Reviews for The King's Son
CatBlueCamp chapter 10 . 6/11
I can't tell you how happy it made me seeing this update in my mailbox this afternoon. Thanks for picking it up again! 3 Owen is such a sweetheart XD

PS: The macarena bit made me laugh. o
chocolate23 chapter 10 . 6/7
Yes! I missed this! Thanks for updating!
Guest chapter 9 . 11/9/2015
Update, update, update, update, I know you read these, so you better update
Guest chapter 9 . 6/10/2015
I absolutely love your writing style! Please continue to write! Best fanfic I've ever read!
ShiroHana14 chapter 9 . 2/7/2015
Love this fanfiction, though I get the sinking feeling that it isn't updating anymore. Thanks for showing Owen some love! )
LadyMustard chapter 9 . 11/26/2014
I love reading your story! I always thought it was funny how close the Harvest King and Owen look alike, so it's cool reading it from the prospective that he's the Harvest King's son. Keep up the awesome work! )
Cotton Candy Mareep chapter 9 . 11/26/2014
So it looks like Ignis forgave Owen for asking about whether he loved Emily, seeing as how Owen has been visiting his father regularly for lessons on controlling himself. It still leaves me wondering about the relationship between Ignis and Emily, though how much of their story you choose to share in this fic is up to you, since the focus is on Owen’s relationship with his father.

On another note, Chloe is really cute, cooking dinner like that; I love the younger sister – older brother type relationship between her and Owen, even though they’re technically cousins.

Interesting chapter! And I don’t mind the short chapters much, personally, as long as there’s something going on. I don’t really know what the deal was with that bird, but you seem to have something in mind, so I’ll just have to wait for an update and find out!

- Cotton Candy Mareep
Cotton Candy Mareep chapter 8 . 11/24/2014
No need to apologize for the wait, I think everyone is going through the same deal on fanfiction, haha. And I'll definitely stick with your story, whenever you happen to update!

In regard to this chapter, I thought you did a great job writing the interaction between Owen and the Harvest King. You can really tell that Owen is his son, especially when it comes to their shared quick tempers. The Harvest King's bit about the alcohol was pretty funny, and the part about Owen's mother was very interesting, too. But, while very informative, this chapter exposed us to even more mysteries at the same time... So there are people after the Harvest King and his land? And why did the Harvest King react so drastically to Owen's question? All I can say is, I'm really hoping you'll delve deeper into these aspects in future chapters!

Nice chapter, I look forward to reading more! And Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

- Cotton Candy Mareep
Aerois chapter 7 . 7/22/2014
I was wrong.
When I first read this, I thought you were just another immature, angry fan girl looking to bash the rival for the sake of her chosen ship. And I thought this story would be another overly dramatic, badly written fic rife with cliches just like honestly most HM fics are. But knowing that you're willing to work with criticism, that you had an actual plan with "slutty Kathy", and that you're willing to apologize maturely about it, I can see that your story isn't like that at all. So now, it's my turn to apologize too. I'm sorry that I judged your story so harshly. I still stand by my belief that perhaps it was a bit much, but I was wrong to jump to conclusions.

I'm also pleasantly surprised to see you capture the character's personalities so well! Especially Owen and Ignis. I love Owen's air of disbelief, and I love how you aren't rushing his relationship with Ignis. I really can't wait to see more of this! Also, the ring and Owen's powers are both wonderful additions that make great logical sense as well. Everything is really impressive so far. Keep at it!
Cotton Candy Mareep chapter 7 . 7/20/2014
I can understand why Owen hasn’t talked to Molly in a while; he must still be embarrassed about what happened between him and Gill. Not that he cares about offending Gill, but he surely must have felt like a fool in front of Molly when it’s her boyfriend that he attacked (though I can’t blame him for doing so, when Gill provoked him like that). But I’m glad they finally got to talk in this chapter, and that Molly actually agrees with him! Even she can't deny that Gill was behaving like a jerk.

Also, I have a feeling that Owen not only doesn’t have the time or extra energy to make himself an upgraded hammer, but he also doesn’t even need one in the first place. Since he’s half god, his strength and skill might make him naturally much better at mining than the average person, if that makes sense. And I love how Owen would much rather forge a special hammer for Chloe as a gift to her than spend those materials on himself; it shows how much he cares for her.

Cotton Candy Mareep chapter 6 . 7/20/2014
Nice chapter! I liked the conversation between Owen and Ramsey, just because I like reading about family relationships. And as much as I feel bad for Owen and the temper he inherited from the Harvest King, I find Gill in this story to be pretty hilarious. He’s just such a huge conceited jerk, I have to laugh at him. I enjoy reading about the whole rivalry and resentment between him and Owen.

I like the story so far, and I applaud you for continuing to write despite the negative criticisms you’ve received and for acknowledging the issue. I agree that Kathy's characterization was a little over the top in the second chapter, but the story has definitely improved since then. And, after all, you also portray Gill in a very negative light, which I don't really have a problem with, as long as it's done realistically.

Cotton Candy Mareep chapter 5 . 6/13/2014
Wow… what an entrance, haha.

But seriously, I liked how the Harvest King introduced himself to Owen. It’s just as I would expect him to… and I also think you kept him very nicely in-character for the entire scene. The way he drops the fact that Owen is his son is so unemotional and matter-of-fact, without any hesitation, which was exactly how I would imagine him to reveal it. And I like how you mention how the Harvest King has no concept of time in regard to the lives of humans, since it makes sense with him being an immortal god and all, one who doesn’t seem to be directly involved in human affairs for the most part.

Also, I love the detail about Owen never getting burned, even when working at a hot forge nearly all his life. Fire resistance is an ability I would definitely expect from the son of Ignis, as well as the above average strength.

Nice job on this chapter!

Guest chapter 4 . 1/5/2014
Love it! Very well written, extremely intriguing, character depth and originality can't wait to read more :)
Cotton Candy Mareep chapter 4 . 12/14/2013
This was a good chapter! I thought all the preparation and activity for Chloe's birthday party was great, especially since I love the familial relationship between Owen and Chloe. Her reaction to his birthday gift was priceless.

I like the little shout out to Cam in Tale of Two Towns there. I like imagining most of the Harvest Moon games taking place in the same world, so that was a nice little thing to add in.

Haha, Gill’s gift to Chloe was rather hilarious. I actually don't mind his personality in this, he's still very proper and a bit cold to everyone. Though I hate how he treats Molly, she deserves better.

I don't blame Owen for getting angry at Gill, either, because Gill was being an insufferable hypocrite, and his smug little comments were uncalled for. But still, Owen must get his red-hot temper from the Harvest King.

Also, I have a bad feeling about the scarf Molly was wearing, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe it’s nothing. It's just a weird thing to mention out of the blue unless there's some deeper meaning behind it.

Anyway, nice chapter! And sorry it took me a little while to leave my review, I read the chapter earlier but didn't get chance to write anything about it. I liked this one a lot, and I can't wait to see what happens between Owen and the Harvest King!

RedMerchant chapter 4 . 12/9/2013
Oh, my :o

I agree with the other two reviewers that taking the low road with Kathy's flirtiness may not be the best. But, as they say, your story, your rules ;)

The story is a very interesting idea, though. I mean, it makes sense that Harvest King would be his father.
ThatmakesOwenademigodhehehehe.
Ah, Gill. I'm actually not criticizing for his cold attitude, because he is a jerk in the game. I could see him giving Chloe something like that just to spite Owen lolol and his attitude also makes sense because of the rivalry between him and Owen. Gill displays some possessive behavior in-game so it makes sense.

I'm assuming Owen will end up with Molly, which is totally adorable QwQ