Reviews for Artemis Fowl: The Sun Rising
Eragen chapter 21 . 1/6/2020
YES YES YES YES
kykkio chapter 21 . 11/2/2016
Love your story! So in character
By the way a sequel with unicorns would be fun!
Thanks
Holly-Rose Fowl-Casson chapter 21 . 12/8/2015
Beautiful. I love the parallels and how you turned and tweaked the important plot devices to be the same but completely different and utterly satisfying. Thank you.

One thing: "focusing" is spelt with one "s", though I'm sure you've realized by now.
captainlee10 chapter 9 . 9/12/2015
the title means "Destiny is a lousy traitor"
neire chapter 21 . 5/14/2015
aww this fic was so cute i was smiling all the way through with the later chapters with artemis and holly those two were so cute i'm crying
whitealmond chapter 21 . 5/7/2015
Ahh, as soon as I woke up I couldn't wait for my workday to be over so I could come back and finish reading this. Intricately, tightly plotted, with great dialogue, characterization, description, and pacing. You're really spoiling me - it'll be awful wading back out into ffnet for good AF fanfiction ;) I like how it ends in a way that is ripe with possibilities - a good jumping point for a sequel, though I know you're not really writing AF anymore. Still, the imagination quickens - especially with Artemis being a fairy in more than Holly's eye. Why don't they go dabble with some African or Australian gods next, eh? ;) while Juliet and co look for unicorns...

My only criticism for this overall awesome story would be that it doesn't have the emotional impact on me that your other stories have had - though your other stories DO set a very high bar - and I'm also still confused about Holly's feelings, from Reprieve. Why, she had been willing to spend 50 years with Kokoro! Artemis would have been an old, bitter man by then. Those are some pretty deep feelings. To go from knowing how Artemis felt about her/loving Artemis to jumping into the arms of a fox to jumping out of her arms and then blundering into Artemis... her feelings didn't feel true to me. I couldn't grasp them.

Artemis and Holly's interaction - flirty, loving, and insulting, when they do finally get together, though, were totally true to them. I can see both of them getting more tender with each other - as tender as either can be - and making the rest of their friends gag ;D
whitealmond chapter 18 . 5/7/2015
oh wait, oh no, don't tell me he nabs them right as they're - oh dear XD

I really liked the fluff here. They're flying through life like they're immortal. Reads with a kind of carefree exhilaration :)
whitealmond chapter 17 . 5/7/2015
I like how you adapt quotes from canon into your stories... very bittersweet. And it's a shame that ignorant people read ffnet, eh?
whitealmond chapter 15 . 5/7/2015
Ahaha, I thought that was the perfect solution of keeping him safe from Quetzacoatl XD

Very exciting, it's like I'm reading a version of the book if Colfer wrote for adults ;)
whitealmond chapter 9 . 5/6/2015
Kidnapped by a parrot... now THAT'S something I can totally see happening in canon ;)
whitealmond chapter 8 . 5/6/2015
Man, you weren't kidding about the angst. Heart hurting, here.
whitealmond chapter 5 . 5/6/2015
I wish the LEP had really hired Artemis. Could've had adventures forever! (I haven't read TLG so I don't know if that's what actually happens... I kind of doubt it, though XD) I like Holly and Artemis' silent communication, lol
Shriannan chapter 21 . 4/7/2015
Somehow I overlooked the email about this chapter. It was a nice surprise as I cleaned out my inbox today though! This was a great ending to the story and the trilogy. I loved that you included Minerva at the end. :) Thank you so much for writing and sharing your work! I always love it.
Alchemechanist chapter 21 . 3/22/2015
Gosh, I must have read that last part a dozen times. What a lovely fic, and what a lovely series. I'm so sad it's over. And I utterly forgot that they hadn't met Minerva in this world, so of COURSE, being the rabid shipper you are, it makes perfect sense that she was staying at the same hotel as them. I love that. Go get some, Butler.

I can't wait to see more from you, as always. Even at their darkest, your works always manage to find the light. And I will certainly be checking out your fictionpress account. Angsty poetry included.
butterleaf chapter 21 . 3/20/2015
Wholehearted round of applause for an excellent fic. Congratulations. Also, I have recently taken up yoga and can now see how it could actually redeem a mentally unstable killer. Sounds random, but doing the warrior pose last week just sorta reminded me of Tezcat's line about trying to do said pose with one leg...