Reviews for Beast Wars: Basic Program
Guest chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
Best Beast Wars story ever!
Grumpy Old Snake chapter 4 . 12/2/2012
This has been quite an intriguing read so far, and I find the short history at the end of this chapter fascinating indeed. :D I will continue reading happily in a moment.

One comment, though, is that a few words have been substituted with similar looking words that mean something completely different. I only mention it because there is at least one that has been misused in the same way in multiple chapters now, and rather than being a simple typo honestly confused me as to what you meant the first few times I saw it. Lounged, which you have been using in combat scenes, means to lay about in lazy comfort. Lunged, however, means to throw or jerk yourself towards something. :)
Chaotic Symbolism chapter 15 . 5/30/2012
This has to be one of the best if not the best Beast Wars fic on the net. Good work!
Haystack chapter 14 . 3/28/2008
“What good is a leader who would destroy his own without reason or cause? I know the real Royalty, and that was not our Queen. I fought to free the Royalty from those crystals’ power. I fought to save him. Now the question is this; why did you aid the Maximals? Why did you fight the Royalty?”

0_o Wow...you gave Inferno more character development in those few lines then the poor ant got in the whole series. For that, I salute you. It's ironic that he's telling this to Scorpinok, the Pred who would have gladly killed him earlier. Inferno's words are also ironic considering how he himself died in "Nemisis". This is one of the best fics I've ever read (certainly the best fic in the Beast Wars category), and I salute you once again.

Haystack
Malcolm Merlyn chapter 14 . 1/25/2008
Basic Program has been on my favorites for a while but I don't know why I haven't gotten to reviewing this until now.

Several years ago, I stumbled upon this story and I was blown away with how you presented the world of Beast Wars. There was action, there was drama, there was intrigue, and there was a hint of romance. You sucked me into this series you've created and the fact that I still enjoy it after 5-6 years is really saying something.

On to the negatives first. There are a few spelling errors here and there, particularly with how you spelled Predacon as "Predicon." That's probably the biggest flaw I see. Otherwise, the grammar carries the story extremely well.

And for character development, you've really nailed all the Season 1 characters and what they're all about. Each and every one of them get their chance to shine, particularly Dinobot, Cheetor, Rhinox, Megatron, Optimus, and Terrorsaur. Dinobot is the fearsome warrior he always is and in my opinion, you've developed him the best for this story. You also show how savage of a badass he can be in battle and how it's not a good idea to screw with him.

Silverback was a very sympathetic character. Normally, I feel that the vast majority of BW stories suffer from the 'OC' syndrome. Most of them have these OCs that show up, take over the story, and upstage all the canon characters. It's a common theme to be sure and one that's particularly annoying to read. However, with the way you wrote Silverback, you really brought him to life and in the end, he left such an impression that you really felt he was part of the Beast Wars. Overall, Silverback was a genuinely realistic and tragic character.

But saving the best for last, the fight scenes you've written are just bone-crunching and brutal. Beast Wars has never been a show that's shied away from violence and in your series, you take it to the next evolutionary level. The way you've written them is fluid, well-choreographed, and satisfying. Dinobot, in particular, shines. He goes all-out against his opponents and leaves a trail of destruction behind him. Just seeing him pummel Megatron made me wince a few times. You've written spectacular action scenes that leave the reader satisfied.

There's more I could probably say but I'll end it here by saying that this is perhaps the best Beast Wars fanfiction series ever and it has truly struck a chord deep down. You've written a masterpiece for the ages and for that, you should be proud.
Domenic chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Nice to find an old favorite again, and to see it complete; favorite part: wonderful writing of Dinobot.
Tylec Asroc chapter 15 . 4/30/2006
Awesome characterization and an interesting look into Dinobot's motivations, and the comedy moments with Scorpinok and Waspinator were great fun.

Air Razor never struck me as having a very strong personality in the series; here she's certainly very casual against Dinobot's militant caution, and it seems like living in the organic world has left her a little slow to the finer points of advanced civilization - she's obviously not one for word games, and she takes everything at face value. Crushed particles of Energon crystal? Sand is sand; no need to fuss.

Seems like Spike will take over the chain of command for his tribe. Hmm, wasn't that the name of the kid from G1?

The obscurity of history is a major theme (explored through memory loss), but one moment that really struck me as living proof of Orwellian information tampering is Terrorsaur's explanation of the Axalon's mission. Besides dumping Protoform X, Optimus seems to think he's on a very noble-minded exploration for alien wildlife ala Star Trek. According to Terrorsaur, the Maximal Council treats Primal as a scout party for energy resources, and always intended for the Axalon to locate earth (at the present time period, of course). The motivation behind the golden disc-napping (erasing Cybertron's only earth coordinates) is certainly a different truth when told by Predacons.
Black Widow3 chapter 15 . 3/9/2003
Greetings Readers,

Recent personal and school related crap has postponed the unvailing of "Beast Wars; Remembrances" until the beginning of this summer, June 2003. I appologize for dangeling the proverbial carrot in all of your faces and then not delievering, but some things in life can not be accounted for. But don't worry, it will be up in June. THAT I can promise! Thanks for sticking with me!

~~ Black Widow
fett chapter 15 . 3/8/2003
This is a great story. I was wondering if you are still planning on writing the sequel or not?
Wicked Woman chapter 15 . 12/5/2002
Just making this an even 60. Plz hurry up with the sequel.

Wicked Woman
KittyChan chapter 14 . 10/23/2002
(wips tears from her eyes) This was so sad! Poor Silverback!

I can't wait until the next episode. Please hurry!
Albedo chapter 15 . 10/23/2002
Ohh... *on the edge of her seat* ...waiting for more..
Doom Star chapter 14 . 10/23/2002
Very good ending. I was waiting for someone else to write a sad ending. These authors are too perky!
Wicked Woman fanotv Doom Star chapter 15 . 10/23/2002
Fanotv: Great Preview, I'm interested.

DS(Doom Star): When is it gonna be on ? I'll read it.

WW: Is this about Rattrap mostly? Well, this was a damn good preview and I'm sure as hell gonna be putting it on my favorites list.

Wicked Woman/Doom Star(I hate putting my name on the bottom)/Fanotv

Plz continue with the sequel!
Black Widow3 chapter 14 . 10/22/2002
Sorry, everyone, but all good stories must end somewhere and this is where Basic Program ends.

But, since you've been so faithful, supportive and have written reviews for most, if not all, the chapters, here's a treat. The beginning of the next "episode", which happens two or three days after "Basic Program" ends (and is still in the creation process); Beast Wars: Remembrances.

Enjoy