Reviews for Teeth of the Lab Rat
Piole chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Wow, really nice story. I feel Perces pain. Thanks for sharing!
Some Dude chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
A daring one-shot. I was tense the whole way. Man, the Quintessons are fun villians, even the nice ones among 'em!
Red Wasabi chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Wow, this story left me full of awe-abet confused, but awed just the same. What a wonderful peice of Art you have written.
Water-smurf chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
Okay, pretty much what I have to say has already been said. It was wonderful, and no matter what I can't seem to stop rereading it. The sheer creativity of it is astounding, and I love how you delved deep into my favorite character, (ie, Perceptor.) I also feel that what they did in Armada to him was depressing. (From a microscope to a dirt bike. How does that happen?) And the way you had us picture Illuminatus and Occludus was amazing. One question though, (okay, more than one but meph...) what did Perceptor mean in the end? I didn't quite get that. And wouldn't Logonomy try to get revenge on the autobots/Perceptor or something? Percy basically destroyed his life's work, and he can't find a way to recreate his experiment. I don't know about you, but if someone did that to me, I'd be pretty hacked off. (He was also very hacked off, but I just think a Quint would probably try to make it even in their eyes.) (Forgive my prodding, its just that I really want to see more of this. A girl can dream, can't she? . )
Hellsfirescythe chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
Wow. Just wow. This is one of the most amazing back-stories to a TF that I've ever read. Wow!

It makes sense. So much sense. That's where Perceptor got all his knowledge. That's why Perceptor's just a little on the loopy side when it comes to other beings. And an angry Perceptor? Whammo wow! Excuse my Warpath-ness, but this was just awesome, even more awesome that this was your first forey into the realm of Transformers as well. Oh I liked this quite a bit. The names Occludus and Illuminatis were quite a nice touch as well. You wrote them convincingly as two-sides of a coin, with Perceptor as the whole. I think you've officially made my day.

*floats off in bliss*
Crash chapter 1 . 9/22/2002
I saw Perceptor in Armada. It was bad. Not as bad as what happened to poor Cyclonus, but still pretty bad.

Loved the opening sequence. And pretty much everything up 'til the Quint boarded. The way you let the characters just bounce off each other... Truely a pleasure to read. And for your peace of mind, yes, the characterizations looked dead on. Even Springer.

The bulk of the story was pretty neat, too, and the ending fight sequence was clever. But the banter really carried the story! Well done and be proud!

**Wanders off picturing Perceptor in a mad scientist's castle.**
SSJ-Alhazred chapter 1 . 9/19/2002
This was great, and I'm not evena gen 1 fan. Love all the twists, the whole Illuminatus/Occludus thing, the poor Quint getting smacked on, Jazz loving his Operah ;) All of it rocked, a massivly enjoyable read.
Phoenix chapter 1 . 9/19/2002
A pretty amazing story, and extremely well-written as well. Two thumbs up!
Themis56 NSI chapter 1 . 9/17/2002
I have only three words to say.

I love you.

Okay, now this has got to be one of the best TF fics I have ever read. It concerns Perceptor, poor overlooked pushkin; the premise and plot is extremely original and innovative; the dialogue is sharp and veyr often witty.

I can't really think of any major critiques except that the dialogues between Occulodus and Illuminatus (great names, BTW, especially for Latin folks like me!) may go over the heads of most readers on . I myself am still young and existential theories are a bit beyond me yet, but I had enough grasp of what they were talking about to understand Perceptor's little identity crisis. :P

And as for characterization...Wow. Just, wow. I am not the absolute authority on Springer and Ultra Magnus, but I think you caught them perfectly, especially Springer's cynicism. (On a side note, I prefer the pairing of Arcee/Hot Rod, but ever sicne Roddy went Prime that relationship went down the john fast; S/A is still cannon in my view, though, so don't worry.)

And as for Jazz, heheh heh,..WONDERFUL. I love how you protrayed him; you got his mannerisms and way of speaking down perfectly. I especially loved the 'Quint-heckling' scene. It's so JAZZ! Ah, how I loved it. Too bad you gave him a face full of glass, though. :P How DARE you even think to injure my precioussss! :P

This is a great fic, though perhaps a bit too erudite for most people's tastes, though I can't say I speak for everyone. Maybe all TF fans are geniuses. Bravissma, PA. Bravissima. I can die a happy woman now that I have read this.

I hereby declare 'Teeth of the Lab Rat' JAZZ APPROVED! *stamp*