Reviews for The Merging
AlsoKnownAsMatt chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
A very solid chapter though I thought the bit with Narcissa, particularly Re: Harry's angst over his childhood was a bit overdone. It made the chapter drag a little which is too bad because there is a lot of really good stuff after-including the meeting with Slughorn which you redo in a way that makes it just novel enough to work well. Thanks for your hard work on this, looking forward to the next installment whatever length it may achieve.
goddragonking chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
great chapter , Keep the good writing and hope for more updates soon and Really awesome story, can't wait to read more:)
Hecatonchir of Athena chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
Ah shit nigga, it's about to get real. It is my deepest and sincerest hope that you actually have Harry live with the curse for a while (or 'til his actual death). It would be a shame if Dumbledore, Snape and the Founders were able to just instantly cure it.
Executionerkain chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
Great chapter... Loved the stuff with Narcissa and the Slughorn meeting... Damn Cliffhanger...
Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 18 . 8/29/2014
Thanks for the update! It was a great conclusion to this part of the story. Your character development is refreshing because it is so much more nuanced and realistic than many of the fics out there. Keep up the great work!
Didicit Viator chapter 18 . 8/28/2014
Fantastic story! Just finished reading from the beginning and it's definitely up there with the best fics. Really interested in where you take this...
dinadan256 chapter 14 . 8/28/2014
While I generally like your story, after getting used to a very different Harry of course, I really think the Harry/Tonks thing is VERY disturbing in this context.

It's not so much the age difference. Where I'm from teenager from the age of 14 upwards can have sexual intercourse, even with adults. While there might be scrutiny, because an adult could easily trick a teenager into it, it is not instantly illegal.
No, to me it is about the circumstances. I won't go into the incredible speed at which their 'friendship' developed. First of all, they did not meet as equals. It wasn't two people meeting, befriending each other and deciding to go that extra step in a relationship. Tonks was supposed to look after and protect Harry. Harry started looked up to Tonks and asked her for advice. It was not dissimilar from a student/teacher relationship, albeit a very close one. This makes what happened a felony that usually ends with jail from 3 months to 5 years on it's own (Here where I live at least). On top of that, she got drunk with him beforehand, another mistake, because that can move the thing BACK into statutory rape.

I really wonder why you didn't just let Tonks be another Order member that Harry hits it off with. Not somebody that is primarily involved with his education, just a young adult that he befriends and talks with.
Oh, and making a person that was supposed to be extraodinarily talented and unique and make her more extraordinary and unique? That makes Tonks just worse in my opinion. As a character and as part of the story.
Kolarthecool chapter 18 . 8/27/2014
Really liked this story, keep up the good work. I was really looking forward to the students finding out about voldie, not to mention the girls reactions to harry running off to fight in the ministry, sucks that you skipped over it.
Slytherin Potter chapter 2 . 8/27/2014
Im enjoying this so freaking much i dont even know where to begin its just simply amazing and I cant wait to reach the end.
Guest chapter 18 . 8/26/2014
Awesome! Can't wait for more. This is without doubt one of the best Harry Potter stories ever written, and deserves to be flooded with recognition.
Guest chapter 17 . 8/26/2014
Fantastic chapter; I personally really liked the alternate reality, particularly the fact that it only lasted one chapter. You have a very good sense of the proper amount of space to spend on something: leaving your readers satisfied without getting bogged down in details or derailed by side-plots.
anon chapter 15 . 8/26/2014
Absolutely fantastic story so far; definitely one of my favorites.

The only thing we disagree on is your assessment of Ron; he's pretty damn far from being a 'good guy.' He's bigoted, lazy, ignorant, spiteful, jealous, and mean; you could almost take out the 'mudbloods' from Malfoy's sentences and give them to Ron, and you wouldn't notice the difference. He really is that mean to Hermione. Thankfully we don't have to deal with him much in your story, which is very much to its credit.

Keep up the great work!
The Reader and Writer chapter 18 . 8/24/2014
:D
Ugnep2000 chapter 18 . 8/24/2014
Amazing story so far! Can't wait for part 2! Keep up the great work.
WindSpriteLuxara chapter 18 . 8/24/2014
Your fic is really amazing!

I like fics with a Kick-Ass-Harry, not to mention there's plenty romance! (Even if Harry just can't seem to get a girlfriend, poor guy :( )

Reading about Nev being the BWL was...weird. The entire AU was.
First it was like "Wha, his mum's alive again? Maybe Lily exchanged their real bodies? (like in one of Radaslab's fic)
Then came the confusion, cuz why would the Order imprison Harry?
And then came the dread, because no matter if Harry ever went back, it would cause him a lot of heartbreak...its the reason I was so glad he couldn't/wouldn't stay that long.
I'm glad you imbued the AU though, because at least Harry got to know his not-parents (xD) for a short while.

Good that you redeemed Snape. You can only read so many fics with a bad Snape before it gets old.

Anyway, cheerio for now! :D