Reviews for The Silent Land
TessaH chapter 2 . 5/13/2019
Well written, very intriguing, and way way angsty, I do love how protective Adam is for Joe
Sabwashere chapter 1 . 10/19/2018
Oh ending is so heartwrenching.
Lynise Keller chapter 2 . 4/29/2018
Too sad! Great writing, but too, too sad, would have liked redemption somehow.
Adam's Gal chapter 2 . 10/7/2017
Wow! Emotionally draining and sad. Great writing.
Marla Fair chapter 2 . 9/8/2016
This was really chilling. Not happy with the ending, but still well written and quite a journey for the reader and Adam.
silver sven chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
I read a story like this before. When I was in school there was a book at the library and it was written in the same way. The protagonist dies at the end but he reports till the very ultimate final. It's such an affecting way to tell a story because at the end there is just silence.
Thank you for those lines.
Questfan chapter 2 . 6/30/2015
That is without a doubt, one of the most intense stories I have ever read. The epilogue added so much depth as we got a look into Adam's turmoil throughout it all, rather than just the assessment of his strength. I can totally understand why he ran and why he can't find any release. A powerful piece of writing.
Cristy W-S chapter 2 . 10/8/2013
This was brilliant!

I didn't know what to expect when I started reading this, but it really drew me in with its psychological overtones and before I knew it, I was hooked and simply couldn't stop reading it.

OMG! Talk about actions having consequences! As for Adam and Joe, you managed to take them to a whole other level that few writers can successfully do. You really nailed Adam in the epilogue, and it was tragic beyond belief to think of the pain and guilt he will live with for the rest of his life.

Thanks so much for posting this story! It was truly a walk on the dark side.
TSOSF site chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Amazing story written in such incredible detail. Dark as all get out - not sure if I can think of a subject more darker than you tackled - but the torture you so painstakingly describe was incredibly written. And Si's way of speaking is consistently written. Well done.

I imagine you might have debated on the epilogue and taking the path that you did. Part of me wishes that Pa and Hoss broke down the door just at the time the bullet left the gun and saved the day. But so many stories end that way. The letter at the end and the eternal anguish that Adam feels was beautifully captured.
BJ2 chapter 2 . 10/1/2013
Wow... that was intense! Great story, thank you.