Reviews for In the Darkest Night
FranticHamster chapter 10 . 4/9
This is sad but very well written.
I love this Story. Please, I need more
EffervescentNova chapter 10 . 12/13/2014
Why would you choose a life long rape victim to seduce for information? Not only is it perverse it would also be incredibly difficult to achieve. Vasir's actions there don't make any sense.

The asari here lack the subtle malevolence they possessed in the games, they were far from benevolent and wise creatures they pretended to be. Biotics as with most fics are overpowered and require little to no effort to use. Energy free apparently and less exerting than running down a corridor. Why don't the asari just fly around using their biotics? Think of the energies they could save!

The asari are 6 and a half feet tall? I think you want to check that again.

Why would the batarians bother with giving humans slaves biotics or cloning human shock troopers? Humans possess no natural armor or biotics, no regenrative abilities. The only thing that makes humans dangerous is our natural adaptability, versatility, wit and cunning; yet the batarians stomp out all these attributes in their shock troopers. Nonsense. Krogan would make etter candidates for cloning and batarians themselves would make better candidates for eezo augmentations. Or they could just clone asari or krogan iotics exclusively. You really need to justify why the atarians are treating humans this way, and how it is they reached earth before humans were spacefaring? Even in spite of the lack of relays.

What happened to the salarianss uplifting the krogan? With the asari, salarians and krogan fighting together how would the clumsy batarians even stand a chance?

This story is beginning to drag, ten chapters in and the characters are barely introduced, there is hardly anything on the state of the wider galaxy or any progress in the mission. All Vasir has achieved is to perve on her slave. A slave whose information is now completely redundant. They have the intel they want, and the slaves demeanor tells them that the humans are not krogan, vorcha or yarg. Even if that were enough, a clumsy meld would still do the trick and they no longer have to concern themselves with losing vital intelligence.

No krogan rebellion?

Seriously though, don't you find Vsir's plans for seduction a little bit sickening?
FOODninja-321 chapter 10 . 12/3/2014
F**king amazing...

I cried in the first chapter. Hell you could probably write a novel.

I'd give you a cookie but I don't think you can print one. *starts to shove a cookie in to usb port*

Keep writing!

M.B
rjohanek chapter 10 . 12/2/2014
I've seen this story off and on for the last year, but could never get myself to read it. I just wasn't interested in reading about Batarians horribly abusing Humans, so I never got past the first few paragraphs of the story. Today I finally read the entire first chapter, and I was hooked. I proceeded to read the rest of the story straight through. Wow, this is really good! I can't wait to read more! Thank you so much for sharing this story.
RED78910 chapter 10 . 12/2/2014
I'm very glad that you have updated this so soon. Very good work!

It is interesting to see Tela trying to teach 29045 to think and take initiative rather than just do exactly what she is told and nothing more. Hopefully she can learn not to be so afraid all the tie and make a few of her own decisions.

And finally, a name! I very much hope that 29045 gets a name and starts to learn to speak soon. I'm very curious what she will 'sound' like, if that makes sense.

Please update soon!
RheasHelm chapter 10 . 12/2/2014
Excellent - the perils of something as seemingly simple as breakfast.
I see that Vasir is slowly pushing 29045 towards accepting that her days of slavery are over, but it's taking a lot of work. I do not envy Vasir that task, it must be quite frustrating.
Dainchi chapter 10 . 12/2/2014
And another great chapter! This just keeps getting better an better.
sollieus chapter 9 . 11/28/2014
Great story, please keep up the great work. It will be a fun read seeing the change in the humans thought process over the course of this story, I can't wait to see what happens next.
RheasHelm chapter 9 . 11/28/2014
Very good chapter.
It's good to see that 29045 is starting to get used to her new surroundings - nice use of "yesterday" vs. "today" - even though progress is slow, but that's to be expected. I also liked how you showed her reaction to finding out that the Asari had made her clothes.
29045 is quite adept at reading her masters, even the Asari. But will she ever communicate in anything that is not grunts, barks, or other sounds? Or mentally via meld?
Maybe Vasir should have shown her guest how the bathroom facilities work, they are probably not the same as what she had in the slave quarters. Even here on Earth these things can take some getting used to when you travel to different countries.
RED78910 chapter 9 . 11/27/2014
Glad to see you back!

I very much enjoyed this chapter. It would indeed be hard for someone in 29045's place to come to terms with what has happened to them, especially given how short a span of time has occurred. The disappointment Tela feeling at how much care 29045 needing being mistaken for anger at some imagined offense, and how she keeps comparing Tela and Asari to Batarians shows just how well the idea of her being a slave in ingrained in her mind.

I hope you update soon, and Happy Thanksgiving!
hilt51 chapter 9 . 11/26/2014
Great chapter, Are we going to see Varis try a get her to talk?
NenkotaMoon chapter 8 . 11/26/2014
Another great one.
Zippy Saboteur chapter 9 . 11/26/2014
I always enjoy updates to this story. It's such a refreshingly new idea in the fandom. Thanks for keeping up with it however much you're able, it's very good and enjoyable. I'm looking forward to more in the future
OBSERVER01 chapter 9 . 11/26/2014