Reviews for Awake
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 4/16/2016
Of course Hermione is hiding something-isn't everybody? And won't Snape be delighted when he finds out what it is?

Meanwhile, he will probably try to be good about not waving his wand (either one) about when it would be...discourteous to do so.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 4/14/2016
Ah, the wonders of compound interest-it's not quite When the Sleeper Wakes level, which is just as well, since the Sleeper was the focus of considerable interest from people who didn't actually want him to wake up. But it's nice that it works in Snape's favor, and that the Ministry just didn't confiscate it all.

Something else woke up, too!
Guest chapter 19 . 4/13/2016
Still checking back on this little gem. Hope you choose to continue as your writing of these characters is amazing. Fantastic story!
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 4/7/2016
Mmmm...Malcolm is toast. He doesn't zing her, and it's pretty obvious that Snape does. I can think of a couple of good ways she can get a good night's sleep, bad me.

And Snape could have managed just as well if he'd had 20 years to do it in; he shouldn't minimize himself, the rest of Wizarding society has done that well enough over his lifetime. Still, Hermione has done a very good job indeed, and deserves the best of rewards.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 4/4/2016
It's all your fault that I ate some more of my dark chocolate Easter bunny...

Seriously, this is a lovely chapter that is obviously going to be banned from any Weight Watchers meetings. Yum, YUM!

Perhaps later on Snape will be up to chocolate-covered coffee beans.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 3/30/2016
Well, if the mediwitches ever knew him from Hogwarts, they would likely realize that his whinging was fairly perfunctory for him, heh.

And yes, twenty years has removed a lot of the pain of the past-a few muscle aches are nothing compared to losing the Endless Guilt of Lily.

I adore how he leaps into the potions text like a pack of hounds-and how Hermione keeps him from eyestrain despite himself. Snicker.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 3/26/2016
I'm really surprised that Ron waited so long to move on with Megan, myself-I thought he would already have several children halfway through Hogwarts by now. But I guess hope still sprang eternal, as much as Hermione hoped with Snape.

I do think Snape desperately needs to put together a life outside of Hogwarts, though-all the pain associated with the place is still fresh with him, and won't be gotten rid of with a few pats on the shoulder from Minerva-as far as his memory is concerned, she tried to kill him just yesterday. And he ought to have the life he always wanted, which is definitely not teaching.

But Hermione may have to bring out the Flit where Skeeter is concerned...
Guest chapter 13 . 3/22/2016
Evil, wicked Authoress-this is so perfect; so wonderfully fluffy, witty, and THE perfect dialogue between our two protagonists. It means I am slowly savoring it, instead of speadily readingly as fast as I can devour it-also meaning I am getting nothing done.

I see that this is not labeled 'completed.' My already wounded heart tells me I ought not to have broken my personal taboo against starting unfinished fics. 'Friendship Foul' indeed, Ms. Author Lady. Abandoning such a flavorful fic is more than just a micro-aggression against the fic-reading world.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 3/16/2016
"Recalled to life", I believe, from a chapter heading in A Tale of Two Cities. But at least he won't be going to 'a far far better rest than I have ever known"-he's headed towards life instead.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 3/16/2016
Kindnesses forgotten? Sadly, did not see any in canon, either book or movie, but I suppose there had to be *some* even though Rowling didn't want Snape to have anything without it being cruelly ripped away.

But yes, one can become bored even with horror.

He's ready.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 3/13/2016
Lovely beginning. It delights me to see Snape cherished by anyone, and glad that Wizarding Society is willing to...let Hermione do all the heavy lifting here.

But then, in twenty years people have forgotten the real Snape and see Snape the War Hero (rather like the Sainted Potters).

Still, did she provide any auditory support to keep his mind occupied? I suspect not; no wonder he's fading, it's amazing he's lasted this long.
Barton81 chapter 19 . 3/9/2016
'hoisted by his own petard'... nice to see Snape's delicious plan backfire. Healthy!Snape is refreshing, in a sea of PTSD Issues!Snape. Clever and logical to have him use the 20 years of inner focus to wrangle the logismoi through catharsis to photisis. I liked that he didn't get defensive after his outpouring. Will you finish the story? I hope so. thank you.
Barton81 chapter 10 . 3/9/2016
Ginny is a riot! good dialogue all 'round.
Guest chapter 19 . 1/9/2016
I wish this was finished I very much enjoyed how you portrayed Severus I hope that you one day decide to continue this
Avalonemyst chapter 19 . 11/28/2015