is just how long the chapters have been. Not unbearable by any means, but it is hard to keep track of where you have read to if you're going throughout the day while reading. Getting bak to the place you stopped is also hard while reading on a phone. Aside from there, I have no complaints or major critiques for this story. You have done well and built a great plot so far it seems.

Thanks for writing! :D
SidJ chapter 14 . 11/18/2014
I love your progression of Harry and his relationship with Tonks. I can say she was always the most attractive girl to me personality wise in the HP world and out of all the HP/Tonks pairings I've read so far, yours is my favorite.

I also love how old Harry feels now. He has suffered immensely and I love seeing him grow from it like he does in your story. I hope he continues to start acting like someone shedding childhood!
Ahryielle chapter 20 . 11/18/2014
i'm so glad to see you've updated this! I really do love this story glad to have found it again.
Vukk chapter 7 . 11/18/2014
Umm, I don't recall reading anything about Tracie or Daphne in the books. I know Tracie was said to be a half blood, but other than that, nothing.
P3wter Dr4gon chapter 20 . 11/17/2014
Such a great story I ended up reading through the night because i could lost track of time.
blahblah1981 chapter 20 . 11/17/2014
Just *love* this story! The plot continues to develop nicely and smoothly, leaving me begging for more.. seriously, can't wait for the next chapter! The scene with Hermione was great as well as the developing relationship between Harry and Narcissa. The animagus tease better get resolved soon! ;)

Nitpicks: there were a few times when I was confused due to the use of "replied/said/answered the Gryffindor" in conversations with more than one Gryffindor.

While I really, really liked the Hermione scene with the hammock, I had to read it a few times to follow who was on top and what each person was doing.. for such an intimate scene where the position of the characters seemed to be important, it might have been a little clearer. Also, I'm guessing that they did in fact end up kissing, but it was hard to tell from what was written. Would have liked to have this expounded upon.

Anyway, anxiously awaiting the next installment! Really great story! Thanks!
JordanMathias chapter 20 . 11/17/2014
Entertaining in the extreme, and finally Lucius gets his. I do appreciate how it happened as well. I also am glad Narcissa is like a mother to Harry and not another lover. Juggling Daphne, Nym, and Hermione would be enough. I really think your Nym and Harry have the best connection but I also understand if you go with Daphne since she has the most growth. And this new thing with Hermione is hilariously perfect.
Sword'sfunPen'sbetter8P chapter 20 . 11/16/2014
I like it. Keep up the good work. :)
3,123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 71 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 91 .. Last Next »