Reviews for Wand, Knife and Silence
Fiction is the Truth chapter 7 . 8h
You are dropping Percy Jackson references everything. Please excuse my squealing.
ravenx1988 chapter 1 . 5/17
Dud! I love this!
automaton14 chapter 19 . 5/4
I feel like you forgot the last chapter. There was all that build up and now nothing. Without the confrontation, your story is about Daphne and her acceptance of Harry regardless of Harry's killing people trade.

I almost feel like finishing your story in this fashion was a disservice to you, your skill as a writer, and the story. The characters not explored, the war buildup, the abrupt ending and glossing over the conflict resolutionall of that just leaves a sour taste in the mouth of your audience, regardless of how good your writing is, your storytelling needs work.
ShadowMercWeb chapter 11 . 4/23
And done. Sick of the babbling, filler s**t.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 4/20
I beg your pardon for slipping into English teacher mode here, but you have a problem with THEN and THAN. You tend to use THEN when you should be using THAN.

Example from above: "... even you can't glare more fiercely then my mother." It should be "more fiercely THAN my mother." THAN is used to show comparisons. (She is taller than I am. I'd rather have eggs and potatoes than cereal and milk.)

THEN can be used to show sequence or order. (First, wipe down your work space. Then set out your tools and ingredients.) It can also be used to show consequences. (If you insist on cutting class, then you will have detention.) THEN can also be used to indicate time. (I missed the interview because I was at work then.)

Moving along ... I call Molly "Howler," too. I think it's a great name for her.

It looks as though the kids are all mingling nicely. I'm curious about the second task. Won't it cause problems for Carol, as well? Veela are creatures of fire and air, not water. And aren't they enemies of the Merpeople? I'm wondering if Blaise will be Harry's hostage or if it will actually be Daphne. That might be better, as it would leave Blaise able to help Harry if he got into trouble. It's too bad someone with common sense wasn't on the planning committee for the tasks.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 4/19
I'm glad Amelia seems to be supported by the Zabinis. It's probably her only hope of surviving after Voldemort's most recent orders. I only hope she does survive, because Sirius needs to be set free, and she seems to be the only one in the Ministry who is capable of thinking logically. Here's hoping she becomes Minister. Then she can push some necessary funds to the Aurors and also change some of their orders to allow them to get the upper hand over the DEs in any run-ins.

Harry seems at least willing to consider that there may be Death Nibblers in all four houses. I wonder if Snape would be willing to help Harry and Blaise with the Nibblers, as he doesn't seem impressed by Dumbledore's methods of "soul saving." Along that line ...

"If I had to name one problem I had with the Order of the Phoenix, it's that we never see them do anything other than react. We never see them save anyone or do anything offensive. It's like they're just waiting for Harry to do something ..."

The weirdest part about that (in the books, at least) is that no one bothered to train him. Even worse, the Defense teachers, save Remus, had been even more worthless than usual the years Harry was at Hogwarts. It's as though Dumbledore wanted to make absolutely certain Harry could not hold his own against Dumbledore. This - coupled with Dumbledore not allowing Order members to fight force with equal force - was decimating the Light forces ... just as in the first war. Only there is no Lily Potter to step into the breach this time. Everyone expects Harry to make the sacrifice. *sigh*
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 4/19
"... with decades of anmisty, prejudice and bitter rivalry having been built up." I don't think ANMISTY is a word. AMNESTY is similar to an official pardon for some offense. I think you are looking for either ENMITY or ANIMUS, both of which mean hostility.

I've read Blaise/Ginny before, but they have tended to be adulterous relationships with one or the other married. Blaise is usually smart, so a relationship where he and Ginny are on an equal footing might be good. Harry/Daphne is a favorite pairing.

I tend to feel Carol and Dmitri have the measure of Ron, unless he has matured significantly without Harry. What you've shown of him doesn't make this seem likely.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 4/19
I'm rather surprised to find Ron a champion. He seems far too lazy and bigoted (though I guess bigotry wouldn't disqualify him) to be a champion. If he's the best Hogwarts has to offer, either he's WAY, WAY out of character, or I fear he has tricked the Goblet.

Ginny is not my favorite love interest for Harry. However, if the rest of the story is good, and her character is more fully developed than the fan girl the books give us, I'll suspend my disbelief and come along for the ride.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 4/19
"Welcome Harry the Assassin."

I suppose I should be shocked, but I'm not. Two of my favorite stories (Yanagi-wa's "893" and Clell65619's "Harry Potter and the Sun Souce") each feature a Harry who is a skilled assassin. Both stories are fun, so I'm expecting yours to be, as well. The fact that he is smirking rather than panicking bodes well for Dumbledore to receive a lot of trouble ... I hope.
chyaraskiss chapter 3 . 4/19
I have to admit that I really dislike how Hermione is being used and tossed aside so far in this fic. Like Mudbloods are meant for one thing, then off to the Pureblood girl.
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 19 . 3/7
This was a great story, though I would have liked to read about the dragon tearing Voldemort a new one.
AerynS chapter 3 . 2/2
To answer Hapne please!
stylo1 chapter 1 . 1/30
yeah there is jusf one little problem, without harry singing the paper he could not be enterd seeing as he vanished nobody could have stolen it. and yeah ofc harrys age is wrong
A-Ravenclaw-Demigoddess chapter 19 . 1/17
i liked the story a lot, the ending was a little rushed, but the story was very entertaining and the plot was original and well thought out, i liked it a lot!
Grand Moff Potter chapter 1 . 1/14
Great story leading up to the last chapter.. the ending felt incredibly abrupt, and many interesting plot arcs went unfinished. Specifically, the tournament.. the contestants are magically bound to compete, so how come they were just whisked off to Italy? Those my only complaints, I really enjoyed this story
1,218 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »