Reviews for Lily of the Valley
Smeagolia chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
"Something like jewel or silk, which he heard very little of in District Twelve." I think you meant to write District Eleven there. Other than that I didn't catch any other mistakes or grammar and spelling errors. Very good.

This story was really heartbreaking, not only because Thresh was dying, but because his love for his sister was so deep. I loved how you kept using the word "elegant" to describe her, and how she was compared to a tiger lily at the end.

We don't know very much about Thresh, which made this story even more amazing. You built up and then destroyed a character in a small amount of words, and that's not something everyone can do. From what you've written and what I already know about Thresh, I can tell that he's not the most affectionate person, but he does have a soft spot for the people he loves, especially his sister.

The descriptions in the story were lovely, though sometimes I was a little confused about what was real and what was a halucination. I guess it's only fitting, though, because that's how Thresh felt as well.

The last part, when Thresh's life ended, was absolutely heartbreaking and tragic. It was almost beautifully tragic. The last paragraph in particular ripped my heart to shreds. Bravo!

All in all, awesome story.
marblesharp chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Ugh, beautiful writing. The ending is so poetic and sad.
Thresh and his family were always interesting to me - I like what little yet poignant details about them you share here. Connecting his sister's dress with a nearby flower was clever and very effective in expressing his final thoughts.
Great work!
AprilLittle chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Well, I'm guessing that a couple of Brooke's prompts were definitely something along the lines of 'alone' and 'tigerlily', eh? XD The loneliness was a bit repetitive. . .we kind of felt that with Thresh's situation anyway; showing it instead of saying it so often would have been fantastic! That said, I really reallyliked the second half of the fic, in which he's remembering Columbine's elegant dress, and how Chaff tried to describe 'elegant' to him, and the last line! Oh my!

[Thresh died with a tiger lily pressed to his lips and blood dripping onto the flower. And the vibrations of his sister's name running through the petal.]

So beautiful!

One thing: in the paragraph with Thresh and Chaff talking about 'elegant', you mention Thresh being from District 12 instead of 11.