Reviews for In Winter
nm131 chapter 5 . 12/31/2013
Just caught up with your wonderful story. I love how you are taking the time to slowly establish the atmosphere and characters. You have portrayed an older Kid, who never received amnesty, excellently, with his more hidden characteristics from the series to the fore, but kept all the traits of Kid Curry, some more discernible than others.

Like everyone else, I am wondering that happened to divide our favorite partnership and if Kid and Heyes, or rather Joshua and Thaddeus, will ever be reunited. Please keep the chapters coming and the pace of your storytelling.
sistergrace2 chapter 5 . 1/2/2014
With each chapter, this story just keeps getting better and better. Your characters have some excellent lines!
Silverkelpie chapter 5 . 1/2/2014
An other wonderful chapter and the Kid's son-in-law has got a good nose for spotting a man's character. Is the family going to find out a lot more about his past, I wonder? I look forward to finding out. This series is such a pleasure to read.
Silverkelpie chapter 4 . 1/2/2014
Will his family ever find out more about his past, I wonder? He's certainly got his daughter alight with curiosity. Loving this series. Off to read the next part now.
LittleBluestem chapter 5 . 12/31/2013
I thought this story was going to be too sad for me, but the more I read, the more I am getting hooked. Keep it coming!
InsideOutlaw chapter 5 . 12/30/2013
Interesting that the Kid's son-in-law can sense the violence in him. I'm wondering if the family will have a chance to witness it when Mrs. O'Connor arrives. She sounds like a difficult woman.
Penski chapter 4 . 12/29/2013
Phew... that was a close call with Thaddeus almost telling his daughter about his past life. Wouldn't she have been surprised. Poor Kid, though, not being able to easily escape the family coming over for the holidays - love how he's thinking jail might be a better choice right now.
InsideOutlaw chapter 4 . 12/29/2013
I feel for Christine being shut out from part of her father's life and longing to know more. She really has no idea what she's going to be digging for and I've got a feeling that she's going to be sorry when she unearths the truth. And how sad for the Kid to have to live a lie for so many years in order to live at all. I'm guessing that he and Heyes would have had to go their separate ways in order to keep the truth of their past from dragging them down. I'm looking forward to more and am loving this!
laf1024 chapter 3 . 12/27/2013
Poor Kid, can't even take a walk with his granddaughter without getting hurt, lol! But can't really blame him when he was thinking back about his own pa; and just like the kind of man he is he is more worried about upsetting Annie than about his own injury; he is a very kind grandfather.
InsideOutlaw chapter 3 . 12/27/2013
What a beautifully written scene. It evoked some of my favorite memories of sharing nature with my own daughter and I felt as though I was there. It really is the small, sweet moments like this that make up a rich life.
Very nice tale for this time of the year. Thank you.
Penski chapter 3 . 12/26/2013
Beautifully written - so hard to see the Kid aging and having difficulties. In Winter makes me wonder what will happen in the spring.
Silverkelpie chapter 3 . 12/26/2013
This stands out for the lovely, atmospheric writing and I'm so enjoying seeing where this is going. The Kid's nature is captured so well and still stays consistent with the character we know, even though so much time has passed.
Nora Winters chapter 3 . 12/26/2013
I am enjoying this bittersweet tale of an aged Kid. I don't usually like the long after series time period stories (I think we all have our own ideas of what happened), but this is so plausible and the characters so realistic that this one stands out. Look forward to seeing where you go with this.
Silverkelpie chapter 2 . 12/20/2013
I keep wondering if and when Heyes will appear. You keep us hooked like a master and the beautiful writing just draws me right into this bittersweet tale. There is still a hint of longing lingering. I can't wait to see where you take this
Silverkelpie chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
What a lovely, bittersweet tale. The relationship between the sisters was caught beautifully and it was so good to see the Kid settled with a happy family life. Very sad that the boys had fallen out over something. I was so glad to see you continuing with this. Off to read the next part now.
177 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »