Reviews for Roar
nataliastorm chapter 1 . 4/7
What does "BAMF" mean?
TrustMeItWasTheNargles chapter 2 . 4/3
I love fics like this and yours is one of the best!
Umbra Drachen chapter 1 . 3/28
He actually has hit belting out easily g over high c in the performance of boy next door for his nyada audition so yes entirely plausible
gandalf chapter 1 . 2/6
I'd like to say a word about that Discworld crossover you reviewed. It made the same basic mistake many Discworld crossovers make-Death is the death of people on THE DISCWORLD.
Thenchick chapter 2 . 8/3/2014
With your end authors note about Rachel, I agree. Ryan blotched what should have happened. When Rachel was suspended on top of choking on her audition,and sent Sunshine to a crackhouse that should have been the end of her NYADA career before it began. Plus unrealistic of them to give her fanny brice over ppl more qualified.
Kurt's Anatomy chapter 2 . 7/27/2014
This was too perfect.
IceQueenRia chapter 2 . 2/16/2014
You wrote Sue really well. She's insane, larger than life, completely ridiculous, but there's a heart in there. Not many people get to see it, but it is there and I think you captured that.
And why didn't Kurt include his time on the Cheerio's in his NYADA application? Did the writers just forget all about Cheerio!Kurt?
Also, the part about Holly being like an older more mature and less innocent Brittany was brilliant. I've never thought that way about those two characters before but now that you've mentioned it I really do see it. And I think Holly and David would have made a great Glee Coach double team thing.
Kurt playing the role of 'Puck' is just delightful. And I love the idea of Puck being Kurt's number one fan. He did get teary eyed watching Kurt perform a lot. Kurt/Sam, it could have been so beautiful. Although you know I love my PucKurt, it isn't really the most realistic pairing, but Kurt/Sam could have (should have) happened. And I love the idea of Sam having a girl middle name to match Kurt.
Oh 'Choke'. That also makes my list of 'things in Glee that annoyed me most'. Well, not the actual episode itself, but a few episodes after when Rachel gets accepted to NYADA after messing up her audition (getting to start again and then messing it up once more). Kurt nailed his audition and yet he doesn't make it. Bad writing there, really bad. Rachel is incredibly talented and if she'd given a flawless performance I could have accepted them both making it into NYADA. I could have even accepted neither of them getting into NYADA. But for Rachel to make it based on that audition and Kurt to not is just too ridiculous. Wouldn't have happened in real life.
IceQueenRia chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
The car scene was really badly handled on the actual show in my opinion. Well acted by Chris and Darren, but it was kind of dismissed as the serious issue it was so I'm pleased to see you have Kurt comment on it here. The whole car scene thing is definitely up there on my list of 'Glee things that have annoyed me most'.
It is great to read this version where Kurt stands up for himself rather than a Kurt just singing 'I have nothing' (although he sung it beautifully).
The Kurt/Chandler texting thing is a tricky situation. I wouldn't fully categorize it as cheating but as Rachel says in the episode, if Kurt isn't willing to show the texts to Blaine then its 'not that innocent'. But from the episode, all we actually know is that Chandler is sending Kurt flirty texts, we don't ever see Kurt respond with anything flirtatious and personally I don't think Kurt did reply with anything untoward. So really Kurt receiving texts from Chandler would be no different to somebody wolf-whistling at Blaine in the street. So with that outlook Kurt really isn't doing anything wrong and Blaine's reaction is over the top. Though I have to say I love the looks on everybody's faces during the performance, especially Santana's.
Gleeks reactions. For whatever reason I find it entertaining that Quinn just appears bored. Joe, Rory and Sugar being neutral makes sense, they don't really know either Kurt or Blaine well enough to pick sides so to speak. I love that Santana/Brittany are kind of fangirling over Kurt.
And I love that Kurt did that note and handed Azimios ass to him. And I love that Sue was hidden from view and saw things.
Rasean chapter 2 . 1/25/2014
I LOVED IT
wolfish-willow chapter 2 . 1/14/2014
Thank you for this wonderful story (and those awesome end notes). :D It's just put me in a great mood. BAMF!Kurt is one of my favorite things to see, and read, because come on. He's a total BAMF.

Love it!
Lovefremione chapter 2 . 1/9/2014
Per the end of your authors note, YES YESBYES, I AGREE, WHAT IN THE EVER FRIGGEN HELL THAT HAS BECOME GLEE WAS THAT! And how did the writers think that anybody would siit back and agree. Rachel stalked Carmen for goodness sake!

Loved the ending btw, Hevans is truly and epically endgame.
Lovefremione chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
I know Julie Andrews coukd hit an A6 in her youth, and may in fact still might be abke to get close if it wasn't for that unfortunate throat surgery that the apparent surgeon (read hacker) screwed up. I'm curious to whom you've cited. I agree with your assessment of Chris Colfer's range; can you imagine what that man could do with true classical training? Goose bumps just thinking about it. Makes me think of Charlotte Church (she may have been able to hit the A6 before her voice settled) singing duets with Josh Groban!

This is fantastic, and whilst I truly adore Darren Criss, Blaine Anderson needs a reality check. The Klaine proposal I totally loved though.
StrainAsylum chapter 2 . 1/3/2014
I would very much have loved this happening. Or Kurtbastian. And the chemistry of Kelliott is indisputable. However, back to s2...was is it RIB or Chord or the lack of chemistry (or a fear of a heterosexual male actually faced with "being" gay?). I would SO have loved Kurt to break out against the horrible public slut-shaming for the very reasons you list. Even back to Kurt's audition for the solo with the Warblers, when Blaine had him keep his hand stiffly down, to conform and blend in, when Blaine routinely bounces on furniture and brings attention to himself in every way?

I have a kitten sleeping on my stomach as I type this: adorable but oblivious. His name is Blaine. The name comes because he is such an attention whore (she sleeps inside my jacket or shirt or whatever), but actually needed to be taught how to use the kitty box. I've never seen a feline of any age that needed to be taught to use the litter box, with "good boy"s and rewards, like a dog...
ForTheLoveOfDarren chapter 2 . 1/2/2014
I can't begin to tell you how much I loved this. Badass Kurt telling them all how it is is something I always enjoy reading. Again, I loved it. Great stuff. :)
Mischievous Gleek chapter 2 . 12/30/2013
Yay! So happy that you continued this to show Kurt's happy ending! And completely believable that Coach Sue would definitely be able to pull off that stunt. I vote for your version of Glee! :)