Reviews for The Back Door
Srednasnhoj chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
This could have easily been in the story between the two. You could have also placed this in your story about how the two came together and during the wedding have him kiss her scar before her lips.
writerzero chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
I can't express how glad I am that she chose to live. Not sure why I started reading it since it mentioned suicide, and I usually just go for anything but what I expect will have a sad ending. It's extremely well written, and the dialogue between the two is amazing.
ssjEasterBunny chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
I very much enjoyed the beginning and end of this story. Raven's reflection on each of her friends as she prepares for suicide was a very sobering moment and established an appropriate tone. Then once she and Beast Boy started talking, I thought the dialog was quite realistic and Beast Boy showed a captivating evolution of emotions. I could real feel how he tried to keep himself together at first and maintain the dignity of the moment, but then he gradually weakened as the scene went on.

My main issue is with the very end. Raven decides to live for her friends, but those are the same friends that she was saying goodbye to earlier. It just felt like she changed her mind for a reason that she'd already come to terms with. Beast Boy's entrance was also a little too convenient, but that's a minor point in the context of the hurt/comfort objectives of the story.

Overall, it's a great read that diverges from the usual BB/Raven genre.
Elivra26 chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
This... this was incredible. The characterisations were spot on, and Beast Boy's raw, simple words made a more pronounced effect than any melodramatic speech. Thank you so very much for such an amazing story!
MushuFireLorde chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
my soul has been reached out and touched, my heart is crying. I am grateful, fully grateful for my life right now. thank you for this story, I needed it.
Shadico chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
Those last two paragraphs finally broke me and brought forth the tears. Really well done and...thank god it was a good ending. I just...yea. Wow.
Deceptively Sane chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
I always wondered if there was a story about this. I'm sure the thought must have crossed her mind several different times. Very well done.
WickedInk chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
O.O... there are no words I can use to describe how AMAZING this fic is! I love it!
Hysminai chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
What a wonderful fanfiction I've stumble upon. Very well made and really touching, I really read it all with a tingling heartache. You portrayed them just the way I see and like them.
Congratulations, I loved it.
Yuri Hannah chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
THIS IS BEYOND BEAUTIFUL! And I've never thought a fic could be so beautiful when it's about a suicide attempt. They way he convinced her was so heart breaking, and that last scene teared me up. I can really just imagine them drenched in the bathtub, just holding eachother. There's an art of this? Please! I just NEED to see it!
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Utterly beautiful.

Gar's conviction and friendship, I mean. He took the only tack that had a chance of working, that might have saved her life. He SHOWED her what she meant to him, the breadth and depth of the ragged, caustic hole she would have left behind. He allowed her to stop herself.

I don't normally like to contemplate suicide - - for a lot of reasons - - but you have produced something unique with this little gem of a tale. This gets Favorited.
Next chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Im surprised you don't have any reviews yet. Your story was deep and sad. I liked Beast Boy in this and was compelled to keep reading to see what happened. I am so glad she didn't go through with it, Raven is my favorite titan.