Reviews for In the Darkest Night
Still holding on chapter 11 . 6/17
Is it weird that I still check this story every second day, to see if there is an update?
I'm still hoping for the next part. I am especially looking forward to Elosias introduction into Asari culture
Natzi Sumbitch chapter 11 . 6/2
This isn't dead is it?
AlsoKnownAsMatt chapter 11 . 5/31
Really nicely done. Great characterization of both Vassir and Elosia. A very interesting political situation you've set up that I wonder if it would test out in reality. I suspect the Batarians wouldn't have or use as much technology and would depend more on numbers to threaten the Asari and Salarians. You semi-indicate this but at the same time the Batarians seem to have full access to most of the tools developed by the other races. Curious to see what you do with this story and its characters and, as always, thankful for your hard work on both.
I know you didn't want to continue this story, but please, reconsider. It's amazing and I love it. I check up on it weekly still. It's a wonderful story that needs to be continued! 3
Naschkaetzchen chapter 11 . 3/5
I skipped most of chapter 2 and 3. I didn't feel like I need ALL this information about galactic history, politics, character backgrounds including relatives and so on before actually getting into the story. But thankfully the brilliant first chapter kept me motivated to go on and chapter 4-11 rewarded my patience. Your ability to show and pin down 29045's perspective is nearly frighteningly good, the batarian programming ... nearly makes you wish for reaper indocrination instead. Love the shower scene, it's sad and beautiful and sexy and caring.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/17
YES, finally!
More please :)
rjohanek chapter 11 . 2/5
I just wanted to say that it is GREAT to see you working on this story again! I can't wait to read more!
swemanD47 chapter 11 . 2/5
I wish you updated this story more often.
It's one of the better i seen in a long time
RED78910 chapter 11 . 2/3
This was just...beautiful! So sweet, tender, hot, and beautiful! When I saw this in my inbox I simply could not believe my eyes! It has been so long now, I am simply ashamed to say I had thought you had abandoned this story a while ago. Still, in spite of all that, you gave us an update. Thank you for this.

You did a very good job of making the shower scene very hot and sensual, while at the same time strangely caring and sweet. Especially given that this Is a ploy by the asari government to gain information, and the asari tasked is Tela Vasir of all people!

You do such a good job with her character here that I honestly believe, Truly believe, that Tela cares for this person. And I'm not just talking about sympathy for another person because you see them harmed. That's cheap. I mean Tela cares for Elosia as a Person, and I think truly wants to make her life better.

That's not an easy feat, turning a character who is usually treated as a cheap villain at best into a sympathetic person whom I truly want to see more of.

And she finally has a name! Thank you for that! No more numbers! Now...now she is Elosia. A small step in her (hopeful) rehabilitation as a person, but a good one I think. A very good choice.

I must say though, it was also saddening being reminded again how deeply ingrained her slave conditioning is. Makes sense though, as you reminded us here that it's only been a day or two since Elosia was 'liberated' from the Batarians, and really this was a major development in a short period of time all things considered.

Doesn't feel like that long though. Partly of course due to...time...but also due to your writing. It would have been so easy to believe that Elosia has been with Tela for a lot longer then she has.

Anyway, I'm just rambling now, so I'll end this. I'm sorry if it did not make sense. I really enjoyed it (and I will not lie, wish So Much we could have gotten more) is the point.

Keep up the great work, and please update soon!
RheasHelm chapter 11 . 2/3
Ah, to take a shower with Tela Vasir has never sounded so appealing. :)
And Tela seems to be enjoying her job a lot more now, too. Win-win.
That's a pretty name you picked for 29045. Now let's hope it won't be too long until she learns the Asari language, then she won't have to listen to the Batarian language anymore, which should further help with her recovery.
great story can't wait for more
OBSERVER01 chapter 11 . 2/2
welp that was interesting.
SiwaPyra chapter 10 . 12/28/2015
Just reread this story; I super duper miss it! Hope all is going well!
Atsirk Enoh chapter 10 . 11/29/2015
29045 is such a cutie.
FranticHamster chapter 10 . 4/9/2015
This is sad but very well written.