Reviews for The Star and the Spartan
abraxas01 chapter 7 . 6/15
Ok, first, the word you were looking for was eidetic memory, which mean photgraphic. Second, the admiral would be a Rear Admiral, not rear-guard admiral of the fleet. Admiral of the Fleet or Fleet Admiral is an actual rank. It appears the UNSC ranking system was a combination of US and British commonwealth ranking systems. A Rear Admiral lower half is 1 star Rear Admiral upper half is 2 stars, Vice Admiral 3 stars and Admiral 4 stars. Fleet Admiral is 5 stars and only exists in a time of war. This is according to Halopedia.
abraxas01 chapter 3 . 6/14
ROFL, you said SPRANT. Not a word my friend, sprinted would correct. Also, in the previous chapter you talked about point of collision, I believe the term you were looking for was Point of Impact.
polarpwnage chapter 6 . 11/20/2014
Given how utterly OOC Cortana is being and how long John has served with her... Isn't it a bit obvious it's rampancy? Even if you excuse the fact that John is still exhausted and haven't gotten used his surroundings yet
jj12 chapter 19 . 10/22/2014
Okay didn't see that one coming.
jj12 chapter 6 . 10/22/2014
Damn I love Cortana
Composer777 chapter 15 . 10/12/2014
Haha! 117 followers.
I'll enjoy that whilst it lasts. XD
RagingCacti chapter 20 . 10/2/2014
You keep shitting on Boromir! Its painful! Hes got to be resentful of the rest of the Fellowship.
ColdFang chapter 26 . 9/28/2014
Very Nice Story. I have not yet seen this approach to Cortana yet. It is most unique and rather cool! I will admit that I rather disliked this last chapter though. Going to be following the sequel closely though. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
Just read ch.17 and I am just loving the Doctor Who reference about the water sorta like the episode "Waters of Mars" (if that is what it was if not sorry for the assumption) still cool
Dreadlord Sinister chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
The writing is good, but the characterization leaves me unable to get past chapter three. The LoR stuff is okay, but the Chief is simply atrocious. His physical abilities being toned down for the story is acceptable, but only if you tell us that it was an author decision and not blatant missrepresentation. Overall id say this could use a rewrite, but was likely a learning experience for you and was worth the time writing. Other than the Chiefs characterization this does appear to be a pretty good story and it saddens me I can't look past that.

Also the first three chapters have just a tad too many exclamation marks.
Victor chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Curious on who the Spartan is
I'm guessing it's happening a Orthanc
Will you continuing the sequel as well?
555814 chapter 26 . 7/20/2014
what the hell
Victor chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
I have just finished this story and I must ask do you have blood ties to JRR Tolkien and the makers of Halo?
I ask because you have one of the greatest writings on this site you know how weave the stories together and give a picture of what is happening and what the characters are feeling and seeing
I hope you continue your sequel for this, but don't rush good writing needs time to be done right
My last comments are 1-I think it was pretty awesome how you gave John a challenge at the end some writers don't do that and it gives to the story and keeps things relatively the same (especially with someone like John who can basically kill a cave troll by himself) 2-love how you saved Cortana and gave her a life out of being just an AI
Looking forward to more
efhb1994 chapter 26 . 6/19/2014
I've read through this entire story, I got one word to say. Brilliant.

You weave the words which makes them far from plain and shallow. You limit the fighting capabilities of Master Chief which is astounishing. Your fanfiction is in my perspective, all the praise and honours which can be given. I look forward to read the continuation of Master Chief's journey through Middle-Earth.
BbK2442 chapter 26 . 6/5/2014
Okay, this does not qualify as an epilogue. An epilogue is supposed to provide a satisfying conclusion while hinting at something greater in the works if there is a sequel. Just a "to be continued" does not count. I am disappointed.