Reviews for In Winter
nm131 chapter 11 . 4/16/2014
Lovely character building chapter. Thanks

I look forward to each chapter as most current authors are very Heyes centric, there's not much for the Kidettes or even equal-centric, which are to my taste, so your two current ongoing stories are much appreciated.
Helen West chapter 11 . 4/15/2014
We are really coming to know these complex, human characters and their relationships. This is a wonderful story! Just seeing the characters come along together and reveal parts of themselves is as riveting as any action plot.
HW
Akeays chapter 11 . 4/15/2014
Well, I thought we'd lost you to the shadowy depths of 'real life'! Glad to see you back.

This chapter was nice and easy and did a lot to build on the characters you already have going. I'm looking forward to their Christmas Day and wondering what surprises you have in store for us.

I know things can get in the way but please don't make us wait too long for the next installment. This is my favorite of the currently on-going stories even though it's focusing on Curry and I'm strictly a Heyes gal through and through. A really good story transcends preferences and we all become 'bi-partner'!
Guest chapter 11 . 4/15/2014
Glad to read another installment of this series. I am enjoying it very much. You are building the anticipation of the arrival of the other grandparents and the continued interview about Jones past life beautifully. Can't wait to see what happens on both counts!
Javabee1 chapter 11 . 4/15/2014
Glad to see another chapter to this series. You are building the anticipation of the arrival of the other grandparents beautifully. If they try to give Jones a hard time, I have a feeling Pat will not take to it very well. Also can't wait for the rest of the story of Jones life. Great story with a lovely flow, looking forward to the next one.
sistergrace2 chapter 11 . 4/15/2014
Another wonderful chapter with a happy, homey, family feeling. I'm very much enjoying this story.
Penski chapter 10 . 3/26/2014
Loving the direction of this story and falling in love with Christine - she is her father's daughter, isn't she! Would love to go on a sleigh ride, too. Favorite bantering was:
She reached behind him and squeezed.
"Don't let it freeze. It's a nice butt. I have plans for it later."
"Don't make too many plans," he said, sourly. "I expect my parents to tan my hide..."
Looking forward to more soon!
InsideOutlaw chapter 10 . 3/26/2014
My favorite part of this chapter is Jed reflecting that he did his best to raise his daughter to make good decisions and his willingness to let her make a bad one and learn from the consequences. You write this family so well and so believably!
Keays chapter 10 . 3/22/2014
Good to see another chapter posted. I was beginning to think you had abandoned us!

I sense trouble on the horizon. Jed is very smart to leave that one alone and yes, I agree that he would much rather be outdoors looking for a tree than at home when the in-laws arrive. There's going to be words!

Looking forward to the next up-rising.
Silverkelpie chapter 10 . 3/23/2014
You caught the negotiation of the spouses so very well in this chapter. I think one of the things which enriches your writing is that the supporting characters are so well drawn. Another great chapter.
Helen West chapter 10 . 3/22/2014
Rosie, this is so beautiful. I am really enjoying getting to know the family.
HW
Javabee1 chapter 9 . 3/17/2014
Little by little Christine is finding out what kind of man her father really is. He has raised her well, and I think she can handle the truth better than he knows. I hope you are continuing this, Rosie. There are so many layers to this and you are peeling them away like an onion. You have us on tenterhooks waiting for the next installment!
zekeschance chapter 9 . 3/2/2014
I'm just loving this story. The way you're writing Thaddeus has an older man and trying not to reminisce but still thinking of Heyes, it just hits you in the gut. Can't wait to see where you're going with this. Hopefully those historians will find something on Heyes too. Looking forward to more.
LittleBluestem chapter 9 . 3/1/2014
Enjoyed the chapter. Christine is such a great character - sniffing her sweater to see if she could wear it one more day! Seems like something the daughter of Kid Curry would do, alright. Keep these chapters coming!
InsideOutlaw chapter 9 . 3/1/2014
Interesting that Jed was so forthright with Christine about Danny Bilson. It makes me wonder if there might not be some cracks in his facade. Love the armpit sniffing-who hasn't done that? Keep 'em comin'!
177 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »