Reviews for The Smart One
Feanariel chapter 1 . 4/26
This is probably the best Palo fic ever written :) I really like your version of his character.
Wow! I loved the way you portray Vader
WeylandCorp 4 chapter 1 . 1/23
Naboo was never industrialized
Other then that amazing
Leraiv Snape chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
Another exquisite piece. Your use of politics to comment on art and art on politics is thoughtful and provoking. You write the best of fanfic - stories that treat themes and characters in such a fashion that it's practically literature in it's own right, adding richness to the canon. Well done.
Nic chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Palo! You made him so interesting and so real. This was wonderful.
shieldmaiden19 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Did he destroy the sculpture/painting at the end?

It's not often that I hear the arts referenced so powerfully in ANY work of fiction, not just fanfics. Thank you :)
Takiki16 chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
An absolutely stunning and thoughtful piece, well-written. Your choice to portray Vader and Padme as seen from the eyes of an outsider is the perfect frame for the story; we get to infer so much from Vader's actions. I never thought that Vader would try to keep images of Padme and Naboo after his fall, or think of Palo - goodness,I had forgotten about him.

I have to say- thank you sooooooo much for not ruining this lovely fic with excessive sappy emotion. It's a very emotional piece, that's for certain, but you SHOW us rather than TELL us, and that makes it all the more interesting.
ShirouHokuto chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
What a gorgeous fic - amazingly written and painful. ;o; I love it.
Anemix chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
This was a sweet story, hinting at the relationship between Vader and Padme from an outside perspective. I liked it, and keep writing! By the way, are your stories spread out between sites? because I read a story by this name that I liked, but couldn't find it here on FFnet.

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
Princess613 chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
Truth survives all.
fieryhairedmaiden chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
I really loved this story! The interaction between Vader and Palo was great.

Please change to complete... thought there was more coming until i saw THE END.
Admiral Lily chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
That was . . . amazing. Seriously, wonderfully amazing. I've not read a Star Wars fic that good until now. You have a gift and I look forward to reading more of your work.

Thank you for sharing with us.
Vader's Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Very well done. The title is perfect.

A look into Padme and Anakin/Vader's relationship from the eyes of an outsider who doesn't know what truth he's seeing.

Palo deleting such a perfect picture was horrible. And I'm sure that he's baffled by his conversation with Vader.

VFA
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Excellent. Your intelligent subject matter is rivaled only by your deft turns of phrase ("two repetitions past irritation" was a particular favorite. Fan fiction rarely sees something as intellectual and just plain well-constructed as this tale. But nor does it bog one down with depth-Vader looking for art that reminds him of Padme is sure to draw in more casual readers.

If you don't mind nitpicky comments- I'd cut "He and Ganfré had escaped the general destruction of Theed and the violent purging of anti-Imperial factions that had happened three years after Palpatine rose to power, and the horrendous industrialization of the countryside that had begun then-the industrialization that had left it all but an arid wasteland and had always struck Palo as nothing more than wanton cruelty-but in a way he hadn't escaped at all." into a couple separate sentences so it's not such a run-on.

I think of Vader more as the "[won't] think anyone is brave who won't pick up a blaster...[not] as particularly subtle or given to intellectual protests." type, not the art-appreciating type, even though his pursuit of the picture of Padme is understandable. He is deep in regrets and memories (Padme, Tatooine)as you protray him here, and that's good because it points right to his redeption in RotJ.

Aw! So touching...and the painting was so momentary, like truths are in life...

This is a rare story.
Kelev chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Very good, though sad at the same time.