Reviews for Unsolicited Providence
Roxas fleur chapter 10 . 7/17
wow it'll be very funny if asuma later really fall in love with kurenai even after those bitch act
VanillaMilkshake18 chapter 15 . 7/16
Well technically, with the unwavering loyalty the shinobi have, they would all belong in Hufflepuff... hard workers, loyal, unafraid of toil and all that jazz.
sukondis chapter 19 . 6/2
this fic is so great, I hope you update soon!
NatNicole chapter 19 . 5/17
May I marry this gorgeous fic? Seriously, every word is pure GENIUS! I adore the characters' interactions & Kurenai's character developmnt!
Great story.
JimmyHall24 chapter 13 . 8/11/2016
Ah.. I so love it when female charatcers are weak and pathetic just like in canon.
JimmyHall24 chapter 12 . 8/11/2016
Nice job pissing on other people's hard work at the end there.
JimmyHall24 chapter 6 . 8/11/2016
I would love to see kurenai as a tank fighter and not just a genjutsu user
Rainy-Round chapter 19 . 7/24/2016
Looking forward to more
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 19 . 7/6/2016
Selflessly sacrifice my life in battle? No, I am not violence-inclined type. But I would do my best in chakra-control exercises, and become a medic-nin. Then, as I learn more about healing, I would prepare myself to use it in battle for striking the weak points. And I would do my best to increase chakra reserves as well, but chakra control would have higher priority.
It would be difficult to adjust to life in universe where everybody is out to kill me. But I am asocial as it is, I do not make friends easily. Surely, I can amiably help out, but only if nobody else is here to help out. And I will forget the person quite quickly (not getting attached). Does not bode well for remembering friends and enemies, though. But I have great memory for the books I read, and I enjoy reading. Would be book-ish medic, akin to Sakura I guess, only more blending-in (not pink hair, please), no Sasuke-fan-girl-ing, no pink-girl-y decorations; I look for functionality in everything, I am technology magpie. And yes, I like pretty gems, but constant colour is boring; colour changing with different temperature, humidity or whatever would be more interesting.
While the world is too violent, I still remember the musketeers' words: if the duels weren't here, how much more difficult would it be to call a flawed person to answer for the deeds done? Granted, I am not that strong... But that's what friends and allies are for: helping each other. While might is not right, only right side can survive in long-term, by adapting to ever-changing world, by being honest with allies, by not blinding themselves to reality.
I am not good at making friends, but I am better at making friends than at making enemies. After all, I do not speak out loudly without thinking, especially when there is a dangerous person who doesn't wish to attack me yet; no need to antagonise somebody who doesn't attack me yet. And I do help out people without requesting them to do something for me in return; that is potential opening for friendship.
Civilians do not necessarily get killed. First, they can refrain from travelling, and live instead inside cosy-and-safe hidden village. Second, they get evacuated asap when something happens. Third, they can be insanely paranoid (for example, if they happen to know that Kyuubi will destroy houses to ruins), and build a deep, underground place under their house. Then, when everything goes down, they just hide and survive under ruins. If they happen to build-in protection from smoke, suffocation, and fire... all the better. Maybe, even ask other civilians-neighbours to build underground places, too, if only for cool-freezer storage of products. Yes, that's the plan, if I go to Naruto-verse as civilian, especially before Kyuubi attack. Make underground refuge for civilians, and take sewage tunnels into account too (remember Naruto seeing them?). And remind friendly shinobi about this underground network, too. They shouldn't have to fight against fox and die when there is an escape route.
Yes, I like research&development. However, that's also a good position to help out, by making neat helpful trinkets for friends.
Don't plan, like a world-ruler. Just share info with people concerned and delegate.
Wars will happen, not because of individuals, but because of economics. All you can try, smoothing them over, and reducing conflicts before they boil over.
Nara is clever. And I wish you did not break down, though he was probably making KI or something so you couldn't not panic.
I am glad you think it to be fun, because Nara will think over your words, and compare the sounds against other languages.
Minori, stroke? Why? What can be done?
Doesn't Hinoiri know Jiraya-sama to be pervert? Why is she so reverent?
Kakashi and English is nice idea. Delegating different info to different people.
Kurenai, if you want to protect Kakashi, you may have to become shinobi.
I hope that Asuma will tell father about this blatant favouritism.
Blood-soaked tanto... Whose blood?
I hope that Gai isn't dead. Surely, Danzo wouldn't make this massacre without any visible goal or explanation?
Jiraiya, do direct Kurenai to a qualified psychologist.
You are fucked up, if only because you over-think everything. You should not walk alone, you should have trusted friends with you, you should find more of middle-ground between killing and being killed, you should learn more about incapacitating, genjutsu and poisons (not necessarily lethal ones).
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
Wednesday's Jest chapter 1 . 6/21/2016
I can dig the selfish approach to things, but I'm not sure I agree that the Naruto universe is a crapsack world. I mean the canon gives us empirical proof of the afterlife and reincarnation, multiple paths to functional immortality, numerous examples of non-human intelligence, FTL propagation of mass/energy/information, and the existence of extraterrestrial intelligent life.

Yeah there is a lot of war, death, child soldiers, etc., but you could get the same deal being reborn on Earth if you picked the right (or wrong) spot. It's not awesome, but there is a lot of potential there. Certainly the potential gain is far above what you'd find here.
Panda00100 chapter 1 . 5/25/2016
Damn. My (current) thoughts on death are the exact same as the OC in the beginning, along with whether or not hell, heaven or purgatory exists...I'll probably comment in a few more chapters. Interesting chapter by the way. ~Panda00100
Guest chapter 19 . 5/1/2016
Update! :)
Guest chapter 19 . 3/6/2016
Please update soon.. i kind of ship ocKurenai with Asuma now.
odinlowejr88 chapter 18 . 2/4/2016
I have no interest in reading stories where the MC makes a better damsel in distress than main character (or even sidekick) This story sucks.