Reviews for Referral
iamtheillusion chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
I really like the way you write Jim and Bones! Keep up the great work!
Senuna chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
I know I said I would spam you into oblivion with my brilliant and witty reviews. I also said I would never eat too much raw cookie dough in a time-span of one hour. I'm terribly sorry about the first, but obviously the latter was worth every trip to the bathroom.
Either way, I figured if I was going to review, I want it to actually mean something. There is not a single story on this profile that I didn't enjoy and love, but there are a few that truly got to me. Which is why I'm posting my review on this oneshot, but you probably already connected the dots.

I'll be honest with you: I would love to see this story become a two-shot (is that even a thing now?). I'll even throw in some of my Dutch charm (that definitely isn't a thing) to convince you. This story has the potential to become like Toy Story, or Batman or hell even Mission Impossible (and yes, Jeremy Renner had everything to do with the last one). This oneshot is like Firefly, gone and finished too soon - which also reminds me of the cookie dough. Convinced yet?

I could continue but Harvey Specter is calling me so I should really get back to him. Yes I just said that. The day Karl Urban will make an appearance in that show is the day I can die a happy woman. Or the day where this story becomes a two-shot. (Bet you thought THAT was smooth).
Johijoha chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
That is so cute... seriously I should stop commenting your old storys but they touch me. Soooo... just bare with me and ignore them. XD
LilithL2 chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
nice ;)
nmletters chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
In response to "not too long to wait" - speak for yourself! If I don't get a daily fix it's too late :)

Like many of your oneshots, sets the scene and mood concisely and in a very understated way with little details, like the calories and Jim's thinness. and "the two people he loved most in the world" was just great.

It did leave me feeling like the "do no harm" piece, moved and unsettled. Any chance for resolution and happiness after this? (not realistic, but it is fiction and Rodenberry was nothing if not optimistic!)
Bebedora chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
There's nothin' quite like a little Joanna and Jim to brighten my day. I love your writing style, and how you portray all the characters involved. For Bones to realize that he might just have to endure nightmares to ensure that Jim recovers fully, well, if that's not love, I don't know what is. Great job, I just loved this.

-B
WetCat chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Awwwww, Bonesy *_*
Noitratoxin chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
You light up my dark looming day with a wonderful new story that lit up my smile and twisted my heart with a screwer. That ability of yours is truly horrifying.

God bless Bones with dreamless sleeps.
knightphoenix2 chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Looks like either McCoy has some psi-powers of his won, that got activated by the mind-melds. Or else, the repeated mind-melds are a little bit more permanent than Spock realizes ...

Like to see the fact Jim is healing, with the respite the McCoy is givning him. However, it doesn't substitute for full, honest therapy. Which needs to begin - and soon.

Great story!
Lawlady562 chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
How great to see Jim at peace- at least until the next story
Guest Floater chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Whoa...if I have not mentioned this before you are one prolific writer! It's barely been like two days or so and it looks like you're rumbling on ahead already. Wow... o.O

Anyways I'd just like to say that this chapter was just very sweet. it's always great to see Jim and Joanna together and it's cool that you've expand on one these J and J moments. Even though the Enterprise is still in repair from that snafu with Marcus, I can't imagine there being many days when the commanding officers can just sit around without some report to read or repair detail to approve of. It's refreshing to see Jim in a moment where he has no stress and no responsibilities, where he can just relax, soak in the love and warmth of his new family, and maybe reclaim a little bit of his lost childhood with JoJo. That was very heartwarming to read!

As to Bones, I admit I feel a little for the poor doctor but we all know he would do this and a whole lot more for his adoptive little bro. I think his discretion is well-justified. If he actually mentioned something Jim may well get guilt-tripped into not sleeping much which will further impede his ability to heal from a pretty excruciating ordeal. As best friend and practically family, Bones should ultimately be honest, but there is a right time for everything and it can likely wait a little.

Anyways, it would be interesting to see the effects of the meld downstream and whether Spock has had similar experiences or if he is just better practiced at shielding his mind from external influences. I think both Spock and Bones have been incredibly honored and privileged to have had the kind of trust they received when Jim initially consented to the meld. Let's see where this all goes. Awesome work as usual Beamirang!
kirrak chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
I read your story...which by the way was awesome...and I got to the end and looked for the next chapter. Sadly disappointed to see this was complete. :( PLEASE throw me some hurt/comfort for Bones. It's so difficult to find! And that totally makes me sound like a crazy person... Great story thanks for writing it!
Sarachan chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Wow that was awesome! I'm do happy I found your fanfics. A problem from hell was the first ST fic I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I look forward to reading all the stories you have in this verse. Keep on writing :)
n1h1l4dr3m chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
I really liked this. At first I was a bit disappointed because you didn't spend more time on how Spock was dealing with the aftereffects, and then I realized that you did-he's Vulcan, so the methods he taught to Jim and Bones would be something he did reflexively and wouldn't need more time. It would be easier for him to compartmentalize/distance himself from the nightmare-inducing activity than Bones. And really, as Jim's doctor, best friend, and confidant, having access to those nightmares might make Bones a bit more understanding.
seacat03 chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Love this story! I like that Jim is getting better because Bones has hit nightmares!