Reviews for At A Loss For Words
gaylelbf chapter 8 . 5/15/2018
Beautiful chapter!
gaylelbf chapter 6 . 5/15/2018
Oh no! It can’t be worse for poor Merlin.
gaylelbf chapter 1 . 5/15/2018
Loving Arthur!
Honyasbookshelf2017 chapter 14 . 1/26/2018
I know, it’s probably sadistic of me, but I really enjoyed At a Loss for Words quite a lot. Yes, it’s very whumpish, and a lot of bad stuff happens to Merlin in it, but it’s also a hopeful and sweet story; the best sort of hurt/comfort, right? I love how a great deal of the story is from Arthur’s perspective and how we actually get to see an Arthur who’s openly concerned, who takes the time to be there for his friend and acknowledge how much Merlin actually means to him. And Merlin’s sections, even though they’re angsty, are also filled with that great sass that so characterizes him. I felt like the author’s handling of some very difficult content–like addiction, withdrawals, PTSD, and depression–were tastefully handled and really added a lot to the story. And (although I love a good reveal), it was neat to see a story with lots of caring and Arthur/Merlin friendship that didn’t involve a magic reveal–but leaves us set up nicely for a potential reveal in the future. The writing isn’t always perfect, but it’s quite readable and has a nice flow and a good feel for the characters, which is honestly more important that perfect grammar and word choice. And yes, there’s at least one place in which concepts are presented that weren’t discovered until years later . . . but let’s face it, Merlin has always placed story before technicality and historical accuracy anyhow, so I can’t really bring myself to care. In all the ways that count, At a Loss for Words is a touching, intense, heartbreaking, and enjoyable story that I would definitely recommend.
fullmetalfaggot chapter 15 . 4/20/2017
BRAVO! that was a wonderful story and I loved the ending! I'm so glad those bastards are gonna pay for what they did to Merlin!
fullmetalfaggot chapter 11 . 4/19/2017
Wait I thought Kilgarrah was gonna save merlin!
fullmetalfaggot chapter 9 . 4/19/2017
IT'S 1 IN THE MORNING AND MY PHONE IS DYING! THIS STORY IS TOO GOOD TO PUT DOWN THOUGH! MUST. KEEP. READING!
KentuckyMacFuck chapter 5 . 4/12/2017
This is both very well done and very WHYYYYYY?! XD

Great job
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2017
O gawd!... I've had this dark thought that keeps popping in my head every time I read serious Merlin whimper and my mind keeps saying "someone do it! Do iiiit!" And now someone did and the MOMENT I finished reading that line my heart stopped for feels! T.T

XD I'm sadistic.
Reganraeh chapter 15 . 1/29/2017
I LOVED THIS STORY BUT IM SO MAD MERLIN IS NOT GOING TO BE ABlE TO TALK ANYMORE UGHHH
CaitiAthena chapter 1 . 12/13/2016
oh my gods... Merlin
MN chapter 6 . 9/25/2016
I'm sorry but I don't think I can read on.. I'm terrified right now. I used to get convulsions as a baby/child and the way you described this is quite acurat.. Bravo..
Phoenix1998 chapter 15 . 7/20/2016
What a brilliant story, agonising and cruel but brilliant. As are the following shorts, thank you and keep writing :) x
Guest chapter 4 . 3/20/2016
Did you just quote Star Trek in your AN? BTW I'm really loving this even though its completely breaking my heart into a million pieces.
Mae.Watty97 chapter 4 . 3/20/2016
Did you just quote Star Trek in your AN? "I can do zat!" Chekov If not then I feel stupid. XD But I'm really loving this even though its breaking my heart into a million pieces.
308 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »