Reviews for Mass Effect - Future Imperfect
CelticGrace chapter 52 . 10/15/2020
the weasel trying to find a way to make himself the hero - there has never been a more perfect description of Donnel Udina than this right here
surprised he didn't burst into flames, uttering the words "good work" lmao

Kal'Reager 3

oh that's one hell of any interesting twist, Ash spying on Cerberus.

Urdnot Wrex, a spikey teddy bear in every universe _

And then... the scene with papa Vakarian. I just absolutely adore the way you write turians, but he might be my favorite so far (over Nihlus and Garrus? Mind-boggling I know but that scene was just so perfect. Heartwrenching but also hopeful. I'm nervous for what's to come, but still can't wait to read it 3
Armasyll chapter 141 . 9/26/2020
Been binge-reading this for days :V I love it and there are many points that make me honestly laugh.
Kellhound chapter 172 . 9/3/2020
Welcome Back MizDirected! I hope you have been well and continue to do well in our present circumstances! It may have been two years, but your writing is still as top notch as ever!
HelenTheMoon chapter 172 . 9/3/2020
And I was JUST rereading your fanfic!
JaguarVakarian chapter 172 . 9/3/2020
I missed you so so so so so much! It wasn't the same without you.
Akerin chapter 87 . 8/2/2020
FuuUuck. I'm past halfway, now I'm pissed.

why is there even a halfway? Can't this just go on infinitely?
Akerin chapter 47 . 8/1/2020
Chapter 47 Fuckin sweet.

I won't lie, up until this point I've been very confused as to how Shepard's feelings differentiate between the two.

But this chapter made it obviously clear to me. One is more akin to a crush, maybe it's just me but someone having a crush on me instantly makes return those feelings (As long as I cared about them before as a friend) but the other is a connection, all the little pieces I've noticed up until now of how they act together, how they treat eachother, and just what they do.

it's really well set up and It's a wild ride, I can't wait to see how it keeps going.
sHiZoooo chapter 23 . 5/6/2020
Oh my... Legion with a single boob made me laugh so damn hard
sHiZoooo chapter 21 . 5/6/2020
Wow I have to say, this story is so interesting. Since it's slightly AU it keeps me on my toes all the time and I love that. Also, Shepard seems to be a turian magnet and I'm not complaining lol
sHiZoooo chapter 2 . 5/5/2020
I'm about halfway through the chapter and I'm not sure how I feel about this Shepard's personalityshe feels like a bratty teenager rather than a military officer. The personality type itself doesn't bother me I'm just having a really difficult time imagining Jennifer Hale's voice saying all of this, despite this though I will continue reading
Guest chapter 171 . 4/3/2020
Baby Jesus can take it in the fucking ass like a coked up cracka
Glumski chapter 171 . 1/17/2020
So... this story. I was reluctant to start reading because of the extreme length and the incomplete tag, and also because I've never been a huge fan of turians. Well, that was kind of stupid, wasn't it?
Future Imperfect is solid gold. I've read a few ME stories by now (though probably less than a dozen), and quite a few series were even of similar length. They couldn't compare to FI in any way, shape or form. It might very well be impossible to not fall in love with Jane in your very first chapter, and even though I personally never liked Garrus all that much, he quickly grew to one of my favourite characters over the span of the first few dozen chapters. I love what you've done to the plot; the deviations from canon make everything better and far more sensible (in a batshit crazy way), and you're doing a lot of fantastic work in creating backgrounds for the different races that make them feel less like humans in funny suits than they do in the original games.
Admittedly, I was a little put off in the chapters after Jane died. While I do like him, Garrus didn't hold all that much interest to me as the main focus, and I enjoyed the craziness of the first part so much that the more serious and even angsty atmosphere made me reel a little. But then we got our Jane back, and while the craziness still had to go, we got marvellous war planning instead. During the last few chapters, I was deeply dreading every page because I knew the end was approaching, and now I'm here, and I'm kinda-sorta devastated.
I do want to say something about the length though. You're at about 1M words (I believe AO3 counts it at about 990k without the author's notes), which is almost the total length of Harry Potter novels. On my eReader, FI had a pagecount of 2500, which is pretty scary. It's not the longest fanfiction I've ever read (and I think I've even seen another Shakarian story on here with 3.5M words), but it's still pretty hefty. But then again, you're novelizing the entire ME storyline, and you're doing so in a sensible way with world building, multiple character foci, and high attention to detail, so I can't say that it really is all that long. I certainly didn't feel bored at any point - contrary to Harry Potter, or even Lord of the Rings - and I'd deny with a vengeance that you're doing anything wrong. I believe this story is about as perfect as any ME fanfic can be; and I say that as someone who is principally opposed to the pairing!
I've read on your AO3 profile page that you've taken a break from writing due to lack of reader interest, and that's quite honestly a tragedy. I've noticed in your A/Ns how you worried about dwindling numbers of readers. I suppose, if I'd followed a story for five years, I might've lost interest, too, through no fault of yours (most relationships of your target audience probably don't last this long), but then again, there are other, less excellent stories that I've followed for a longer time, so I'd like to think that I'd stick to you even after all this time. Still, I hope you'll find the will to come back to this in the future. And if not, I at least hope you'll continue writing at all, since you're definitely gifted. (Well, it does say in your bio that you've published stuff in the past, so I hope you're still doing that!)
Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the fantastic ride, and I hope you're still kicking fictional characters through their paces!
harmsome1 chapter 1 . 12/17/2019
are you planning on continueing this story? if not please mark it as discontinued.
magenta-cat1 chapter 171 . 10/21/2019
I just reread this wonderful story. it still sparks my imagination.
harms chapter 171 . 7/9/2019
you still alive?.. .poke...
2,651 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »