Reviews for Translucent
LvSammy chapter 11 . 2/16
this is amazing and I so need more...please!
AncientGleek chapter 11 . 11/21/2014
Polls? i'm obviously coming into your ff world very, very late in the game, so to speak. I only learned about this story through a recent posting on Tumblr – and it's kind of a fluke that I even saw that because I'm on the road with limited Internet access. It's a good thing this has been a fast read because I probably won't be able to access it again for a couple of days.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you bring it to resolution in just a couple more chapters!
AncientGleek chapter 10 . 11/21/2014
Oops – my mistake – I thought Carol was already hospitalized from the last chapter.

I think the next chapter is the one you've written upon resuming the story. It'll be interesting to see how your mind and your writing might have changed.
AncientGleek chapter 9 . 11/21/2014
All these boys are so damaged, and they're still trying to take care of each other.

Blaine and I motel and Carol in the hospital – and no one from the school even having a clue. This always bothers me because I know from experience that kids go through so much that school staff often know nothing about.
AncientGleek chapter 8 . 11/21/2014
These boys go through such wide emotional swings!

I know your author's notes were written years ago, but I hope everything is going more smoothly for you now. Writing can be both a stress-inducer and a stress-reducer; I often wonder how authors can persist when "real" life can be so challenging.
AncientGleek chapter 7 . 11/21/2014
There's a part of me that wonders if Kurt's experience with Karofsky in this story might've left him too traumatized to explore his feelings for Blaine so quickly, but perhaps the teenage hormones and Kurt's need to have someone care about him would override the trauma?

Only a few more chapters to go before I join the ranks of other readers anxiously waiting for updates. Something tells me I should have resisted reading this and, instead, gone with your other works that are already complete. Too late now!
AncientGleek chapter 6 . 11/21/2014
AAAGHH! Kurt and Blaine are both so messed up in this story that I'm almost glad they keep getting interrupted...almost.

(Also, I hit a key wrong, and my previous review posted before I finished typing the word, "fragile.")
AncientGleek chapter 5 . 11/21/2014
Ok – The first words that come to my mind about what I thought aren't exactly polite ones. ;) You're obviously one of those writers who enjoys cliffhangers and driving your readers absolutely bonkers. :P

I'm just glad that Blaine has picked up on Kurt's distress and seems sensitive to what he's going through. It'll be interesting to see how you handle the sexual tension between the two when Kurt is obviously in such a fr place.
AncientGleek chapter 4 . 11/21/2014
Geezus! From the thrill of envisioning the duet to the horror of assault, all in one short chapter! What an emotional roller-coaster!

I'm glad I wasn't reading this as you were posting it chapter by chapter; I would have been crazed by now. Of course, knowing that it's a WIP that you're revisiting – and hopefully finishing – means that I'm probably in for some craziness anyway. Maybe I should stop reading before I get too caught up in it…? Oops – too late! :P
AncientGleek chapter 3 . 11/21/2014
Oh my! So many emotions! First, having to deal with the Karofsky situation, which was at least somewhat expected given canon, but then the unexpected wrench of losing Burt.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a very angst-driven story.

On a lighter note, I'm glad to see that you're still switching POVs so nicely. :)
AncientGleek chapter 2 . 11/21/2014
I see from your author's notes that you wrote this around the time of Cory's death. This tragic event affected so many people. I think it was especially challenging in some ways for authors because they had to decide whether to continue having Finn as an active part of their stories or whether to deal with his passing. I'm always impressed with how sensitively authors write. Obviously, since your story was already in progress, your path was pretty well set, but that doesn't change how difficult it must've been for you.

On a less emotional level, I like your ability to change POV so effectively. Chapter one was from Kurt's POV, and this chapter was from Blaine's. After reading a story that is written from only one POV, I often wish the author would go back and write it again from the other person's POV because, let's face it, both boys are such rich characters. I hope you're able to continue switching as the story progresses; it's gratifying to see into both their minds.
AncientGleek chapter 1 . 11/20/2014
Wow – I thought I had read almost all the badboy fic out there. I'm not quite sure how I missed your stories, but, based solely upon this first chapter, I'm very glad to have found this one! I'm really grateful when I stumble upon a fanfic in Tumblr and discover that one story leads to numerous others. :D
Sofia Michelle chapter 11 . 11/19/2014
YAY! Gosh I love all of your stories! glad you are finsihing this one!
the-power-of-love chapter 11 . 11/18/2014
wow way to go Blaine adn Kurt but does that mean that they are dating now?
boredFangirlramblings chapter 11 . 11/17/2014