Reviews for Enemy Returned
maesde chapter 38 . 1/19
Why is this not still going on! Awesome fic
Golanth2008 chapter 38 . 10/26/2016
I'm seriously looking forward to seeing what Liara's suggestion has sparked from our mighty Commander Shepherd
Xane117 chapter 15 . 9/25/2016
I'm giving a review because I do read the names of the doctors. I just found this story a few days ago when my brother told me about it. Keep up the great work on this story, it's really good.
TheKingOfPikachusAndDragons chapter 18 . 9/25/2016
As a proud us citizen I feel I must say god damn my government can be fucking stupid
Litany of Hate chapter 34 . 8/10/2016
I love this story but you've lost me with your constant need to press the action and send people to die. There is such a thing as recon. Going in blind gets people killed, but it seems to be a lesson incapable of being learned here.

The Normandy Midnight can get directly over a target to deploy ground troops, and you have already said there are cameras on drones that can read a newspaper from orbit. There should be NO WAY for mobile skyshield AA's to be a surprise during your advance.

How are sniper floaters such a problem when you have drones and universal assemblers to mass-manufacture them? There should always be a recon buffer of cloaked drones forming a perimeter! We use drone and satelite tactics in war with our current technology, without the benefit of sci-fi tech nonsense!

Every target should be scouted by drones before a strike, and now that XCOM has artillery, every target should be shelled prior to an advance with fire coordination from said drones (QEC technology would be perfect for this purpose). Once the target has been softened and your tanks are engaged is when I would cut lose the aerial transports. It'd be pretty useless to have a bunch of heavy fire support YOU CANNOT USE because there are friendlies in the engagement area. You might also need to pull some teeth during the advance simply to get the artillery close enough. So yeah, the armor should have made first contact.

XCOM small unit tactics would still be effective if you were properly utilizing drones. Mass deployment is just the brute force method of making up for a flawed tactical doctrine. As a force multiplier, drones should be ubiquitous in every theater.

It's not that different when taking a ship either. The scene where your entire squad of MECs got annihilated by a single enemy in zero-g? You had just finished equipping the MECs with drones, the MECs had just finished spreading out to cover a single point of ingress, and they knew the enemy was coming. There was no attempt to deploy their drones to form a pincer, or to flank. They just waited around and got slaughtered.

It feels like you are being deliberately obtuse just so you can ratchet up the tension. I'm tired of XCOM being "surprised" by things I can see coming easily. I had even wondered why XCOM didn't develop an AA tank for their Falconet line as you introduced them.

This is why I can't read any further. The casualties don't matter to you so they don't matter to me and I've lost all investment in the characters. It's one thing to lose people in combat; it's quite another to lose them to stupidity.

"Silly But Killy" though... give me more of that!
Sorlian chapter 11 . 7/24/2016
Huh, all this build up, either the Reapers are going to be in for a real nasty surprise, or they're going to be really really fucking advanced compared to the ME canon.
Sorlian chapter 10 . 7/24/2016
Well too late to vote, but I'd think based on their reasoning for warring with the Ethereals, try the reconnect with their creators, or at least take the time to observe. I'll see in the next chapter.
Sorlian chapter 2 . 7/24/2016
Well, wrong idea (or maybe not) on the relays, but wise never the less! Man this is interesting. I wonder where in the galactic timeline the Ethereals came to power? Or maybe they are a small offshoot of the Protheans that cloned themselves to survive? As I recall Protheans had almost Psionic like-abilities in Mass Effect canon.
Barona chapter 38 . 5/29/2016
Very fun and gripping story. Catches the balance of optimism, fun, and "OH CR P" that hallmarks XCOM.
Guardian54 chapter 28 . 5/23/2016
I'd like to point out that even air-density cutlery and plates WOULD FALL WHEN FOOD WAS PUT ON TOP.

Food is more dense than air, so it would push the plate down, and as the plate is the same density as air it would offer minimal resistance.
Guardian54 chapter 22 . 5/22/2016
Indeed the disease is a curse from Allah... for the father's sins of personality.

Joker should ensure the piece of s*** has an "accident".
Guardian54 chapter 15 . 5/22/2016
I strongly suspect it's the United States. China is more cautious and less arrogant than to actually try something like trying to kick XCOM on purpose.

If you like realism instead of "Murica gud", you probably know that the US is the most likely suspect too.
Guest chapter 37 . 2/22/2016
Flying Chryssalids
Panic Check : 12% FAILURE
"NO, NO, NO, GET ME OUT OF HERE !"
Hunker Down
Shiney McShine chapter 15 . 2/15/2016
The names are cute
AkiraWolf98 chapter 2 . 2/11/2016
I for one, agree that we need a better name for our planet once we make contact with extra-terrestrial life. Calling your planet "ground/dirt/or some other synonym" is fine, but once you get to space, you need a less generic name for the homeworld.