Reviews for I Am Watchful I Am Necessary
Benthatguy chapter 9 . 11/9
Please update the story is great
talon2007 chapter 9 . 10/18
really good, sorry to see it end
BridgeBurn100 chapter 9 . 10/14
God dam that was great! Really wish you would come back to writing this and other stories!
Guesticles chapter 3 . 2/4
I thought Fusion Lances don't fire plasma? Or maybe some super compressed plasma that is actively undergoing nuclear fusion as it travels? The game portrays the Fusion Lance blasts as white, not green.
KingintheNorth chapter 9 . 10/4/2016
Please make more its really good. )
babultower chapter 8 . 5/24/2016
Loved the story. Its a shame that it seems to have died. Great writing, fast paced...its a shame we don't have 50 more chapter to read of it. :)

I will follow it in the hopes that you might post some buried manuscript continuing the Citadel spanking story!
Max chapter 9 . 5/6/2016
Salarian Strategic Thought: Hmm. We were completely fuxed militarily, but they unaccountably went away when asked to by the blue chicks, so let's send spies to steal and provoke the fearsome psychic aliens some more!

Turian thought: They have to be real tired of kicking our axes by now! Lets go get them while they're tired!

Batarian thought: Ha! They ran! They're afraid of our mighty Empire! Let's enslave them all! What's the worst that could happen?

Asari thought: OOooooo! Male Asari! Let's spend the next hundred years fuxing them into submission! (Asari being the only really strategic thinkers in the galaxy.)
Guest chapter 9 . 3/5/2016
As much as I like HFY, this crossover is a bit overdone imo, party because council races have been a space faring species for atleast 1000 years longer than us, and you brought the Shanxi battle before 2157 by 60 years.
The other is, to have a military build of of ships in the thousands for the humans and expanding far enough to colonize Shanxi and all before 2157, and then not only beating the Turians so badly in first contact, but going all the way to Pavlen after wiping out over half the Turian navy is a bit out of the suspension of disbelieve even for xcom.
I feel like pointing out to the "Peace dividend", guns vs butter theory, or Dwight D Eisenhower's "In his Chance for Peace speech". I'll paste a bit below:

"Dwight D Eisenhower's objections to the expansion and endless warfare of the military industrial complex. In his Chance for Peace speech, he referred to this very trade-off, giving specific examples:"

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

"The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people."

"This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron. ... Is there no other way the world may live?
— Speech to the American Society of Newspaper Editors "The Chance for Peace" (16 April 1953)"

I am basically saying humanity can either expand rapidly expand or build up a small force (in more or less peace time) in the time permitted before 2157 but before 2091, but being able to do both without starving every human nearly to death is just too out of line with whats possible for the respective xcom or mass effect abilities.

Onto the characters, I felt the Turians under reacted considering in ME cannon both humans and turians were quite bitter at odds with one another from just ME cannon First Contact, with this far greater loss and ontop of that next to no win for the turians would drive them insane and act much more violently (which was kinda negated somewhat by having the humans curbstomp them in a month and wipe out most of the turian military.)
I suppose this will drastically change not only first contact protocols but the entire turian society or hell Citadel races entire way of life and thinking and acting. The scars alone on the turians would be unfathomable.

All that criticism aside, I liked how a fanfic with xcom finally showed orbital strikes against Shanxi I always felt that that aspect helped color the humans view of Turians and council races(Cerberus,Terra Firma). I found the manuver by Adrian Victus to be pretty cool and hope to see more turians pull by with the skin of their teeth.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/5/2016
I hope its not an complete and utter curb stomp, I'd like to see them win even small victories against humans just to make it seem more like a battle than a unarmed hippy protest massacre.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/5/2016
I Hope they bombard Shanix like they did in ME so there will be a very long lasting grudge towards turians.
ExS-DrIfTeRr chapter 9 . 2/19/2016
Is this alive?
The Mexican Taco Overlord chapter 4 . 2/1/2016
I remember when EddBlackheart said this story would die soon, apparently it died soon :p
Goldspark1 chapter 9 . 1/10/2016
Thanks for providing information about the Council that looks over the X-com project. I was always curious how many members they had.

I like how the STG attempted to spy on humanity very similar to the scout ships in the game. And each ship I shot down was more technology to research. And later use as weapons. Even if the occupants deleted sensitive information, they still capture fully functional ships with the Salarians most elite equipment.

Speaking of research, how is Doctor Valhan doing with the Turians and Salarians that the X-com project captured?

I really like how famous THE COMMANDER is in this story. He isn't some person in charge of an agency. He is a legend in this story and I like that. I also like how the Council still watches over the X-com project. As too many mistakes will have the commanders head. I am also curious of what type of elite soldiers he commands. Like do they still have the PSI armor for their psychic?
Goldspark1 chapter 8 . 1/10/2016
That was awesome. Having the Counsel be the ones for the diplomacy was a nice tough. That voice was just awesome. Not knowing who said it but makes you feel like crap when he says "...Worthwhile". I did my best just to hear him say how impressed he was with the X-Com project.
Goldspark1 chapter 7 . 1/10/2016
I have not qualms about it being a timeline type story. The universe you have is still very interesting.