Reviews for Parallel Play
aussiecate chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Still catching up! An interesting take, I hadn't thought that Kate could possibly have had the antidote. Adds a whole new layer of guilt and darkness to this post ep story.
A nice touch acknowledging the aftermath of the encounter with Parker (things like that aren't acknowledged enough on the show IMO) plus McCord and the eyeliner.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
And after the last episode, McCord is the crush that just broke Beckett's heart. I honestly figured it would be at least another episode or two before Kate quit or made a call that her bosses couldn't accept politically, but three episodes in works...due have to wonder about Gates giving Kate her job back.

;P

Beautiful scene, beautiful imagery...beautiful feelings! You are the best at what you do, chezchuckles :D
licensedtobuild chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
I'm just gonna sit here and quietly sob to myself alone in my apartment... why are you so talented?
ER-Freaky chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
loved it
sillylissy chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
love me some teary "hey babe"
3rdfah chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
"The smile is back, dipped in grief. . . " You've done it again. You found a poetic yet descriptive way to say something simple. Then all those details that follow: the blown veins, the non-responsive remark, and most importantly, the horror of, " she had the shot but didn't know how to use it." Loved the sweet exchange between Kate and Martha about coffee was perfect, too.
Tulips77720 chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
you know, us fanfiction readers are truly blessed that we get to read your words... I can't think of a single praise that would do you justice... I've always known you are awesome and you never cease to be so... you have a way with words that even the most elite and published writers lack... the way you write, it enriches the soul of every reader... you sure do make my day every time I read your work... they always make me feel warm inside... never stop writing, cause you paint the world beautiful with your work... love you lots and respect your words even more... thank you for writing and sharing them with us... Tulip... :)
keystothecastle chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Ah. The feels. The quiet, lovely, painful feels. You are masterful.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
nice another story from you this is exciting but hope does not give a back sit to the dash story
Dana1027 chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Loves it!
fbobs chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Thanks for that. I needed to see Kate grieving. Well done.
FoxSparrow33 chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Just beautiful. Elegantly done.
Copop chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
McCord is really likeable :) The never-ending handshake amuses me to no end - still

But yeah - the shot in her dream is surely not the antidote. It's the whole DC thing. And yeah, she doesn't know what she's doing - especially with there being a gray zone, which, let's be honest, Kate can't handle and accept.

Liked this one :)
muppet47 chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
I can't log innnnnn. Blah.

BUT THIS IS SO GOOD.

The whole bit about having the shot and not being able use it, guh, and they way she's kind of punishing herself with the stool, with not being allowed to cry. And thiiissssss

"she crawled up after him feeling like ice water lived under her skin. Grief rushing in to swallow her. A live thing with eating mouths, chewing her inside out."

Great, visceral description. Love.
southerngirl1 chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Really beautifully written capturing Kate's emotions...