Reviews for The Final Truth
sarajm chapter 8 . 11/30/2013
I loved this chapter. I'm sure glad Merlin chose to come back, though I had little doubt about that :). I also loved the descriptions of the magic returning to Merlin - I could really picture it.
April29Roses chapter 8 . 11/30/2013
Merlin is far more forgiving of Arthur's betrayal than the other way around! Their conversation is difficult and awkward, for two people who are so verbally gifted, that is! I love that reflection of their inner turmoil! Beautifully done!
I also loved the sequence where Arthur witnesses magic coming back into Merlin's body! The visual image was lovely, but even more so as Arthur recognized it as Merlin from the 'feel'. That was so in tune with their connection and with the desperation of the situation. I also liked how slowly Merlin recovered from this near death experience. It really underlines the terrible nature of Arthur's betrayal and Merlin's decision.
The inequalities of their social class, so glaringly obvious in this chapter, prove no impediment as they try to understand each other. Hunith's sad tale of desperation, really hit home with Arthur, especially since he already knows her and her kindness. And then to have that story linked to his identity as the Once and Future King! Wow! That was insightful!
I really look forward to the second half of this conversation. But I don't want the story to end! Now that's an original and stupendous cliff-hanger!
TN Sarah chapter 8 . 11/30/2013
Great update, can't wait for more
Felicity P chapter 8 . 11/30/2013
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee! best conversation ever! This was amazing, I loved it so much! *cuddles*
Katerina Riley chapter 8 . 11/30/2013
I was happy reading this...and then the ending came and I started tearing up. I couldn't imagine it being easy raising Merlin - poor Hunith! But then when Merlin said that last line... Oh my feels! I keep thinking about the Merlin finale when Merlin said those words and how Arthur and - gosh no! no more dying! Please :( I hope you update soon!
saroura92 chapter 8 . 11/30/2013
i hate when he say "i was born to serve you" i know it's in the show but i prefer "i was born to protect you" but apart from that i love it :)
GoldenFireFish chapter 8 . 11/30/2013
Awesome!
Moon Fox chapter 8 . 11/30/2013
very awesome! I loved the way you described his connection to the spirit world. It seemed very original compared to many other fics out there.
grayember13 chapter 7 . 11/25/2013
So good and sad and cannot wait for more!
Ddiwerth chapter 7 . 11/25/2013
Wow you can really get a sense of Arthur’s rising panic when he comes to; heightened by the fact he can hear or be heard and has no control over his body or what is done to it. Very pulse-racing! And the image of those two brown boots sticking out of the wreckage and not moving – nice stab of angst in the heart there.

Love the analogy and the imagery of the storm raging since Merlin’s magic burst out of him. So appropriate to describe the immense power contained within such a small and unassuming ‘package’. It’s a view of Merlin’s magic we never got to see in the show and a great way of showing the magnitude of Arthur’s sin, for separating the magic from its vessel; due to his insatiable curiosity.

Very nice to see though how remorseful Arthur is – how much he is suffering (and boy, does he deserve to!) for his mistake. I like the fact that his cold, hard thoughts – that Merlin needed to be removed from his side like a severed limb – so quickly induced nausea; that he’s grown enough in wisdom not to need to debate about it for days. Too right!

Yummy whump too – with the mention of Merlin’s dwindling health. I’m glad to see as well that Leon and Gwaine are on Merlin’s side; defending his loyalty (as if you could still question that, Arthur!...*shakes head at his naivety*).

Ooh that image of Merlin lying on the ground and looking at Arthur (after having been poisoned by him) reminded me of when Merlin did the same to Morgana (except that she didn’t continue to defend Merlin). Nice flip of the coin. Funny how only after the deed was done that Arthur questioned his motives for wanting to know Merlin’s secret...but so very true (obsessions do make us blind to reason). Funny how easily he slips into obsession again, even after seeing the terrible outcome of the last one, with his insistence on Merlin being covered in blue. Though I guess that the pressures of being King can easily have that kind of effect on Arthur. And I quite like the idea of him having a funny foible (like having to wear his lucky shirt to a battle, LOL).

Oh no poor Merlin! Unable to gain comfort from his lost loved ones, else he’ll end up joining them permanently. Not fair! I really loved the exchange between Merlin and Balinor. It was so like in 5:13, at the Crystal cave (and makes Merlin’s sacrifices all the more poignant, because he’s never had his father with him in life to give that sort of advice and comfort). I liked the scene as well of Arthur taking out his frustration on Merlin’s bed – LOL that’s so true to canon! So true as well that Anger seems to be the only emotion Arthur feel comfortable displaying (thanks to Uther...grrr!).

Aww the image of Arthur holding Merlin’s hand and crying over him *sob*. Beautiful. I am so looking forward to finding out what happens next (such a tough decision for poor Merlin too...) :O)
Katerina Riley chapter 7 . 11/24/2013
I don't understand how the truth potion stripped Merlin of his powers. Was it because he didn't eat anything before it? Great chapter though. Very melancholy and thoughtful. I loved what went through Arthur's mind.
FranceGamble-too chapter 7 . 11/23/2013
Aww! Update soon!
Guest chapter 7 . 11/23/2013
Very good.
Ernil i Pheriannath chapter 7 . 11/23/2013
Come back Merlin! Please come back! :'(
April29Roses chapter 7 . 11/23/2013
Ah..brilliant ending to this chapter. Balinor believes he already knows what Merlin will choose. It was clever, giving Merlin a chance to see Arthur's remorse after his unforgivable act. I loved it!
The opening scene where they are drugging Arthur was also very effective and I thought the image of Merlin's boots added that extra bit of pathos. Arthur explaining his unjustified poisoning of Merlin must have been soul shattering for Gaius, as when they first entered the room, any number of explanations would have been possible.
Now as to Merlin's decision...update soon! Please..grovel, grovel.
356 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »