Reviews for Overcoming the Serpent
ooabaznogoo chapter 5 . 11/1/2013
I would have liked to see Hermione work through her issues a little more and have all the Weasley's there to help her. It was a good story, all in all, and I'm glad you were able to finish it. Consider a sequel?
Rose Davis chapter 5 . 10/30/2013
So she killed Draco's baby and Draco. Then she went back in time to change her future. I would have thought that it would have ended differently but ok. This was a good story and I enjoyed every chapter. Kind of sad that it has ended.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/21/2013
It is interesting he wants an heir so badly but he doesn't realize he can't beat the crap out of her while she is pregnant.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/21/2013
Like some of your other reviewers, I'm not one for abuse, or hurt/comfort type stories. Domestic abuse stories always rub me the wrong way...make me uncomfortable almost the way rape fics do.

I like your description of this fic as post-Dramione in the first chapter while not having Draco listed as a character. Very fitting. I don't really see Draco ever being this horrid, despite all the awful things he did in the books, but if I can ignore the OoC-ness of it, it's intriguing. I like how it seems like the flashbacks are moving closer and closer to the present day with every chapter and I think you're moving things along at a good pace. And I think showing most of the present stuff from the Weasleys or Harry's perspectives has kept things very mysterious.

However I admit I'm still very confused. The very first flashback has Hermione and Draco already together and has me confused whether Draco was always like this and just hid it, or if something changed. And why he wanted to marry her/stay married to her when he was so abusive and hateful.

But that's just curiosity on my part. I'm more interested in seeing where she goes from here, if she can actually get better, if she can find happiness, if Draco will come back into the picture somehow.

The muggle woman with the book was also sort of strange and a bit random. And I'm so confused about which character knows what. It seems like Mr Weasley, Mrs. Weasley, Harry and Ron all have secrets they aren't telling the others about Hermione.
Rose Davis chapter 4 . 10/21/2013
I really don't like that S.O.B. Next chapter please.
Winged-panther1 chapter 3 . 10/14/2013
Oh dear god this doesn't mean...oh man this is gonna make me cry next chapter isn't it
Rose Davis chapter 3 . 10/14/2013
You are a wonderful writer. You make me hate Draco even more with every chapter. Please post soon.
buttercup88 chapter 3 . 10/14/2013
Where is draco now
Guest chapter 2 . 10/9/2013
i dont like abuse stories but your story is exactly how i see dramione being. i never understood how people could romanticize draco when he was just a coward and would never be good to hermione. i love how real your story is. it's like the opposite of all those ridiculously fluff dramione fanfics. it's real.
ooabaznogoo chapter 2 . 10/9/2013
I initially avoided this story because I thought it was an abusive Ron story where Hermione runs to Draco. I hate that. There's no universe where Ron will turn into an abusive husband and hurt Hermione.

And though I can't ever imagine her marrying Draco in the first place, (hardcore Romione shipper, can you tell?) I prefer a story that brings Hermione home where she belongs. I can't wait to see how the Weasley's start to heal her and what nightmares are uncovered in regards to her time with Draco.
Rose Davis chapter 2 . 10/9/2013
Draco is a bastard. Why did poor Hermione put up with his shit.
Winged-panther1 chapter 2 . 10/9/2013
Wow you're breaking her hard man
Belieber Twihard chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
plz continue
Winged-panther1 chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Wow this looks like an interesting story and ita usually Ron in Draco's position and Draco in Ron's so kudos for making a cliche fresh and original