Reviews for From Yesterday
Banner chapter 20 . 6/5
I just found this story, and I spent the day reading it straight through. It's a wonder - intelligent, sophisticated, kind. I love the characterizations.
Trucklady53 chapter 20 . 5/1
I for one like that they had a happy ending with a normal life with wives and kids and doing the things they enjoy doing. I really like the Brenna character you created. I am a little late on this boat but am reading all the Supernatural ones that I can find and enjoying them. Thank you for great writing and storylines.
scootersmom chapter 20 . 2/17
I finally finished your story and it was just fantastic! I really, really loved it. I liked the way you finished it, so easy to see them living their lives but enjoying it too! Don't stop writing...you are just too good at it!
scootersmom chapter 2 . 2/14
Great chapter! I love reading your stories!
Guest chapter 20 . 12/6/2014
Okay. deep breath That was pretty damn fine.

I've never understood fans who oppose the boys having healthy, solid relationships with women, and I enjoy reading it in fanfics when the authors invest their OC love interest creations with personality and integrity. Sam and Dean both have much to offer discerning women who can deal with their lifestyle, and it's unrealistic to assume they could not find such women. Brenna has always been a favorite of mine, and she suits Dean well.

As warned, this is completely AU, and while there are some changes I don't personally care for, I cannot argue that the differences are handled badly. They are handled extremely well! Which is why I can accept them, and admire how seamlessly those differences fit.

The vast array of characters is handled with superb talent, and I really loved the "Magnificent Seven" vibe as the whole gang was assembled for the final showdown.

Hats off! I celebrate the talent displayed here! Well done!
Von chapter 7 . 12/2/2014
The warning about the OC is much appreciated but it sounds like it's more of a love-interest thing than 'large part' so I'm gonna duck out now. Cheers!
Swanseajill chapter 20 . 11/26/2014
It's a while since I've read any SPN fic, but i was in the mood for something long and juicy so of course began to check out my favourite writers. And came across this.

I really loved it. I liked the way they ended Swan Song, but I always felt it was a bit convenient the way Castiel just healed Dean and brought Bobby back to life. And I wasn't so keen on the whole Sam back from Hell storyline in the following season. So I was really interested to read your take. I thought it was convincing and compelling and, most importantly, kept the brothers together. I guess in reality Dean might have been unlikely to recover from the beating Lucifer/Sam gave him, but hey, that's a small point!

I loved the OCs you created in the first part. They were believable and I was sad when we left them behind for a while in the second part.

I was a little nervous about the introduction of Brenna in the second part, and I can understand why you said that some readers were frightened off at that point. However, I thought you did a great job. Brenna played a significant part but didn't overshadow the boys' relationship or their journey. Even giving Dean a daughter fitted in nicely. I have no objection to the boys having relationships or even getting married, so long as those relationships balance rather than take over from the brotherly relationship that's the core of the show. You did good.

And giving Dean the dog was an act of genius.

I was in two minds about the epilogue. On the one hand, I would have been content to have the story finish before that. But on the other, I did want to see what happened to them in the future, so torn on that one. A bit like the ending of Harry Potter!

Anyway, kudos for pulling off an ambitious story that was totally satisfying and will remain a favourite to be read again.
Aurora Abbot chapter 20 . 11/16/2014
I cannot express how much I love your stories. And the characters. You've made me cry, laugh, hurt and breathe with this story and I don't think I can thank you enough for sharing it with us!
JudyH chapter 20 . 7/19/2014
You know, I lost a lot of sleep reading this epic tale. I have to say, I have never read anything quite like it. I thought I had read all your spn fic, but this one had slipped by me somehow. The layers, the exquisite detail, the 'she wouldn't DO that, would she?' fear that kept me reading well into the night on quite a few occasions...perfection, sheer, gut wrenching perfection.
As much as I wish you luck with your original fiction, I do hope you don't stray too far from your Supernatural roots here. I think I'm gonna go back and read all your other spn stuff now...again...LOL.
CrazyForDean chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
I've read a lot of AU versions and this was the best one by far. You managed to keep the characters in tune with each other, which is hard for some authors and it all played out in the end. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, as also your other stories too, and hope to see the Winchesters and OCs come back some day :)
Geordiegirl1967 chapter 20 . 6/11/2014
I've read this whole story and I loved it. I've got no problem with the boys finding love so long as they are always together and entwined in each other's lives. Really well written with brilliant characterisation. Thank you.
Caleasta chapter 20 . 5/31/2014
I read fan fics because I like the stories. I like the creativity. I love the SPN universe. I am open to new ideas and directions for the writer to take their story. I like AUs if they are done well and still stay true to who the brothers are and why the do what they do.
I liked your story. I read it all the way through before reviewing. I liked that the boys ended up with families. I like that you weren't afraid to step away from the 'normal' plot devices and do something different. It's exciting to read something different but that still understands the bond between the brothers. I loved Stella and how she was so unsure of whether or not she could accept their world. That felt real because most of us 'normal' people would have to stop a minute and ask ourselves if we could handle that reality. Brenna is a good match for Dean. Dean could never settle for a normal woman. You created someone that understands that what he does is part of who he is and that he is a hero.
Loved that all their friends rallied around them for the big battle. Loved that they survived. Thank you for saving Cas. He's as much Dean's brother as Sam is.
I really liked this story. Thank you so much for sharing it. You are a powerful writer and I am happy that I found your story.
Geordiegirl1967 chapter 10 . 5/30/2014
Really enjoying this story. Brilliantly written. Great characterisation. Thanks.
Sojourner84 chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
I’m excited to get back to this story. I started it a while ago and almost made it to part two, but I’m going to start over again and read from the beginning. Every story I read of yours I am amazed by how wonderfully you capture these characters. I know I probably say that half a dozen times each time I read and comment on your work, but it’s true.

I was cleaning out my garage and I came across an old bookmark with a quote I wanted to share with you: “Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another’s skin, another’s voice, another’s soul.”—Joyce Carol Oates

You, without a doubt, have the gift that allows a reader to do just that.

I appreciate you giving Dean back a storyline with more focus on the “Righteous Man” and I love that he gets a shot to save Sam in a way that doesn't result in him helping Sam beat Lucifer only to watch Sam fall into the Pit. You have me wishing the show’s story had resembled something like this.

What grabbed me:

“He'd laid waste to Hell to search for one shining light of a human soul among the roiling mass of chaos.”

“…"It's Sam!"…Those two words defined every choice this man had ever made.
Castiel had known it the minute he'd grabbed Dean from the rack deep within the bowels of Hell, felt Dean's soul sear beneath his touch, binding them on a level the angel had never before experienced.”

“Castiel looked down at his hand, remembering the searing feeling of his energy merging with Dean's humanity. Dean wasn't even really flesh in Hell. He was simply a soul. But he suffered as if he were flesh. He died as if he were flesh. And when Castiel found him, he appeared in the flesh, his body broken, his will chained, his spirit a flame.”

“Dean pulled at the heavy door of the car, the creak of the Impala's hinges a familiar cadence, one that Castiel knew he would miss. It was a sound that meant Dean and home and brotherhood and family.”

“…"For showing me the resilience of humanity." Castiel released Dean, then stepped back. "And for being my friend."…”

Looking forward to re-reading these chapters getting to the chapters I have yet to experience. Thanks for sharing this. Take care—SJ
Nicolle chapter 20 . 5/28/2014
Amazing! I could have commented on every chapter, but I refrained until the end. I have not been able to stop reading this story. You are a great writer! I love how you kept the boys character and I liked the other characters as well. They need friends and support around them. I loved the humor and the sadness. It was just all around great!