Reviews for The Price of Survival
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 6/29
It does sound like the marriage between Lucius and Narcissa left something to be desired-but that he and Hermione are making up for lost time. Besides, all intellectual girls love horses! (just ask Lisa Simpson).

Poor Ron. He should have remembered what happened to Marietta Edgecombe, and Hermione barely knew the girl. Why do I feel that canaries are in his future?

And I am so glad that Harry rescued Snape (and allowed Snape to finish off his assailant. You know, the burn paste smelled funny for the next couple of weeks...).

Luna's wonderful. I bet she ends up running the paper once her father is gone.
Anonymous chapter 11 . 6/13
This fic is so good. Please don't leave up here!
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 5/30
I can't decide if Hermione ought to do something terrible to Ron or write him a thank-you letter. Oh, I know! A letter thanking him along with a vivid description of why she's enjoying her married life so much ought to be just the thing.

As for Harry, his mother was Dorea Black (per the family tree at Grimmauld Place, I believe) and his godfather was Sirius Black. That ought to make sense even to Dumbledore.

As for blood adoption being revived, perhaps Harry ought to do a little more research and find out why it was banned in the first place? Perhaps keeping the same old genes in play is not such a good idea. But at least so many orphans will find a family, and a place, and those not inclined towards standard reproduction still remain in the Wizarding World.

As for the poor selling their children...from a genetic point of view it makes sense. But how long till Molly Weasley tries to put Harry's head on a stick for just suggesting it? And perhaps the poor have more children because they have fewer pureblood genes in them, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 5/17
One thing that Harry and Hermione are still not realizing about Dumbledore is that he has successfully indoctrinated Gryffindors into believing that whatever a Gryffindor is right, especially if they somehow harm a Slytherin in the process-and that Slytherin is always evil, so hurting one is a *good* thing. But it would take a lot for either one to examine their premises to that extent. Fortunately, Harry can see past that to some extent, or he wouldn't be in bed with Snape. Plus, at some point Harry is likely to realize that he is human enough to love, no matter how he denies it-Snape loving him will be the first total love he's experience since his parents died, and eventually that will reach him.

Hermione is quite sensible, but doesn't examine her premises enough, either-just ask Marietta Edgecombe what she thinks of self-righteous Gryffindors, though Hermione has of course forgotten her existence. But there's another problem. Blood adoption simply repeats the genetic errors causing the problems with inbreeding, and frankly, perpetuates them. Maybe that's one of the reasons it was abandoned in the first place.

Ron's dead meat-he'll be lucky if he doesn't have canaries flying out of his mouth (having entered him somewhere else).
Iroko chapter 11 . 5/16
Very pleasant and fun story, with an interesting political plot. I love both of the major relations : Harry the snake and the sexy Severus, Hermione the women in charge of the poor abandoned Lucius. And I giggle a lot with some speech to the poor Phenix members.
Look forward to read next part
Iroko
vgriffin4 chapter 11 . 5/15
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT UPDATE. THIS HAS BEEN AN EXTREMELY INTERESTING AND INTRIGUING STORY. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY COME UP WITH NEXT. PLUS THE UPCOMING AND MOST IMPORTANT MEETINGS OF THE GODFATHERS AND THE ENGAGED. OH WHAT FUN!

PLEASE IGNORE THE CAPS. I WRITE THIS WAY SO I CAN SEE AND READ WHAT I WRITE. THANK YOU!
kathiesmith69 chapter 11 . 5/10
Dear Author,
I would like to take to let you know how much I enjoyed reading what you have taken the time to write. I hope you consider finishing this story. What you have written was different and enjoyable.
khrysavek1 chapter 11 . 4/26
I hope you continue this. It's quite good. :)
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 4/14
I find Hermione unexpectedly practical-although I do hope she actually spoke with and persuaded her parents instead of mind-raping them.

However, she really should have been more careful, or she wouldn't have ended up in her current position-though one can well imagine how the children are going to turn out, and how extensive the prenup is going to be. The fine print will need a microscope...

Neat chapter!
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 4/1
I really liked this chapter. The way that Harry assured himself of food, and sometimes money, is far more likely than the Abused Orphan in canon-people who are starved on an inconsistent basis soon learn to provide for themselves one way or another. It's sad how Snape never thinks anyone cares for him (possibly because they haven't, not really). But yes, he wants his freedom as much as Harry does.

Perhaps Harry ought to ask the twins what some good defense charms might be fun for people who mess with his stuff (and then he should teach them to Luna, who seems to have a lot more trouble with people stealing from her than Harry does).

And I would feel more sorry for Sirius if I didn't get the feeling that 12 years in Azkaban might be the sentence for attempted murder, which Sirius is clearly guilty of (not to mention the head-whacking in PoA). Harry should realize that Remus is probably babysitting him for good reasons.

Ah, a letter from Hermione!
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 3/30
It was nice watching Harry putting the Order in their place-frankly, I've seen better conspiracies formed by a colony of cherrystone clams than the canon Order.

I do think Harry is kind of jumping to conclusions when he hears the kind of potions that Snape has been giving him, though. Yes, yes, and everything works out in bed for him and Snape, but it was all rather sudden-plus, Harry is still only 15, and therefore underage and a former student to Snape despite claiming the Lordship.

Still, nice lemons.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 3/24
I love Harry's financial calculations-the Dursleys are just special, aren't they? But Harry should think harder than he has-perhaps his parents did make a will, but it's been disappeared.

How did Snape manage to avoid becoming a spy *and* avoid being sent to Azkaban by Dumbledore? I thought the whole reason Albus saved him from that prison was to become a spy as needed-and the Headmaster is not a nice person when he's thwarted.

Ah, Sirius! There he is.
Espied7 chapter 11 . 3/10
Very creative.
kitty-gurl1 chapter 11 . 3/8
i'm really loving the way you write fic, i can't wait till next chapter!
alice22 chapter 2 . 1/6
I hope that you have a chance to cont this story since it has been almost 1 year since the last update. I really love this story!