Reviews for Beautiful Life
maddog63 chapter 23 . 7/28
What a fantastic moment in the arc of this story for this turn of events! Genius! There is a significant parallel between the help Annie needed when she was born and the help Show Your Brave needs - fighting for life. I find the timing exciting because this means Santana will bring her project into the world much like the child she's carrying (even if she did back herself into a corner). I love that she just blurted the notion out while defending Rachel. The picture Annie drew is over the top adorable. The "Pierce emotional intelligence" serves her well, and it's so good for Santana to have both Britt and Annie help her maintain perspective. Outstanding chapter!
maddog63 chapter 22 . 7/28
It completely fits that Santana went all Snix here. Nothing ripped my heart out more than when my kids were hurting and I couldn't do anything about it. Add San's history with hospitals, blood, and emotional control, top it off with insanity producing hormones, and I'd say it's a surprise she didn't actually go full-on Lima Heights. I am sad she lashed out at Brittany in such a hurtful way. But our girls have learned to talk things out rather than keeping them inside, so they, and the kids, will indeed be alright.
maddog63 chapter 20 . 7/25
Absolutely genius dialogue between Britt and San about their fears and anxieties. It completely makes sense that Santana would be afraid something bad was coming just because something good had happened. It's how her mind works. I am so glad Britt aired her fear as well. And what a great counterpoint to the hopes and dreams expressed in the last chapter and to Rosa's reflections on how far they've come. Annie's reaction to there being a "real" baby on the sonogram was precious. She may be fragile, but she's a fighter like her moms and she's working through it.
I also want to comment on your A/N about angst. I love this verse as much as I do because it's all so "normal". They suffered enough in FTWB and learned to cope and communicate which is a key to how they are now. It's actually rewarding to watch our girls enjoy a bounty of goodness after all they've been through. Real life is fraught with angst and drama. I, for one, like the escape from it.
maddog63 chapter 19 . 7/25
Happy fluffy sexy times are my absolute favorite. The way these two women love one another is why the fandom exists, and your care in writing them makes your affection for them clear. The trip to see the seals was an awesome idea! I absolutely adore that the beach is something that is so incredibly special to them. Great job!
maddog63 chapter 18 . 7/25
I really like that Santana and Finn are such good friends and that he's so supportive of what she's trying to do. San should feel proud because she already helped make a difference in Andrea's life and she's just getting started. The flashback to the immediate aftermath of San getting outed was outstanding. Brittany has always been exactly the balm Santana's tortured soul needs even when it's as simple as a reminder to stay in the moment. The group dinner was fun to read. What a great situation with their oldest and newest friends as you'd pointed out. Best line: "We really gotta get one of these! There's a real live baby in there, you know!" Life through the eyes of a child. :-)
maddog63 chapter 17 . 7/22
A snowed in day with a fireplace and family board games sounds like heaven to me. It's super exciting that San's bump finally popped. I just knew poor Annie was going to struggle with the baby issue. It was incredibly clever of them to tell the Grinch story from when she was born (I loved that moment in FTWB). I'm thinking maybe Santana being the one carrying may be helpful in the long run. Having another baby from Britt might have been harder since that's where she came from. I couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction when she poked San's bump. Even though she's still subdued, adding the baby to her snowpeople picture was a pretty significant statement.
Ravenbull chapter 56 . 7/22
Lovely chapter. Watching Annie's progression in the world while maintain all her uniqueness is a super :-) beautiful thing. Thanks for writing and posting.
maddog63 chapter 16 . 7/21
I am positively bursting with fluffy happy feels right now! The holiday traditions this huge extended family share just get better with each passing year. I would love to see them all enjoying brunch in their holiday PJ's. SO proud of Annie for getting through a super long and crazy hectic day like the trooper she is. She's made so much progress. Thank you for a chapter that will surely leave me smiling for the rest of the day. :-)
aww we need more angst or drama! Like in the last story. Its a but boring without some kinda drama xD
maddog63 chapter 15 . 7/21
The first parts of this chapter literally had me laughing out loud. I love that Dr. Singh teased right back when San said "I'm no longer convinced that my eggs were inseminated with the sperm of Satan." Santana's internal dialogue about tragic first world problems was hysterical, and I love the way she and Kurt banter especially since the zingers come from a place of affection. You definitely have a gift for sarcasm, and Santana's typical snark is a key beneficiary in this context. ;-) I adore how proud Annie and San are of Britt. The lovemaking at the end was beautiful.
maddog63 chapter 14 . 7/21
Classic Santana not being as kind and gentle with herself as she is with those she loves. I know I'm repeating myself, but Brittany seriously is the most thoughtful wife ever. She really is magical and exactly what Santana needs. There is an other-worldly essence to the way they love one another. This whole chapter is a summation of everything that makes us adore Brittana.
so many tears of happines in my eyes..
maddog63 chapter 12 . 7/20
What an awesome follow up to the last chapter! While it makes my heart squeeze, witnessing Annie's struggles thorough her moms' eyes makes it exceptionally poignant. Santana again floors me with her wisdom in mentioning that all of her friends picked her, not the other way around. It is an absolute truth that our children teach us more than we teach them. It is my dearest hope that soon all children will be raised like Annie to not think it even worth mentioning that Thoreau has two dads. Hope to see more of the O'Malleys in the future. (Brittany and Jarrod could be trouble together! LOL) Also, Brittany is seriously the most thoughtful wife - ever.
maddog63 chapter 11 . 7/20
I'm struggling for words to express how deeply this chapter affected me. To witness Santana being completely open and honest, revealing such a vulnerable moment from her past, with a version of her teenage self - it was absolutely poetic. She and Andrea both came away changed by the experience. I'm completely struck by the depth of San's insight that she treated Britt like crap because she couldn't possibly treat herself any worse. Show Your Brave - genius name for San's project and exceptionally wise words to live by. Thank you.
maddog63 chapter 10 . 7/20
Annie as a tiny Cheerio - be still my heart! And even better that Brice is a mini Finn! Quinn and Santana are on point - family is about love. I also love Quinn's comment about them meddling and being responsible for one another's relationships. LOL Poor Santana with the not-in-the-morning sickness. It's gonna be a struggle.