Reviews for Hope Comes to Brockton Bay
LordGrimstorm chapter 127 . 10/1
This was so goddamn beautiful. I loved reading every word of it. Thank you. I will admit that I almost "got diabetes" from the sweetness of Hope, Amy, and later on Lisa all being together as cute as they were. I love the very positive overview that Hope's changes made on the world. I agree with an earlier comment that said they wished that Amy, Hope, and Lisa would have been able to have the babies that were spoken of, as that would have been adorable, but that could no longer happen at that point. And in the end, am I to take it that Amy was no longer even with the other two romantically? That would also make me sad, so I'm going to change my personal headcanon on this fic to match exactly how I'd have wanted it to end, but there is honestly very little that I would have changed, so thank you thank you thank you for this very wonderful, happy outcome version of one of the greatest stories ever told. I will remember this fondly for years to come, and will likely reread it at some point. You have done some of my favorite fics in general, and this one is up there for the top of the list.
PappyOldGuy chapter 1 . 9/25
An intriguing start to what promises to be a good story. I have read quite a number of "FanFiction" stories, and many have been enjoyable. It looks like it will likely take a few chapters to get all your main characters and store line fleshed out, but with the hints provided I like where I see this going.

Thanks for sharing!
A minor quibble on this chapter: I'm pretty sure that Miss Militia's native language would be Kurmanji (Northern Kurdish, spoken by most Kurdish residents of Turkey), not Farsi.
SeanHicks4 chapter 127 . 7/11
Interesting take, I don’t know if I just burned out or if it was the Mary Sue aspect that made the last bit a struggle to read though.
WindbornesWord chapter 126 . 5/29
This is a great story but I’m kind of pissed you made Amy lose her powers. She, Lisa and Hope didn’t have kids dammit like you proposed in an earlier chapter. It’d have made for a perfect happy ending.
Sefera chapter 127 . 1/20
That was... So nice... In the end. It’s been a long time since a fic has made me cry at the ending. Very Good! I’m favoriting it, of course.

Very Good :)
Quelthias chapter 127 . 1/8
What a Fanfic!

I really enjoyed the slow building up of Hope into the shadow president of the entire Earth Beta. Yes she is a mary sue, but that's not a drawback, it's a feature.

The only part I could see worked on is Behemoth. We were given this huge buildup for a giant boss fight and then it just collapsed... I would have liked to see a bit more struggle. Maybe the two Siberians are not strong enough to completely immobilize him? I was also hoping that Robin could accelerate a javelin to relativistic velocities and really go all out.

My favorite part though is how it ended. I didnt expect that ending. Usage of Dinah too was a nice touch (almost forgot about her).
Random Guest chapter 20 . 12/6/2019
Karma’s a bitch Shadow Stalker
cameron1812 chapter 127 . 12/7/2019
There aren't many stories of this length that hi ADHD would let me read through. But you hooked me in from the start and have had me waiting, reaching for every word. Thank you for such a satisfying, lovely story. Hope does conquer allThank you. Just beautiful.
feauxen chapter 112 . 11/7/2019
The Avengers movie, which kicked the idea of a Marvel Cinematic Universe proper, came out in 2012, and this story takes place in 2011. Sure, everyone was getting hyped (or desperately not trying to set themselves up for disappointment) about the upcoming Avengers film in 2011, but I don't think the term 'MCU' really came about for another few years.
feauxen chapter 110 . 11/7/2019
Erm...9/11 is the reason that America uses the number 911 for emergency calls. In a world without 9/11, 911 wouldn’t be an emergency number. They’d probably still use 999 because of how fast that was to dial on rotary phones, the same way the UK does.
feauxen chapter 62 . 11/5/2019
SPOILER WARNING for both Worm and this story. You’ve been warned.

I hate to say it, but with the possible exception of the anesthetic, the Snow Tiger could break Manton out without any of the countermeasures being a problem. The only reason the anesthetic would work was if the needles were already stuck into his skin, since canonically, all the Siberian had to do to share her invincibility was touch something or someone. Since all the countermeasures relied on harm done to Manton, once she had hands on Manton, Snow Tiger could just waltz right out of the room. The only thing that could stop her that we saw in canon was something Clockblocker had frozen, and even that only bought a second or so as Manton re-summoned the projection. Even worse, since Snow Tiger seems more independent of Manton, it’s possible she could persist while Manton was unconscious, meaning that even in the needles were pre-loaded into Manton’s blood vessels and knocked him out, Snow Tiger could still break him out. And then, since they don’t know that Clockblocker can temporarily interrupt the projection, they’d have no was to stop Snow Tiger from walking through the walls as though they were cardboard and escaping.
Planeshunter chapter 127 . 10/25/2019
Excellent story, some might feel cheated by the buildup for every crisis being defused before it turned into something tragic, but that won't be me. Hope was a very much needed injection of light in the dark world of Worm. And this last two chapters, damn.

... I'm not crying damnit. Stupid onion-cutting ninjas...
Planeshunter chapter 87 . 10/21/2019
You are an evil, evil writer. Got me real worried during this chapter.
Zen-Aku The Spirit Of The Wolf chapter 34 . 9/16/2019
hope owns the city and the capes don't even realize it. she's like canada. the little sibling that no one wants to hurt because it's too nice and friendly to hate.