Reviews for A King's Crossing
Guest chapter 3 . 11/11/2013
Wow, please write more. That's all I could say.
ItsaRandomUsername chapter 3 . 11/10/2013
"Witch of the forest with a redheaded protagonist." There's a reference I got! "Three kids on an island" escapes me, though.

Anyways, so with the release of this chapter motivations are flipflopped and ideals disillusioned, delivered with discussion aplenty on the matters of human purpose and the overwhelming oppressiveness of the Britannian regime. I'm shameless enough to pick the low hanging fruit and say that that's certainly one way for Jeremiah to go out with a bang. Zero's involvement, in turn, serves its purpose as a thickening agent to the plot, but how exactly remains to be seen. Consider me curious as to who our POV will be the next chapter, with the obvious choices being Zero or Suzaku, and to a lesser degree Nunally, Kallen, or Shirley. I can feel it in my bones that Shirley's going to be have a larger role, but again, how exactly remains to be seen.

At any rate, safe to say that Lulu has a major hate boner for Britannia now for sure.
TykkiMikk chapter 3 . 11/9/2013
I swear just for a Prologue this story keeps getting darker and darker
ItsaRandomUsername chapter 2 . 10/20/2013
It's taken me some time to pinpoint it exactly but I've finally figured out what the narration in King's Crossing reminds me of: a similarly voiced Lelouch in another Geass fanfic I read ages ago, Galton's Children. Since GC is one of my all time favorites fanfics this is certainly a good thing.

So yeah. This update boasted character relations and more setting details, as well as a healthy dose of genuinely witty humor (read: Lulu's sharp tongue, Alice's bouts of vulnerability). The stinger at the end seems to indicate that shit will most definitely go down in the next chapter, though how exactly remains to be seen. I can't ask for more, except maybe wonder out loud what else you've got in store.

References I spotted, but not sure if I caught them all: Dr. Irie and his clinic, a bar called Seventh Heaven.
TykkiMikk chapter 2 . 10/18/2013
wow this is one Dark Gruesome story...I like it and I like your humor too lol
Aerius chapter 2 . 10/18/2013
Not sure why you don't have more reviews. This is literally top ten percent material from the website. I actually haven't found any spelling mistakes, but there may be a few grammatical ones. Other than me telling you that I skimmed through it, I hope you continue this.

I have this thought for a moment that Shirley was Zero but then you wrote that she was surprised about the wound. So I'm stumped, I don't know who Zero is. Maybe it's Lelouch when he's hallucinating. Maybe Naoto? Speaking of the guy, you stated that he was fifteen years of age. And Shirley is sixteen years old. So, I'm assuming that Lelouch and Kallen are also sixteen.

Duke of Orange. Ha. Allows Japanese investments. Whoa. Completely different from his usual persona. Looks interesting though.

Kaguya being an assassin is something I've never seen done in this scale.

Also, you've mentioned that the chapters will get shorter from here on then. Please keep in mind that we'll written texts such as this need to be kept in long portions. I don't know, it's just a preference of mine. As long as you keep the quality consistent and upload in regular intervals, this story would progress very well.

I don't know what I was trying to say in the last paragraph. I guess I want to say "keep up the good work" or maybe something similar to it. Ad finem temporis.
TykkiMikk chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
LOL Oh I love this please please update this as soon as possible it's a fucking riot
BeautifullyChaotic49 chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
OMG-this is so cool! I thought that I'd never see the day Lelouch actually over powers Suzaku physically, or something like that, lol. Can't wait for the next part!
ItsaRandomUsername chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
You certainly weren't exaggerating when you said this one was going to be an AU. Nukes are definitely something that are not a thing in canon Geass. I could totally picture Lelouch going the way of the more-or-less gentlemen thief in a what-if story, but Zero being an entirely separate entity caught me off entirely guard. Needless to say this off the rails approach to a CG fanfic has left me with no idea as to where it is going to lead. Now I'm wondering what sort of other canon parallels/analogies you've got in store, as well as what the actual plot of the story is going to be (methinks that that artifact will at least serve as the catalyst for what is to come but y'never know).

It also helps that I'm digging your take on Lelouch's inner voice, particularly at the start. Very much melodramatic enough - IE in character - for how I imagine a Lelouch would narrate a story about himself.
39 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3