Reviews for Cream and rose brocade
NEGirl chapter 22 . 9/6
This was great. Really loved it. I like how you kept everyone pretty well in character even if their roles change. If they are too ooc then they aren't them! If that makes any sense...
Peetlepee chapter 22 . 6/5
Another one of your stories that I absolutely loved but what did they have the second time? A boy or a girl? :)
Guest chapter 22 . 6/6/2015
Ugh wasn't this just the best thing ever?
How beautiful, I'm so glad they have their little girl. And I love the Banna touches, you've painted them so well. John and Elsie as siblings works incredibly well too.
dibdab4 chapter 22 . 2/20/2015
Just saved this to my kindle reading list to read while away from. WiFi on road trip this weekend. As Time Goes By AND LTIH? Two of my all-time favorite shows in the whole wide world! So . Excited!
BarbarafromPrague chapter 22 . 3/11/2014
Wonderful and beautiful story! Thank you 3 3
BrittanyLS chapter 22 . 3/5/2014
Beautiful!
Tarafru chapter 22 . 3/4/2014
Just when I think it can't get any better IT DOES. I blame this story for my recent addiction to CarsonxHughes AU. They really do work in any situation, in any setting, because they are so clearly the perfect couple. As always I love your writing style. It's so clean and flows so beautifully. Loved it.
Nikolko chapter 22 . 3/4/2014
This story was lovely, wonderful, beautiful, perfect. Thank you so much!
GeordieLass chapter 22 . 3/4/2014
Oh wow wow wow! Loved this! The most exquisite ending to the most exquisite story. Well done! X
CrazyMaryT chapter 22 . 3/4/2014
Thank you for a lovely AU.
cinnamon84 chapter 22 . 3/4/2014
Awwww an astounding wonderful chapter again! Loved it very very very much! Don't even know where to start. This: "We are going to get this baby out of me. And we'll do it soon." This was sooooo incredibly in-character Elsie! As was dismissing the doctor. I loved impatient Charles. I half expected him to blindly march through the door in that middle of the final stage.
And I loved the epilogue, that words made the chapter even more perfect. And there's a second! I was so happy when I read that, it really sucks being an only child. So thank you!
Your descriptive style of writing was also very splendid again, very fluently to read.
Okay, I was very disappointed when I knew this would already be the last chapter, but you made a whole bunch up by writing a very satisfying, very wonderful one. Thank you very much for this chapter and story, I've had a wonderful time reading it. Thank you!
SarLei chapter 22 . 3/4/2014
...and you are wonderful for writing this incredibly lovely story. :) I didn't expect the ending though, but it was all the better for it. Thanks for all of this. :)
evitamockingbird chapter 21 . 3/4/2014
Wow, I can't believe Thomas died. He's often a nasty chap in stories, but isn't often actually killed off. I'm kind of sorry for it, since he seemed so penitent at the end. But perhaps only in his death throes would he admit how kind Elsie was to him, and how he should have been more grateful. I think if he had been kinder, Charles might have been more generous if the baby were a boy and Thomas was out of luck in terms of the title and inheritance. Of course there could be nothing done about the inheritance, but there were things like allowances, perhaps Crawley House (did someone live there already? I know Bery's in the dower house...) for life. Anyway, great chapter!
evitamockingbird chapter 22 . 3/4/2014
Ha! It's so hilarious that she kicks the doctor out of her room! So Elsie. I'm glad Mrs. Turnbull was there to help. I know from reading the Script Book that Isobel Crawley was a Turnbull before she was a Crawley, so I think she must be a woman capable of helping with a birth.

I also love that she screams and hollers and curses. She doesn't try to be silent and ladylike. It hurts, so she's going to scream! So perfect.

Poor Charles is going nuts downstairs, where of course he can hear her yelling, which isn't very reassuring. But he knows at least that this is to be expected. It's too bad he doesn't have anyone with him to help him feel calmer.

I liked that they named their daughter Mary and I loved that this ended with her telling him that she had something just below her heart again. Sooooo sweeeeet and wonderful. Just marvelous. Great chapter and great story.
uma.ramrup chapter 22 . 3/4/2014