Reviews for Forgiveness
practicingproductivity chapter 1 . 8/11/2015
This is beautiful and adorable.
Nameless Knight chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
Ooooh, now that's some delicious writing. Hamil is something that will always be something on their minds, no matter how many years pass. They may move on, they may forgive but it will always be a mark on their lives. And if they can get past it, there feelings will only ever be the stronger.

Leticia bringing peach pie to Rieze Maxia was a clever idea.
QuestSeeker chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
I love this story. Alvin and Leia are my favorite, they are just too cute together.
Lord 0f Storms chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
This is so perfect. I thought I'd read a little Alvin/Leia before I start ToX2, since I hear they're friends in that, and I needed something to bring closure to the Hamil story beforehand. I read a translation of the official 'Before Episode', but it didn't do the trick. This story, however, is just magnificent. Definitely the right choice.

The way you write Alvin and Leia is so true to their characters, and I love the flow of the story, from the fear and pain at the start to the acceptance at the end. It's beautiful, and I especially like that it's spliced with in-game truths about them - the peach pie, Alvin liking cats, etc. The role of Leia's scar was inspired, and the tender moment in Alvin's room just melted my heart.

In addition to that, it was very well written and had a 'professional writer' feel to it. Definitely one for the favourites list! 3
Hanzatsu-Hime chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Super cute, and the right amount if serious! It's nice to see Alvin shaking in his...well, not boots, but pj's I guess :P that was such a shocking scene in the game, and it's very important for any kind of relationship that Alvin and Leia have (especially since there's a sequel!) so I emjoyed how you handled it and kept them...them.

Keep on writing _
TalesFan chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
ONE THING:

MORE! There is not enough Alvin x Leia out there in the world. I need more. They are my favorite pairing and my favorite characters from Xillia! I just wish they were more developed :[
Japanese Perverted chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
I love this story! I hope to read more Leia x Alvin stories from you
Ryuchu chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
I'm so glad you published this so soon after you sent me that PM because it's positively adorable! However, even more than that, it has some real character development and the reader is really given the chance to appreciate Alvin and Leia as characters rather than just as "a couple"...if you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Speaking of that, my favorite thing to this story was just all the different ways in which Alvin and Leia's thoughts and opinions develop throughout the course of the story. It was really great to see how the two of them are still reeling from the events in Hamil even two years later - they really do need an opportunity to sit down and talk it out and since they haven't been given one, their reactions are very realistic here. I also really love how you handled the conversation in the end. It felt natural and true to both of their characters.

If I had to pick an inner-monologue that I enjoyed more though, it would probably be Alvin's. The way that he still feels like he's doing "mercenary" work even while trying to distance himself from it just adds an extra layer of depression to everything he's doing; try as he might to escape it, he somehow ends up falling back into the same thing. I think that mindset probably influenced the way he was interacting with Leia throughout the course of the story as well...although it may just be me over thinking things.

One thing that kind of threw me was how sudden and quick some of the shifts were in this story. There would be points where it would suddenly move to a new scene or it would unexpectedly shift from Leia's perspective to Alvin's or vice versa. While it's not terribly distracting and I do love being able to get into the heads of both sides of this relationship, it did kind of throw me a few times. Maybe even just using lines between scenes where the setting is different would help to mentally prepare the reader for a new scene?

That one minor gripe aside, I really did enjoy this and I'm really happy to see you contribute to the Alvin/Leia fandom! This was a delightfully fluffy read without getting annoyingly fluffy and that is something you deserve recognition for. Keep up the great work!
KalasFiction chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Awww. This is not a pairing I'd usually like, but now... Maybe I do. Very nicely written with great characterisation.

Keep it up!

K
Time Heals All chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
So much fluff! (: I really enjoyed that read, your story was great from beginning to finish and I was drawn in the entire time. You did a great job with including detail and your writing for the characters was spot on. I also liked how you included little tidbits from the actual game such as Alvin's love for cats and his mothers peach pie, and Leia's love for fruit yakisoba and soda rice. I hope you decide to write more, even if it's not about Alvin and Leia, (But hopefully you write more about them :D) because you write really well. (: