Reviews for The Cold that Burns
Shadow in Midnight chapter 1 . 8h
Loved this story! The idea was really interesting. Kinda like a sacrifice to make everything better. Well, in a very crude sense? How Misaki was the only one who understood it all was also pretty effective-how no one believed him, but he still tried to save the others.

Honestly speaking what the shadow wanted from Usami was quite cliche, but if it was me, I'd put that too. Or, if I was feeling mean, then maybe Misaki's consciousness. Misaki would be in a coma-Usami would live, but in pain. if I was feeling mean. Though, I'm not sure about this, but is this one of your earlier stories? Because the style of writing has really changed from your more recent one. It's become even better, now! 3 (Either that or I've been reading too much Sekaiichi-picked it up again cuz of your fics)

This is my opinion, but if you wanted to make the reader's feelings dip quite low cuz of what Misaki went through, you could have put that he was ostracised by his peers for acting 'strange', or even being able to tell who's gonna die, within the class. I think you focused too much on Usami, in the fic...as in, the relationship between Usami and Misaki. Plus, another personal opinion-for someone, no matter how young, who...deals with death on a rather regular basis, should be kinda more...matured. I mean sure, he is mature in this fic, but kinda more...detached? Since he 'failed' to save so many people with what he was 'given'. I also think that you gave too little explanation on how Usami and Misaki fell in love. Although present, if you went even more in depth, it would make the part where Usami lost his feelings of 'love' even more heartbreaking to the reader. (Does he still have his memories even after he lost his feelings? Usami, I mean. About his driver and stuff)

The ending too, I feel was a little too rushed. I know it's pretty late-and if you stop you'll lose inspiration (we all get that lol)-it was good, but too rushed. How Misaki kept staying in the park once more, and Misaki was the one observing Usami instead. Although in the ending you put it as Usami observing Misaki-I think it'll be more...effective? if it was the opposite. How Misaki has his memories, and he was observing Usami, too far away to reach. The shadows, too, were interesting. It was as if...they wanted to know what was love, too. What it felt like to be human, as if they were seeking to become more human. Well, the one haunting Usami's pretty humane-he gave Misaki a week to collect memories. Either that or it would be sweeter. -shrug- Oh, but you didn't explain how the shadow haunting Usami could be invisible. That part was confusing and worth elaboration-what makes them stand out and so different? If you did, I think it would have made a rather significant difference on the story-why did he want Usami's love? And whart are the shadow's exact motive? In a certain context, it would have made the story much more interesting, and why Misaki was the only one who could see them, and why people who could see them was so rare. Good job though-I really enjoyed this part. Though I snorted pretty badly at the shadow part. Keep up the good work~ I really love your work~

Ps: sorry for the long review. I'm kinda lazy to paragraph the last para now...I have more fics to read (I'm stalking your profile). Have a great day/ what's left of it/ insert any uplifting comment which I'm too lazy to google right now. 3
Otaku and Proud chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
You gave my heart many dokis dokis. Thank you.
TheDinosaurKitty chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
This was awesome.
SmileBecauseYourBeautiful chapter 1 . 3/5/2014
Crying...I can't stop crying, I would love you forever if you wrote a sequel! :D but alas, that will never happen.
Tentai.t chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Sweetie! I love your angst! Happy new year!
Trahnael chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
Kinikilig ako! Wait... how could I say that in English? I don't know, all I know is that I'm getting this swirly feeling in my stomach and a tight but comfortable pang in my chest, kinda like every time I read or watch fluffy diabetic-sweet love stories and I just want to scream 'kyaa!'
Yep, that's what I meant by that non-english sentence there.
I keep telling myself that your fanfics are the best every time I finish reading one (I don't read them chronologically, though...). But I think this one has a reeeeeeeeaaaallllllyyyyyy gooood ending, and is the real best for me so far. Stay awesome! :D
Man, I don't even know why I ignored this fic in the past... (-_-)"
Butterfree chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
I loved this oneshot! It's an amazing premise that could work as either a oneshot or a full length chapter story. Either way, you nailed it.

CupidKirby
My Solitude chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Interesting story! I really enjoyed reading it. xD
FanficFinatic2 chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Wow I'm crying your stories always do this to me omgeezers god i need to stop reading them but i just can't they're too good you display the emotions so well and it gets to me keep up the good work! :)
Katia27 chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
I'm crying. I swear, seriously, I cry. Not a bit, no, really, with a lot of tears!
SERIOUSLYYYY! T-T This is so sad! When I read that Misaki had to leave Usagi... NOOOO, THIS IS SO SAAAAD! STUPID SHADOW! XD

Really, your story is GREAT. This is one of my favorite, with an another, "Superficial". You have a BIG TALENT, please continue! These two made me cry A LOT! Even now, I try to resist x)
I'm jealous, you write so good... è_è You're lucky! (My fic are... RAAAAH XD )

Anyway, please continue, your stories are awsome, seriously!
I hope I can read another fictions like this one! )

*And excuse me, my english isn't very good, I'm french, you see... "" *
Seb-asstian Verlac chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
Another great story once again!
The-fujoshi-in-me chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
uwaaahhh! Sugoi! Sugoi! Shuusetsu-sama! CX
tanigawa chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
First, I wasn't expecting that at all. I have to agree that what the shadow asked waa really more painful! I love you! You have this ability to make one guess only to prove us wrong!

I mean like in your paper cranes, you fooled me. And I think one needs to be such one talented person to do that! Keep it up!
ARequiemForADream chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Beautifully written. I was crying for Misaki. Oh ho people love putting his poor heart in pain, I hurt with him!
LetGo666 chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
O-o-oh my goodness. Why must you make me cry so?
Beautiful. It's so beautiful. Oh mi goodness...

I can't wait for more.
Trying to wait patiently, and always watching.